Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good explanation boss.It is nice that your Sam beta exe is working now.

Great guy,IS boss,Because of guys like boss I am honored to be part of this planetcricket team.

By the way boss you are also releasing demo exe patch as you were working on it or after the release of beta patch you have quit that considering unimportatnt?The highlighting feature of that demo exe was extra-ordinary swing.Would we get some same kind of swing in your next coming patch in green wicket while batting or it will be less?

For your release on saturday Boss looking foward top it. Have always enjoyed your patches. New regular camera angle is terrific as you can now see where the ball is going to pitch easier.

One thing though playing in normal mode in test matches there are too many edges for offside shots. This even when the batsmen have played themselves in after a long time. Most of my runs come from legside shots. Nearly ever straight drive or cover drive results in an edge (not always a catch) this after the batsmen have been batting for a long time and their confidence meter is 3 quarter filled.

Hope some of these edges will be toned down in the final version. :cheers

Reply: 7.4.2005 , 9 p.m. IST

Good explanation boss.It is nice that your Sam beta exe is working now.
by HERO

Thanks for that mate!, Any how as am concentrating with regular patches, i'll release sam's related exe later.

Ya mate Boss always helps our members, great guy boss
by The Champ

Definataly a great guy definately
by Indiancricketer

Great guy,IS boss,Because of guys like boss I am honored to be part of this planetcricket team.
by Fardin

Thank u very much to all of u who give u'r support and patience to me!, With out all of you i didn't make this far!, and it is my pleasure to work for u guys!, Long Live Planet Cricket Team!.

By the way boss you are also releasing demo exe patch as you were working on it or after the release of beta patch you have quit that considering unimportatnt?The highlighting feature of that demo exe was extra-ordinary swing.Would we get some same kind of swing in your next coming patch in green wicket while batting or it will be less?
by Hero

As u pointed out, this is the stand out factor from other patches. There will be more swing/seam/spin/speed and these all depends on the pitch types. For example in green tops u may get great swing, in dust bowls, the spinners get tremendous turn!. All these will be in cgpv3!, just enjoy it..., only 2 days to go!

For your release on saturday Boss looking foward top it. Have always enjoyed your patches. New regular camera angle is terrific as you can now see where the ball is going to pitch easier.

One thing though playing in normal mode in test matches there are too many edges for offside shots. This even when the batsmen have played themselves in after a long time. Most of my runs come from legside shots. Nearly ever straight drive or cover drive results in an edge (not always a catch) this after the batsmen have been batting for a long time and their confidence meter is 3 quarter filled.

Hope some of these edges will be toned down in the final version.
by West Indies 32

Thank u mate for u'r intr and comm!. Ya!, i'll tune the off side edges a bit, so that after a batsman will set, he get less edge and more timing on the shots!.

CGPv3 -an Update:

1. IRCU-(All Teams) is completed!.

2. New camera angles done!

3. now just tuning the strokes and A.I a bit!

So the feast will be on 9.4.2005!, get ready for that guys!, hope u will enjoy u'r game!.(I'll not available tomorrow online!, so will see all of u on Saturday with CGPv3!!!)

Cheers!!!

Boss

Last edited:
I am just working on it mate and hope so!, thank u for u'r app!.

Boss

i played ur beta couple of things i wanted to point out that i can neva ever hit a boundary... except it there is an edge or i get lucky.... the rest look pretty decent so far...keep up the good work !!!

It is good to hear all this Boss.I hope this patch will really add lot of fun to game.

CGPv3 Released!, Just Grab Now...9.4.2005, Saturday, 9.00 p.m. IST

Hi Friends!, As ever, On time, Here we go!, CGPv3 Released!, So just grab your copy and enjoy the game...

Download CGPv3 Now!!! (Size: 208 kb only) (Use "Save Target As" Method instead of directly clicking it!)
or

DOWNLOAD CGPv3 FROM THE ATTACHMENT Now!(Scroll Down All The Way!)

All the Details about the Patches Can be Found by clicking Here :

Boss CGPs Details

(Note: Updated on the Main/1st page is well!)

Game Modes:

As it was in previous patches, this patch supports All game modes (Easy- for beginners, Normal- for amateurs, and Hard- for pro's. There is also "Challenge Mode" included. Very Tough to play!,any how hard core gamer might enjoy it!. (Challenge Mode Supports in HARD MODE ONLY!, but all game types!).

Inclusions:

1. Ofcourse CGPv3 configs!

2. Realistic FieldSettingsV3!

3. FIxed AdvanceCoverDriveV3!

4. TV Style Cam angles!

5. Much awaited IRCU-Full Version!

6. All New "Challenging Mode"/"Nightmare Mode" ;)

7. Complete Un-installers for CGPv3! :crying

For all the details on how to install these patches, just follow the instructions in "ReadMeNow.txt/ReadMeNow.htm" documents or else follow the link: CGPs Details

CGPv3 Hi-lights:

1. Pace for the seam/swing/spin bowlers were increased!. Now the bowlers can bowl quicker than before and also a variation of pace is also tuned.(Main point is that, with out Sam's exe also!).

2. Swing/Seam/Spin tweaked and it is varied more.

3. Swing and FastSpin introduced for the first time - with out Sam's exe is well.

3. Pace/Swing/Seam/Spin depends on pitch type as well as bowlers. Now the quality bowlers will get more or varied pace/seam/swing/spin from the pitch where as lesser quality bowlers will struggle to find any help from the pitch.

4. Edge values redefined. The Edges are even for every bowler now!, so don't carried away when u bowl with a spinner!, keeping up a slip is always handy!.

5. Pacing Improved in both Tests/ODIs for CPU.

6. Each and every stroke's Key frame Timing values redefined.(Particularly in Challenging Mode!).

7. The Shot's power is tweaked in an enhanced way that make sure the same shot will not produce same results.

8. The Shot's co-ordinates(Direction and Height) are edited according to real life cricket!!!.

7. Dance down Strokes been reduced and tweaked!.

8. The AI is improved even better.(in terms of shot selection, pacing the innings, field placements etc).

9. The shot selection and timing for both CPU and us is common now!, u can't always connect the ball 100%, it may be several time beaten or even taking wickets with that if the shot selection went wrong!.You need to spend more time in tests to avoid the edges and to get correct timing of the shot, and in ODIs is well u have to spend more time for a six-hit, otherwise the shot mostly ended in a catch.

10. More variation presented in Mode of dismissals. Batsmen can be found wanting to get out one way/another. Particularly while they are new at the crease. Now u can get CPU wicket by "Bowled and LBW" is well, i'm making them(for the matter of truth "for us is well") vulnerable when the ball pitched at the corridor of uncertainity regularly!.

11. I don't give any special bias to the CPU!!!, it'll be like 50-50 to us!!!, what ever happen to us is same applied to them is well!!!.

12. Be remind, Better oppositions do play well than you at times!.

13. Bowling Cursor is varied by the Game modes. It is hard to bowl in Hard mode on the same spot again and again. For lesser quality bowlers, there is a large cursor indeed!.

14. Pitch and Ground Characteristics are modified. Ball bumpyness is depends on the pitch type now!. Out field conditions changed (Dusty pitch, the ball raise through the fence, where as in damp pitch u need to time it perfect to find the fence.). Bounce is also modified.( You can expect the ball ripping through the keepers glouse in hard pitch with lot of bounce, where as in damp pitch, the bounce will be half stump high..;-{,).

15. New field settings for both Tests/ODIs. Now the CPU and You can also set the fields accordingly.

16. New TV BROADCAST like Regular Camera Settings along with Replay Camera Settings been Introduced and been presented in GI format. (Bug fixed from prevoius release)

17. IRCUv3(Full Version) included. All the test playing Teams Player's char are modified!.This is a innovative think am working on that will give you a realistic game play experience!. The default player characteristics are not up to the mark in game. So that am decided to tweak it to more realistic and works well now.All the player's consistency, temp, flexibility, aggression, defence, batting, bowling and fielding parameters are changed!. Test Line-ups also changed with the option of 5 bowlers only(where ever needed!),i hate 6th bowler!, coz they tend to bowl more overs than the main ones!.). In feature i also update the stats as well.

18. Challenging Mode Included - Not for the Faint hearted, only for the HardCoreGamer!.

Few Tips:

1. To get more swing/seam/spin hold the line of the ball till you reach the crease, when you about to deliver the ball just relese it accordingly!(i.e. to get in-swing/seam, off spin, move the cursor towards the right side, and to get out-swing/seam, leg spin, move the cursor towards the left side.

2. While you are looking for swing/seam/spin, u may get less speed on deliveries. So if you like to get more pace/fast spin, just hold the line of the delivery and don't change it, when the power bar is full up just rip the ball in.

3. To safely play out the yorkers follow these tips. When the ball yorked at middle or leg stump, play the on-side normal shot from standing on leg stump. When the ball is yorked at off stump, attempt a forward defence and pray to the god. When the ball is pithced up out side off-stump, just move away a bit from the leg stump and cover drive. Thats it!.

4. The Camera Patch may not work correctly with colin(barmyarmy's) LBW patch installed. So if u like to use the camera patch, just uninstall the LBW patch by using the un-installer, then install the Camerapatch.

5. It is a good habit that before installing any configs patches just install the original configs.

6. The story thread makers suggested to play with regular CGPv3 (in either HARD or NORMAL Mode, depends on u'r plaing level!). You may opt for the Chanllenging Mode only you are so confident in regular CGPv3 Hard Mode.

7. It is advised not to play the advance down the shots too much. It is made high risk shot, so that the CPU will avoid it.

Now what?:

After playing a bit with CGPv3, please remind to put your comments/reviews/feedback/pros/cons or what ever your thoughts on the patch here. Lets enjoy the game.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

If u like to e-mail me : [email protected]

Check My Website for all the CGP Related Details: http://eac2004.sphosting.com

Happy Gaming Cricket'2004!!!,

DOWNLOAD CGPv3 FROM THE ATTACHMENT Now!

Cheers!!! :happy :happy :cheers :cheers :hpraise

------------------
Boss
------------------

Attachments

• cgpv3.zip
    207.6 KB · Views: 89