Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reply: 03.04.2005, 12.25 p.m. IST

Boss you are the first patch maker who was able to include more swing and pace in his patch without Sam exe.I think you have got those values which determines both these.There are some minor errors with your beta patch and hope you will fix it soon.Why not you try to creat a seprate patch for test match .May be it will ease your work.

You are right that Sam beta exe has some bugs and swing is less but other things are fantastic.I hope I will get more swing and speed in your CGPP 3.Please provide challenging mode seprate and normal mode should be not so hard but competitive one.
by The Hero

Yeah Hero!, Thank u for that!, i'll search for the bugs in beta and will fix it in stable. I don't think 2 seperate patches for ODIs/Tests. CGPv3 will provide you enough variations in the game modes i hope. Yes!, challenging mode will be seperately provided.

Hey my good Fritend Boss... Love your new patch really great... just want to ask you a few things don't get mad. what is 4. dancedowncoverdrivefix.zip 5. cgpv3ircubeta.zip and what do they do?
by indiancricketer

No probs to help u mate!.

dancedowncoverdrivefix.zip is reducing the occurence along with the power,direction and height of the advance down the wicket cover drive shot. You have to install it using GIv3 by import zip option.

cgpv3ircubeta.zip is the International Roster Characteristics Update!(IRCU), not just statistical update, this is a innovative think works wonderfully well!. and in this beta IND,AUS,PAK,ENG teams RCU are upate.

Hope this will help!

Cheers

Boss

I can't run Sam's New Exe Patch

Friends!,

I have one weird prob!, i can't run the new sam's exe beta 1.2 patch. Though i install it in c2004 folder, once i run Cricket_2004.exe, it shows one warning screen like "will u about to continue?", after clicking "OK", nothing happens!. Though the patch is residing in memory(check that with task monitor!), still i can't run this!. I am pretty frustrated. :crying . I request some body to enlight my doubt. (BTW i install the game in windows2k, rest of the c2004 related things, all works well though!)

Boss

i like your patch but i play alot of one dayers and the computer batsman get caught by slips or wicket keeper alot. And the runrate is always around 2.5 to 2.8 could u make the computer batsman alot more aggressive like about 4 or 4.5 per over.
like 0-15 over about 60-80 runs, 16-30 140-180 runs, 30-50 180- 280. thanks alot.

i like your patch but i play alot of one dayers and the computer batsman get caught by slips or wicket keeper alot. And the runrate is always around 2.5 to 2.8 could u make the computer batsman alot more aggressive like about 4 or 4.5 per over.
like 0-15 over about 60-80 runs, 16-30 140-180 runs, 30-50 180- 280. thanks alot.
by robertporter

Hi mate!, thanks for u'r comm!,In my game the CPU always score 200-250 in 50 ove ODI, where as they amash 120-150 in 20 ove ODI. I didn't find a prob u mention. Anyhow looking on to it...

Friends!, pls some one enlight my prob: Sam's new exe v1.2 patch is not running in my system!, donno why?, i install it correctly!, still after the warning screen, after clicking "O.K", nothing happens. But the patch is residing in memory(as it can be find by task monitor), some advice in this reg is much app!,

Boss

Last edited:
Sorry boss i wished i could help u but i am not computer person, I dont know much about computer isues. really sorrry buddy
by The Champ

That's all right champ buddy!, some one might help me...

Boss

hey boss sorry i cant help you with sams new exe patch either.

so far i am enjoying your new beta patch im my south african odi series thread west indes are 122/1 after 21 overs excellent. cheers :cheers

hey boss sorry i cant help you with sams new exe patch either.

so far i am enjoying your new beta patch im my south african odi series thread west indes are 122/1 after 21 overs excellent. cheers
by jazz

Thank u jazz for u'r rev!, no probs!

Boss

CGPv3 Update!...Reply: 04.04.2005, 8.55 p.m. IST

so i should install them... and what if i dont want them after should i just back up my gob before i put them?
by indiancricketer

Hi Mate!, YES!, u should backup u'r *.gob before any installation.(Not only for my patches, for others is well!). When some thing went wrong then the back up surely save you in the crisis!. For my cgpv3 beta i didn't incl any un-installers. But i'll incl all the un-inst with CGPv3!. Hope this will help!

CGPv3 UPDATE:

Hi all!,

CGPv3 RELEASE DATE : 09th APRIL'2005 (SATURDAY)

INCLUSIONS:

1. CGP regular patches for all game modes, types.

2. All New FULL IRCU VERSION (INCL: ALL TEST PLAYING COUNTRIES:10 teams, IND,AUS,PAK,SL,ENG,SAF,NZ,WIN,ZIM,BAN)

3. New Cam Settings for both regular and replay cams!.

4. New Realistic Field Placements.

5. Challenging Mode (really hard to play!) incl.

5. Each and every Stroke's power,direction,height,key frames(timing) tweaked accordingly!

6. Now all the FAST bowlers(both CPU and Us!) can get the extra pace along with the Swing. Fast Spin technology for spinners is well. Some balls really hurry you. Get ready to face it.(You don't need Sam's EXE for this!, it works indep!).

and Lot More will be in CGPv3!

Note: Sam's New EXE v1.2 Patch Works for me now after the RE-installation of DIRECTX along with NVIDIA Default drivers in win'98 partition, also i installed the game again. NOW it works really well. But when ever i changing any graphics parameters (nvidia-3d pms), when the game starts, it crashes in to "ERROR:Failed to initialise", any idea?, any how after i restore the default params this patch works again!. As i am doing all of my CGP related works in win'2k ,c2k4, am not dare to mess with it. So after the release of CGPv3 only, i may test around a bit to release a Sam's new exe beta v1.2. compatible patch!, hope u all will get it...

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
hey boss ur patch is great check my story thread for west indes batting rev

superb :cheers

You are doing great Jazz!, Thank u for u'r app!, looking into u'r thread right now...,

Boss

It is really cool to hear about your new coming patch Boss.It is promising.Let me know that when we are bowling ,will the pace or swing(especially)be random or we can control it and also we can also give surprise by bowling extra fast delivery with sheer pace like Afridi.Looking forward to your patch.Keep it up.Kindly if have bit extra time,then work on first person camera to make possible to see the cursor a bit otherwise it is so hard.Keep your work up....

Reply: 5.4.2005, 9.05 p.m. IST

good tough patch but could be slightly easier in batting and a bit harder in bowling
by nik

Hi Nik!, you know in cgpv3 i'll incl "Challenging Mode" seperately where the batting is like hell and bowling is like breeze. But in normal patches u can see the even competition btw bat and ball.

It is really cool to hear about your new coming patch Boss.It is promising.Let me know that when we are bowling ,will the pace or swing(especially)be random or we can control it and also we can also give surprise by bowling extra fast delivery with sheer pace like Afridi.Looking forward to your patch.Keep it up.Kindly if have bit extra time,then work on first person camera to make possible to see the cursor a bit otherwise it is so hard.Keep your work up....
by Hero

Hi Hero!, thank u for u'r exp!. Ya!, its more or like real life!, say for example, when spinner bowls, if u slow down the pace(when the yellow bar increases-stop it earlier), with either way of spin(off/leg-by positioning the ball cursor), u can get regular flighted delivery where as if u bowl at say 3/4 or full speed and if u try to bowl straighter(i.e. don't change the position of the ball cursor), u can see the ball ripping thro'. (like how afridi/kumble bowls), and in btw u can also get quick spin from dusty wicket, really un playable at times!, but still enjoyable.(Note: It is applicable for fast bowlers as well, just replace the term spin with swing/seam!- Its all possible even with out Sam's new exe.That's the hi-light i can tell u!) Just 3-4 days to go for CGPv3...Hope u'll all enjoy it!, need all of u'r support till then!

(Btw: Ya hero!, after the release of cgpv3 i'll look into FPC and will work on it later. Thanks for u'r intr!)

Ya me too waiting for the next patch boss, soon release them buddy, and How r doing buddy? How is life going?
by The Champ

Just 3-4 days to go buddy for cgpv3!, thanks for u'r intr in it mate!, just need all of u'r support!, am doing fine and life is smoothing like Skoda-Octavia on fast track and wish the same from u'r side...

Cheers

Boss

Users who are viewing this thread