Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
one thing i noticed in the field settings that there are only 1 catching man and there are suppose to be 2. Also the fielders i feel are a bit to deep. But other than that a pretty good patch

I was quite impressed. One thing I did notice that the advance down wicket/straight drive shot always plays square through the covers. Obviously that's ludicrous, even for my batting :D

Some more feedback for you. I've started timing the cover drive but they are all going square and none actually through the covers. Still can't score more than 1 off the leg glance and yorkers are a bit of a nightmare too. Straight advance I get bowled and on drive advance I get caught at mid-on.
Yesterday 12:18 PM

hi BA,
thanx again 4 u'r helpful f/bs. all the cover drive, leg-glance power values will be tweaked in next ver. i think u don't need to advance 4 the yorker. u may safely avoid it by staying in the crease and even score hefty with it by using front-foot ondrive. anyhow as u suggest i try to tweak the timing values of str.adv and on.drv adv in next patch. thank u mate!

this patch is really fun the filed settings are very intersting 2 what if i wanna change it back to its orgianl felids settings what do i do?

thanx shake_12 4 u'r comm. i will add field-uninstaller in next version(that switch the field settings to original,but anyhow u r advised to play with my field seetings, coz of the funny field settings by ea ppl).

one thing i noticed in the field settings that there are only 1 catching man and there are suppose to be 2. Also the fielders i feel are a bit to deep. But other than that a pretty good patch

thanx kodos 4 u'r fb. which field setting u'r talking abt?, is it ODI or Test and for which bowler type. if u elaborate it a bit more i can working on it in the next ver.

I was quite impressed. One thing I did notice that the advance down wicket/straight drive shot always plays square through the covers. Obviously that's ludicrous, even for my batting

thanx cricketmouse (LoL :) ) 4 u'r fb. i change direction in adv.str.drv shot in next ver.

Boss :cheer

btw i need more feedback/comments/reviews/pros or cons on the patch, then only i can work in on it to make it more enjoyable gameplay!, flood it on guys....

BOSS

its the ODI and for the fast bowlers. But the fields are quite interesting and difficult to get the boundaries especially in the middle to end of the match. As I said earlier great patch.

Boss Thank you so much for making this patch. What a great patch. Probally the best patch so far.

I like the new field placings...feels like you are actually playing a real game. I also like the fact that you just can't hit 6's on every ball. I love this patch.

For the next release, I would recommend making batting a bit more difficult.

I will post more findings later!

Thanks mate!

Hi boss, i have batted only abt 8 overs with your patch and i should say this is the best patch made.. the field settings makes it great becoz its simply tough to beat the fielders and score boundaries and sixes. Even if you score a boundary of a ball, you cant be sure of scoring another one in the next becoz of the field. here is one thing:

the power of the shots are a bit high. when I on drive, the ball first bounces at the short leg region and the second bounce is close to the deep long leg near the boundary.

I will update you fully after i play the rest of my innings!

thanx once again to all of u who make fb(kodos,shake12,sameer0807,saisrini80)abt my patch, sure that will imp the same in the next.

boss

Last edited:
Hi Boss,

I just tried your patch, and although i have only tried the batting, i have to say i am IMPRESSED!

I have to say also using your fields with this patch is a MUST , cos of the direction of stokes that u have edited and where certain catches go.

I have also experinced the "fielder on the boundary no moving" bug. I have also FIXED IT !

I used the field editor, and saw that the man positoned on the 3rd man boundary was set as a "slip" fielder (under animation). So when i edged a ball there he never moved cos he thought he was a standing at slip! I used the editor and changed him from "slip" to "basic" and the problem was solved.

Whilst doing this i noticed that for many of your fields, you have:

1. Outfileders set as "slips" animation.
2. Slips fielders set as "basic" or "close" animations.

also other wrong combo's , i can only suggest u go through ALL your fields and check these values. (if you have any questions about changing these then i will help)

Next, did you change where the CPU bowls??

Cos i notice the CPU bowls a bit shorter, cos the Bowling cursor is often "hidden" behind the umpire. This IS NOT a bad thing, I was just curious what u changed to get the CPU to bowl differently .

Anyway good work so far mate

I have bowled with your patch and playing as Surrey(With a bowling attack of medium pacers Azhar Mahmood, Bicknell and Ormand) against Hampshire. They are 43/6 off 23 overs on a green track, which is pretty good against me! And on medium! so the CPU batting has improved and they are keeping a run rate near two an over(would have been more if it wasn't for my great bowling and superb field settings!) I like the stroke directions- the ball has been going everywhere! But the batsmen often edges the ball when he hooks and it goes over the keepers head(even with sams wkt_timing patch). But not bad at all I must say. I haven't batted yet so can't comment on that as yet.

thanx eddie 4 u'r idea over field fix. fielder fix will be updated in next ver. I think CPU bowling variation mainly come from the type of the bowler(i.e, def,mod,agg type), usually agg bowler(like brett,shoaib) will bowl mostly bouncers/yorkers, vice versa. But there also few parameters that may change the way of CPU bowls, usually "CpuBallBatsman, CpuBallStump,CpuBallLength, CpuDifficulty, TargetSizeMin and TargetSizeMax". Hope this will help.

BOSS

But the batsmen often edges the ball when he hooks and it goes over the keepers head

thx zoraxdoom over u'r comm. Trying to fix that one up is well!

BOSS

ok, batted 20-30 more overs..

- one of the front foot straight drives is a bit powerful. One time it went thru mid-wicket!?!? like a rocket. Direction and power needs a bit of a tweak.

- shots in general got to ground a bit to quick, causing them to bounce over the in-field.

- leg-glance/side shot, a bit wierd really. Shane Warne bowled a ball to a left hander, i went to "push" it thru mid wicket, but the ball went down to fine leg? Even though the face of the bat was pointing thru mid-wicket..just looked a bit wrong.

- Square cut: Right arm bowler to left-hander. Square cut perfectly timed between 1st slip and keeper, along the ground..needs to go a bit squarer im my humble opinion.

- hook shots, really liking them pretty much spot on!

- front foot defensive shots are muddled or changed? Ball pitched on Off-stump. I play a forward def. But instead of bat and pad together and defending the ball. It chooses the shot where you "reach out" and play a def shot , so you miss the ball by miles and get LBW. This must be linked to the other bug when u are leg-side of the ball and try to defend a ball pitched on off-stump, but instead it chooses the def shot with bad and pad together, exposing the stumps and u get bowled.

still haven't bowled yet..

Yeah, nice patch Boss :cool: . Just a couple of things (bearing in mind this is the first time I've played c2k4 for about 4 months ;) ), and these may already have been pointed out by others; if so, my apologies...
1. When batting, I've noticed like barmyarmy said that it's difficult to pierce the cover fielders with the cover drives, and the backfoot cover drive always seems to go to point.
2. The lower order edges far too many shots.
3. The cpu seems to play the backfoot late cut quite often. It looks good on occasion, especially in the one dayers, but maybe it could be toned down a little?
4. As someone said, there should be at least two catchers in place for the first 15 overs.
5. Love the pull/hook, as others have said.
6. Cpu pacing seems OK atm (in a 50 over match, chasing a paltry 192 I set them, they are 70/2 after 15 overs) .
All in all good stuff though mate; looking forward to the next version :) .

hey boss, one more question.. as people say here, the late cut is played too often by the cpu and most of the time, it connects.. i feel it should depend upon the current confidence and skills of the batsman.

When the cpu plays the late cut, the fielder positioned there doesnt even attempt to catch the ball even though the fielder fielding there was Yuvraj Singh. The thing is that the fielder doesnt even move and the ball goes through! Overall, a very good patch and better than many other patches posted here in my opinion!

boss said:
thx zoraxdoom over u'r comm. Trying to fix that one up is well!
BOSS
I think it's fair to say that you're putting in more work for this Patch to be perfect than EA did with the entire game!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread