Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thread is just out of topic for the moment i think, and expect all of u'r guys comments over my patch after playing around with it, what do u say?

boss

tried two 20-over matches on a hard pitch (in normal level)

First match : CPU chasing
Ind vs Eng

Scores:
Ind 162 (in 20 ovrs)
Eng 164/1 (in 18 odd overs)

Comments:
->Batting is fairly even,not too difficult nor too easy,strikes a good balance.

->CPU dont play aggressively right from the go,even though it is a 20 over game.

->Infact the chase was so professional,that they were happy scoring at 6 rpo for the first 7/8 overs and they lost their only wicket in 16th over when the match was virtually over.

->CPU shot selection was quite good,but the pacing was just too good.

Second Match: Me chasing
WIndies vs Pakistan

Scores:
Pak: 116/6 (in 20 overs)
Windies: 118/3 (in 14 overs)

Comments:
->This time around i managed to bowl quite well.Particularly when fast bowlers bowled slightly short on middle stump,the only shot CPU offers is the glide down to third-man.I filled up the gaps near gully/point region and the runs almost dried down for pak.I managed to bowl two consecutive maidens

->I managed to restrict pak to 116,i got off to a good start,particularly,straight drive,when timed properly,was very effective.

->I also discovered that pull shots could be played with quite an ease(i have never before seen pulls played with such ease),so that shot too is definitely more productive.

Pros ::

1:>Good Pacing by CPU when chasing
2:>Some shots tweaked make them quite realistic(eg:leg-glance)
3:>CPU just dont thrash every ball out of the park

Cons:

1:>I found that CPU bowled far too many wides
2:>Shot selection when bowling short and straight is quite poor
3:>CPU needs to be a bit more agressive atleast when the field restrictions are on
4:>I saw this annoying thing(it might not be related to your patch)Fielders placed near the boundaries gave up chases very easily even when they could have managed to stop a ball from reaching the fence.The problem here is that as they are on the edge of the boundary,when they try to move right or left,they get just stuck up at one place,i.e you can see fielders feet moving but he not moving from his position.

My verdict:

AI Pacing: 7.5/10(it is good when chasing)
CPU Shot Selection:7/10
Tweaked Shots: 8/10
Edited Fields to match tweaked shots: 8/10

OVERALL :
7.75/10
Good work,mate.Definitely a good patch considering it is still a beta..

Hope the review helps ..

Last edited:
Feedback

Hello. I downloaded this Patch this afternoon and think it plays great. I think there may just be too many Stumpings. If you are a Spinner, the Batsman will almost always charge down the Pitch and miss it, leaving the Wicketkeeper to Stump him. You said you would like good or bad comments so I hope you do not take my feedback badly.

Alright I've given this a try. Bear in mind I've been using Ravi AI for a while so I couldn't time the ball at all... Some comments:
- you now get bowled when you advance to yorkers. Yorkers are already hard enough to play, don't take away one of the only available shots.
- cover driving: I didn't get the ball through the covers once (normally my best scoring area). I kept picking out the fielders. Can't just be a timing issue as there doesn't seem to be enough variety of placement.
- off driving: I hit several boundaries with this shot but pretty much all in exact the same place. More variety needed again
- leg glance: couldn't get it away properly. Kept going to the man every time. When the cpu was batting they hit a leg glance through mid-on!
- hooking: like it. Felt good, high reward and high risk.
- cutting: hit a few over the top with the advance lofted cut but got out twice trying the normal lofted cut.
- straight driving: hard to time

Like I said bear in mind that I didn't really time anything much and I kept getting out to 'safe' shots. Good effort though and I'll definitely have a go with the next release.

download it shake_12 and read the readme which is included in it.

I tried a game, overall batting was quite fun. as barmy said,, legglance is really annoying no mater if you time early, middle or late, it goes to that same guy. Also lower order batsmen can barely hit the ball, almost an edge everytime straight to slips. If you fix those couple of things, than it will be great.

groobz said:
I tried a game, overall batting was quite fun. as barmy said,, legglance is really annoying no mater if you time early, middle or late, it goes to that same guy. Also lower order batsmen can barely hit the ball, almost an edge everytime straight to slips. If you fix those couple of things, than it will be great.

leg-glance worked pretty well for me..for me the direction where the glance would result in,was quite varied..sometimes as fine as a very fine,fine-leg and sometimes to sqaure-leg.

I've now tried a 50 over match. Green pitch.
Bowled the opposition out for 38. All the wickets were catches behind or in the slips. No bowled or lbws; yorkers were very ineffective.
Knocked the runs off in 3 overs so I can't add much more to the batting other than that the leg glance still isn't going anywhere for me and I can't get it through the covers.

1:>I found that CPU bowled far too many wides
by pat

trying to reduce the bowling mark in next ver pat!

2:>Shot selection when bowling short and straight is quite poor
by pat

usually they backfoot leg glance it or bf on/straight drive it?, isn't it?

3:>CPU needs to be a bit more agressive atleast when the field restrictions are on

granted on the next patch pat!

Fielders placed near the boundaries gave up chases
that is the poor annoying bug u know!

Hope the review helps ..

definitely mate.., thanx ya 4 u'r review.

I think there may just be too many Stumpings

skateboarder2, i think there are still few shots are need to be find in the *.gob file, most of the advance down the wicket shots are hiding, soon someone find to help it. no prob mate, i need all kind of pros/cons in the patch, then only we can make it perfect.

you now get bowled when you advance to yorkers. Yorkers are already hard enough to play, don't take away one of the only available shots.

hi BA, i can easily avoid yorkers with the on-drive. next time u may try that mate.

cover driving: I didn't get the ball through the covers once (normally my best scoring area). I kept picking out the fielders. Can't just be a timing issue as there doesn't seem to be enough variety of placement
this is also reg.to u'r timing. generally the ball goes from gully to cover region

leg glance: couldn't get it away properly. Kept going to the man every time. When the cpu was batting they hit a leg glance through mid-on!

i think u need to time this shot mostly when the ball in the leg stump and short of good length

straight driving: hard to time
it's also fairly easy BA, need to time it more after u spend more time on it.

thanx barmyarmy 4 u'r feedback, soon all bugs fixed in later version

-------
hi groobz, leg glance is perfect at the moment, need to time it a bit late. IS the later order prob occur in ODIs or Tests?
--------
hi shake_12, this patch is for all game skills with all game types. if u like to un-inst it u can easily do that with att originalcfg. thanx
---------
Quote by BA:

I've now tried a 50 over match. Green pitch.
Bowled the opposition out for 38. All the wickets were catches behind or in the slips. No bowled or lbws; yorkers were very ineffective.
Knocked the runs off in 3 overs so I can't add much more to the batting other than that the leg glance still isn't going anywhere for me and I can't get it through the covers.

hi barmyarmy, that never happened to me mate!, anyhow i like to reduce the edges more!

thanx to all of u who given some fb on the patch, more needed to work it out well!

BOSS

scrren shot btw IND(v)ENG @ OVAL 20 ov match. Match result u see...

shot:1 ENG 1st bat scr

ENG scoring details

ind bowl fig

eng manhattan

flintoff spider

ind chasing scorecard

ind sco details

eng bowl figs

ind manhattan

sachin spider

match ended in a tie. here is the worm comp!

match btw IND v ENG @ brit Oval, 20 ove match, Damp pitch!!?

result was a tie. see u'r self 4 the details, the above screenies. thank u!, need more comments

boss

Some more feedback for you. I've started timing the cover drive but they are all going square and none actually through the covers. Still can't score more than 1 off the leg glance and yorkers are a bit of a nightmare too. Straight advance I get bowled and on drive advance I get caught at mid-on.

Users who are viewing this thread