Boost The Graphics Performance Of Your AC09

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
My Laptop Secs:

hp-pavilion-dv6500.jpg

Operating System : Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7300 (2.00 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
Memory : 2GB DDR2 (2 Dimm)
Display : 15.4″ WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
Graphics Card : 383MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS with DirectX 10
Networking : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)
Hard disk : 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
DVD Drive : LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
Battery : High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Background:

My Laptop has never given me any trouble playing games. I have played lots of new games without glitch but this game could only be played at resolution 1028 x 768 resolution and crowd turned off. I could play the game at higher resolution with crowd off but the timing was all wrong for batsman.

I wanted the full experience of the game in highest resolution and all graphic options set to high. Then I remembered that Windows Vista offers me to use my USB as extra memory booster. This feature is called ReadyBoost.

I used my 4GB Kingston USB drive for this. It had 3GB of free space and I used all that. The next step was to start the game and check the results. With resolution set to 1200 x 800 and all graphics option high I was experiencing different game all together.

The flash memory device serves as an additional memory cache?that is, memory that the computer can access much more quickly than it can access data on the hard drive. Windows ReadyBoost relies on the intelligent memory management of Windows SuperFetch and can significantly improve system responsiveness.Following are the steps involved if you want to try this out:

1) Plugin your USB Drive. Autorun window will pop up like this

21793713.jpg

2) Select "Speed up my System" option and following Window will open

70358777.jpg

3) Use settings as above. Press OK when you are done.

4) You can confirm ReadyBoost is enabled by checking your USB drive from My Computer. It will look like this

25559668.jpg

Please note:
1) The thing has worked for me does not mean it will work for you.
2) Use it at your own risk though chances of anything going wrong are very very minuscule.

Users who are viewing this thread