Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the ball sometimes goes right through the bat.I got the cpu bowled twice this way. Batting is very interesting on normal but bowling is too easy. Pathan took 6 wickets in 12 balls and the other 6 balls were all either edges which went past the slips or the batsmen missed the ball completely!! Twice they were bowled right through their bats(like the bug with sams patch)
Cpu batting needs to be tweaked....

Nice work boss.I will check it soon and then deliver the details regarding to this.

Reply: 31.3.2005 8.55 p.m. IST

well i am also starting this new beta version from third test
by faraz haider

Thank u faraz!, looking forward to see u'r thread!, Btw Hard Mode is very hard as fellow members pointed out!, u may try the normal mode for now!.

hey boss i will also use your patch for my story thread next match in the south african odi series between south africa and the west indes so i can also giv u a rev soon
by jazz

Hi Jazz!, Nice story thread buiding up!, good work mate!, and thanks for choosing my patch!, expecting u'r rev eagerly!, and i suggest u to use normal mode in this beta, as Hard Mode is really targetted for the Hardcore gamer!.

1.Have you edited it so that after some confidence, he is able to use this shot to good effect??

2.Timing is really really hard for me. And you have done a great job at that!!! As usual dismissal modes vary. Ganguly and Pathan were out when the ball sneaked through their defences and rattled the stumps. So, the possibility of the ball missing exists! Playing a normal shot looks really good but mostly finds the fielders which i think is good too becoz it makes it more harder to score now.

3.Looks like I might have to switch to Normal mode for my story thread as Hard mode for me at least, seems to take off the realism.

4.Way too many edges for the CPU batsman. And the majority of the edges were running towards the boundary at great speed. Should tweak this aspect. In this game so far, only edge was pouched by the keeper. rest all, went away for runs. Since this is a Normal pitch, the amount of edges is perplexing and needs serious tweak! And for the tail enders, whenever they play a straight drive, they edge. And the edges dont carry to the fielders. Though they do not go to the boundary, some of the edges should carry to the fielders.

5.Are you working on making the game more realistic on Hard Mode or on Normal mode? Looks like Hard mode might not be for realistic matches and it seems to be for hardcore gamers which I am not one! I was 19 all out off 9 overs. And the CPU scored 23/1 after 2.1 overs

6.I challenge all these masters of Cricket2004 to try this patch on Hard mode and try to blast 1000 runs in an ODI. No one can may be!!!Again, an great challenging patch for Cricket2004.
by Saisrini80

Hi sai!, Man!, what a good rev!, almost covering all the aspect!, thanks for that!. Let me explain u'r ques!.

1. Not only advance down shots, also the regular shots tweaked, so that after the batsman sets in the crease, say his confidence meter 3/4th full, then he may find it easier to time the shots!, early on its too much tough!, now am realising, need to easy a bit!.

2. Yes!, the mode of dismisssals are now very much like real life!, u can get the batsman out one way or other!. In hard mode i make pretty hard to score runs!, but i think now its too much burden for all!, am also unable to move the ball out of the square! :crying, try to correct it in v3!.

3. Yapp!, Hard Mode may look unrelaistically hard!, initially i though its not gonna be too tough for the star players here!, any how too much importance given to ball!, in v3 i make the bat will talk as well! Yes!, am also suggesting normal mode of this beta for the story makers!

4. I made edges more random now!, as u say i may have to reduce the power a bit, so that slip cordon can grab a chance or two!, btw tail enders have a tough time out there coz even batsman struggling for runs!, and am also looking for the tweak in the edge values of str.drive!

5. Though am initially working on Hard Mode more realistic, as i found few new thinks to make the game even challenging, i went for a HardCore Hard Mode and a Regular Normal Mode!, but in v3 challenging mode should be sepertely provided, in reg patch hard mode will be more or less realistic in v3!

6. I also hope this is the real challenge for the Gurus of c2004!, looking forward to see some body breaking in it and smash the record!

Again say Great rev sai!, looking forward to see more rev like this!

Ok, played Australia vs India
i'm australia. Bowled India out for 2runs after 4overs. All the wickets were edges to gilly or firstslip, and i also bowled 2people out as well. Pretty much every shot the cpu plays if you bowl a line outside offstump, is edged.
by Groobz

Hi mate!, i hope you played it on Hard Mode!, as it was the test for challenging game play, a prob or two might be there!, i suggest the Normal mode of this beta for all who's willing to play reg mathces or story makers!, Try the Hard Mode only u'r confident enough!, u know i didn't give any lenience for CPU is well!, so that this kinda result occur!, but in v3 will play as usual!.

Review:
======

Here is the review after playing couple of ODIs between India and Australia at hard level:
1. Fast Bowlers can now bowl much quicker and get decent swing.
2. The hard level is bowler friendly .. both for CPU and human player
3. Human batsman cannot play full pitched / full toss delivery .. They get clean bowled. CPU somehow manages it in most of the cases.
4. Far 2 many edges ... need to control them.
5. Far 2 many byes ... problem faced with other patches too.

Still to review:
===========
1. CPU pacing his innings... cannot make out in totals as low as in 20s(courtesy byes)
2. Bowling of spin bowlers (again did not get chance to play against the spinners as the fast bowlers do their part)
3. Normal mode.

Still lots of things needs to be worked on this patch.
by sunsamrat1980

Thank u samrat for u'r extensive rev!

1. Yes!, the Seam/Swing/Spin was tweaked!

2. As it was a challenging mode, may look like bowler friendly at times!, no tolerance giving away for both CPU and Us!

3. Working on to fix the yorker/full length pacing prob!

4. Edges will be reduced in v3!

5. You may try wicket keeper timer exe by sam!, may reduce the byes!, still donno how to reduce the byes!, some one might!

Yes!, still working hard u know to make one good patch!, Looking forward to see u'r other rev is well mate!.

I mean I really cant get this,The patch works different in some comptuers and different in some others,I mean I get good results using your patch but some people gets bad results,
by fardin

Good to see u'r presence mate!. At times the patch depends on the system. I can't understand that!, and don't find the answer yet!, may be following the installation instructions correctly will do the trick!, as i said once too much complicated file system provided by poor EA!, BLIC welcome!.

the ball sometimes goes right through the bat.I got the cpu bowled twice this way. Batting is very interesting on normal but bowling is too easy. Pathan took 6 wickets in 12 balls and the other 6 balls were all either edges which went past the slips or the batsmen missed the ball completely!! Twice they were bowled right through their bats(like the bug with sams patch)
Cpu batting needs to be tweaked....
by ashwinkm

Hi ashwin!, as i am working on to tweaking the pace and spin/swing/seam of the bowlers, the prob (ball goes thro the bat!) might occur as it was the case with sams exe is well!, any how will find the remedy for this and will fix it in v3!. Yes!, i'll reduce the edges is well as few members pointed out!,

Nice work boss.I will check it soon and then deliver the details regarding to this.
by Hero

Hi Hero!, thanks mate for u'r app!, eagerly expecting u'r rev on this!.

Edges r too many buddy, but the camera view is fine and i hope the full version fixes this
by The Champ

Hi buddy!, thanks ya for u'r reply!, As u pointed out i think the edge value should be reduced in v3!, you are the first one to comm on camera angles!, am also expecting more comm on cam angles!

Here are the Few Thinks I need to fix/work on V3!, Thank u all!

1. Very Very Hard Batting- Hard Mode!, rather Challenging Mode!

2. Too much bowler friendly!

3. Too Much Edges!

4. Ball goes thro the bat!

5. More varied timing of the shots!,

As i get more rev/fb/comm, i can sure, will provide you a Very Good CGPv3!

Friends!, i need more comm on Beta-Normal Mode, Camera Angles, and IRCU!

Cheers!!!

-----
Boss
-----

Last edited:
Only thing i can say is too many edges but hey thats ok cause i couldn't buy one before now. I think within the first 10 overs there should be quite a few edges and the edges fly to the boundary but i'll know you get it sorted.

Well done.

hey boss any backup for the sam exe fix which u had posted???

Reply: 1.4.2005, 10 p.m. IST

Only thing i can say is too many edges but hey thats ok cause i couldn't buy one before now. I think within the first 10 overs there should be quite a few edges and the edges fly to the boundary but i'll know you get it sorted.

Well done.
by Straw

Thank you Straw for u'r comm and app!, Yes!, the edges depends on player confidence. early on tends to get more edges and the timing of the shots not easy, but once they set, there will be no probs after that!. Btw i am working on to fix the prob of edges flying to the fence.

hey boss any backup for the sam exe fix which u had posted???
by Rahul

I have backed it Rahul I will posted it in case boss buddy would have misplaced them.

here it is Rahul.

bye
by The Champ

Yeah!, here we go!, Champ buddy backs it up for me and helps me in crisis!, thank u champ!, btw to Rahul mate: i'll update the sam's exe bug fix along with cgpv3!, Thank u!

Friends!, need more comm/rev/fb abt cgpv3 beta!

Cheers

Boss

Last edited:
Very nice patch.I found advance shot bit though on normal mode so if it suits you can slightly decrease it,s difficulty.camera angle is really impressive.Pace bowlers are now bowling with better speed and that is really cool.

Boss, In test match I think the CPU is too defensive. I played WI vs ZEA in hard mode using sams new exe and here are some of the scores. I was WI. ZEA after 46 overs were 78 for 7, thanks to byes. Most were out LBW leaving the ball or bowled trying to defend a full or yorker delivery.

Richardson 79 balls, LBW - 0
Vincent 43 balls, LBW - 13
Flemming 69 balls, Bowled - 15
Astle 11 balls, LBW - 0
McMillan 17 balls, stumped - 0 (first time a batsman can down the pitch)
Styris 22 balls, bowled - 0
Cairns 16 balls, bowled - 1
Extras = 48 most of them byes (WKp did not collect)

Hope this can be fixed

Boss, I have been playing on normal mode, and its too easy to get the CPU out LBW as the cpu is not agressive enough, it leaves almost everything that's not aimed directly at the stumps, I can bowl out teams for around 20 or less runs almost all will be LBW with maybe 2 bowled.

Reply: 2.4.05, 9.40 p.m. IST

Very nice patch.I found advance shot bit though on normal mode so if it suits you can slightly decrease it,s difficulty.camera angle is really impressive.Pace bowlers are now bowling with better speed and that is really cool.
by The Hero

Hi Hero!, nice to hear from u!, thanks for u'r app and comm!, i'll try to easy a bit the advance down the shots!. Yes!, in cgpv3 u will find even swing/seam bowlers will get the good speed of the delivery and surprise u!. (with out sam's exe beta patch is the hi-light!), so looking forward to pace the likes of Afridi/Kumble...

Boss, In test match I think the CPU is too defensive. I played WI vs ZEA in hard mode using sams new exe and here are some of the scores. I was WI. ZEA after 46 overs were 78 for 7, thanks to byes. Most were out LBW leaving the ball or bowled trying to defend a full or yorker delivery.

Richardson 79 balls, LBW - 0
Vincent 43 balls, LBW - 13
Flemming 69 balls, Bowled - 15
Astle 11 balls, LBW - 0
McMillan 17 balls, stumped - 0 (first time a batsman can down the pitch)
Styris 22 balls, bowled - 0
Cairns 16 balls, bowled - 1
Extras = 48 most of them byes (WKp did not collect)

Hope this can be fixed
by Ashnal

Thank u ashnal for u'r rev!. You may try with out sam's exe beta.(even without sam's beta exe, u can find the pace/swing!),It will provide u the better score i hope, still i'll try fix on that!, try the wk_timer.exe by sam for keeper positioning so that to reduce the byes!.

Boss, I have been playing on normal mode, and its too easy to get the CPU out LBW as the cpu is not agressive enough, it leaves almost everything that's not aimed directly at the stumps, I can bowl out teams for around 20 or less runs almost all will be LBW with maybe 2 bowled.
by Kevmead

Thanks mate for u'r comm!, I don't think CPU leaves alomst every thing. Once they set, they can go for their shots. Btw the LBW/bowled will be more with sam's beta exe i think. Check on that!. Any how looking into it to fix the test pacing in cgpv3.

But buddy i agree with all these members i think in ur patch the pacing is really not good, i still like the odi patche by u mate, please fix this
by The Champ

Hi Champ!, Thanks for u'r sugg!. I'll do my best to provide better paced AI in test matches in cgpv3. Let us see!,

Friends!, just bear in mind that cgpv3-beta was not compatible with sam's beta exe. so try it out with regular exe!.(either regular c2004.exe or c2004runout.exe or c2004patch1.1.exe by sam!)

Well!,with the arrival of Sam's New EXE patch, My work cut out!,(though his beta exe is a bit buggy!, never the less he returns with a bang!). Lets test it out and try to create cgpv3 according to that!, Great Work SAM!!!

Cheers!!!

Boss

Last edited:
Boss you are the first patch maker who was able to include more swing and pace in his patch without Sam exe.I think you have got those values which determines both these.There are some minor errors with your beta patch and hope you will fix it soon.Why not you try to creat a seprate patch for test match .May be it will ease your work.

You are right that Sam beta exe has some bugs and swing is less but other things are fantastic.I hope I will get more swing and speed in your CGPP 3.Please provide challenging mode seprate and normal mode should be not so hard but competitive one.

Users who are viewing this thread