Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E=MC said:
i got them out in 33 overs, gilly and hayden were playing defensive and carefully, but gilly was going for the big shots which was good, also i kept a good line and length and with Arshad Khan i got an stumping and 2LBW's and one bowled.

the CPU pacing is really good, they were loosing wikets at different intervals, and they still played carefully fo example ponting was looking for the singles and michael clark was going for aerial shots, which did pay off, but the amount runs Pakistan hit, there was no way they were going to get there..

after playing for about 30 overs, the run rate climbed.. and it was hogg and mcgrath in, shoaib bowled a yorker to hogg and to my suprise it was smashed for a six :eek .. then arshad khan came on and it was the 33rd over, and bowled to mcgrath, he tried to swing and came out his crease and was stumped.

So overall this patch is amazing.. i recommend it to everyone.. oh btw, i don't why my Shahid Afridi when playing with this patch always hits big scores.. i mean he hit 100 in 69 balls and i was playing a match against Sri Lanka and he blasted 50 in 19 balls. :)

thats my review with Boss's CGP5.. i will give it 9/10

oh and i didnt get no run outs!!

oh good.. then it should work much much better for me because i rarely slog and i am not too good at bowling.. i am surely gonna try out this patch!!

Hey boss, I just tried your patch, its' good man, but I'm still getting too many four byes from CPU. I was playing with SA and England and I was SA. I scored 304/8 in 50 overs. In first 15 overs I scored over 130 runs, but suddenly wickets fell then I slow down other wise I would score around 350-360. And the CPU team is too aggressive like, 20-25 runs per over. They chased that target of 304 in 30 overs. :crying Everything else is good.

Last edited:
Boss, I do not use your configs for obvious reasons but I do look forward for your camera patches in every patch and this time around it has some splendid camera angles for replays. Terrific work on the cameras mate, thanks for that.

Will there be any difference if I use the testmatch roster.pak in a odi match than using the odi roster.pak? :mad
I am sorry if I have posted this in wrong forum. :(

Fnally downloaded it :)
sachin_123 said:
Will there be any difference if I use the testmatch roster.pak in a odi match than using the odi roster.pak? :mad
I am sorry if I have posted this in wrong forum. :(
Nope, this time you posted it in the right place ;)

hi boss!!
played a one dayer against england as india. normal mode.
normal pitch, sunny conditions.
really impressed by the sheer aggresiveness of the cpu.
not all batsmen are aggressive. for example, trescothick got 103 in 99 balls.
england scored 232 in 38.4 overs.
india began their chase steadily going at 7 runs per over for 4 overs now.
yet to complete the match.
will post complete match review as soon as i finish.
great bowler variation actions you have made pal.
a greta patch i feel, as it is bowler and batsman friendly, cpu loses wickets at regular intervals, and thanks for fixing the LBW problem against spinners.
its hard to get lbw's now.
thanks a lot for a great patch boss!!

ya they r thats what was missing in buddys patch earlier and now ya i am really liking it after a long time i played the game today and boy the run up of bowlers were changed and its really nice buddy i am enjoying it thanks for the gr8 patch

Thank u All for CGPv5 FF app!. CGPv5 FF Document Released!, Download Now!!!

Hi Friends!,

Thank u very much all of you for u'r kind support over the CGPv5 FF!.

As i promised yesterday, here is the link for the CGPv5 FF Read Me Document!, so grab u'r document and lot in there to help u.

Download CGPv5 FF Document Now!!! (Size: 9 KB Only!) (Instead Of Directly Clicking the link, kindly use "Save Target as" Method to avoid some prob as the host didn't allow the hot linking and then scan with any good virus scanner before use it!).

Here in I-way net cafe, i couldn't attach the file in the thread as there is a administrative restriction to attach. If i've time i will attach the file in the thread. O.W. i'll do the same tomorrow!. Till then download from the link given. Thanks. (Any how i'll post few details here!).

CGPv5 FF Installation and Un-installation Methods:

There are several steps to install/un-install the CGPv5 FF patches. If you follow the procedure correctly, then the it will play like a charm.

Before Installing any patches, just backup your cricket_pc.gob found under the :\cricket 2004\Data directory as well as roster.pak found under the :\My documents\EA sports\Cricket 2004\user-xxx (where xxx -user name) directory. It will help you in the crisis.

Installation:

It is a good habit that before installing any configs patches just install the original configs.

1. For Playing ODIs:

a. Rename the "CGPv5ODIroster.pak" (from :\cgpv5full\ODI\IRCUv5ODIMatchRoster\), as "roster.pak" and copy it in :\My documents\EA sports\Cricket 2004\user-xxx (where xxx -user name) directory. As it ask to overwrite the existing "roster.pak", do so!.

b. Import the "CGPv5ODIMatchConfigs.cfg" (from :\cgpv5full\ODI\) by using "Config Editor Version:3(or)2 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option to play 50 over/45 over ODIs/FCODs.

c. Import the "20OveMatchConfigsCGPv5.cfg" (from :\cgpv5full\ODI\) by using "Config Editor Version:3(or)2 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option to play 10 over/20 over ODIs/FCODs.

d. Install the "cgpv5ODIMatchAdvCoverDriveFix.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option. (This step is common for 10/20/45/50 Overs ODIs/FCODs).

e. After you begin a tourney(ODIs) just save it on any available slot!, then by using "prakash-line up editor latest version", import your teams with "Roster-import" option. Say for example if you are playing "AUS v IND v PAK" Tri series game, just import "odiAustralia", "odiIndia.lst" and "odiPakistan.lst" (from :\cgpv5full\ODI\IRCUv5ODIMatchRoster\) using "line up editor-import roster" option.(Make sure you select the corresponding teams before importing the roster list,otherwise the game may crash!, for example before importing "odiIndia.lst", you have to select "Team" "India"). Thats it!, Now you can enjoy your game with out any hassle.

f. If you don't import the roster list after beginning a tourney it won't work!. It will only
select a player from in-game(default) line-up. So that the characteristics tweak won't work!. But
for the exhibition matches you won't have to import the roster list. It will automatically plays
with the edited line-up where as for other ODI tourney formats follow the above step.

2. For Playing Test Matches:

a. Rename the CGPv5Testroster.pak (from :\cgpv5full\ODI\IRCUv5TestMatchRoster\), as roster.pak and copy it in :\My documents\EA sports\Cricket 2004\user-xxx (where xxx -user name) directory. As it ask to overwrite the existing roster.pak, do so!.

b. Import the CGPv5TestMatchConfigs.cfg (from :\cgpv5full\Test\) by using "Config Editor Version:3(or)2 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option to play Test Matches/FCMs.

c. Install the "cgpv5TestMatchAdvCoverDriveFix.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

d. After you begin a tourney(Test Series) just save it on any available slot!, then by using "prakash-line up editor latest version", import your teams with "Roster-import" option. Say for example if you are playing "AUS v IND" Test series game, just import "testAustralia", "testIndia.lst" (from :\cgpv5full\ODI\IRCUv5TestMatchRoster\) using "line up editor-import roster" option.(Make sure you select the corresponding teams before importing the roster list, otherwise the game may crash!, for example before importing "testIndia.lst", you have to select "Team" " India"). Thats it!, Now you can enjoy your game with out any hassle.

e. If you don't import the roster list after beginning a tourney it won't work!. It will only
select a player from in-game(default) line-up. So that the characteristics tweak won't work!. But
for the exhibition matches you won't have to import the roster list. It will automatically plays
with the edited line-up where as for International tour matches/County/Season matches u have to swith back to Test roster.pak along with test lists/ ODI roser.pak along with ODI lists accordingly.

Common Steps for both ODIs/Tests:

a. Install the "CGPv5FieldSettings.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using
"import zip" option. (For both ODIs/Tests).

b. Install the "CGPv5ByesFreeFieldPatch.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option. (For Test Matches Only - This Patch will place one fielder at the fence, like 2nd wicket keeper to reduce byes when Fast/Fast Medium/Swing bowler came into bowling. But the probelm is you lose one potential fielder out there. Be remembering it. We can't have 12 men in the field).

To Install Bowler Action Mod Patch:

Install the "cgpv5BowlerActionModPatch.zip" (from :\cgpv5full\) using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

To Install Complete Camera Angles Mod Patch:

Install the "cgpv5CompleteCameraModPatch.zip" (from :\cgpv5full\) using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

Un-Installation:

1. To un-install ODIs/TEST Matches AI (CGPv5ODIMatchConfigs.cfg, 20OveMatchConfigsCGPv5.cfg, CGPv5TestMatchConfigs.cfg):

a. Import the "OriginalAIConfigs.cfg" (:\cgpv5full\Uninstallers) by using "Config Editor
Version:2(or)3 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option.

b. Install the "OriginalFieldSets.zip" (:\cgpv5full\Uninstallers) using "Graphics importer
version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

c. Install the "AdvanceCoverDriveEA.zip" (:\cgpv5full\Uninstallers) using "Graphics importer
Version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

2. To Un-install the "roster.pak":

Just copy your backup "roster.pak" into :\My documents\EA sports\Cricket 2004\user-xxx (where xxx -user name)

3. To Un-install the "Bowler Action Mod patch":

Install the "BowlerActionModPatchUnInstaller.zip" using "Graphics importer Version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

4. To Un-install the "Complete Camera Angle Mod Patch":

Install the "CameraModPatchUnInstaller.zip" using "Graphics importer Version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

Thats it!, Now all of u might know how to Install or Un-install the CGPv5 FF Patches.

CGPv5 FF Hi-lights:

1. The player Stats and Char also came into play for all game types due to IRCUv5.

2. The test matches AI is tremendously improved over previous CGPs to give you the Modern day test cricket trend by scoring around 3-5 R.R.

3. ODI pacing is the best avail with CGPv5. The CPU generally post good totals as well as chases the total well. You have to bowl well to stop them.

4. Seperate configs provided for 20/10, 50/45 overs ODI matches and Test Matches to provide you the different complexity of the game types.

5. Very well balanced Auto play in Test Matches. Big totals (500+) with good R.R are now possible with auto play (particularly in Hard Pitches, once the start is good!). But not so sure about the ODIs. Any how i recommend to play the game full(may partially auto-play) because it tends to spoil the game at times.

6. Tactical Batting/Bowling by CPU. Generally AI is improved than ever before.

7. Amount of Edges depends on pitch types. Now u can get the edges when the player new at the crease. Statistically u can get 5% of edges upto the batsman confidence about half full(from confi meter). Edges are possible mostly out-side off stump. The edges are going to the catchable distance for slip cordon/gully/cover. At times edges fell down to them or even fly over their heads for runs. As the edges power/co-ordinates redefined, it is very realistic.The Edges are even for every bowler now!.

8. With Bowler Mod Action Patch, the bowler's Starting Run-up, Approaching Crease, Delivery Style (Ball release) are modified.

9. Pace for the seam/swing/spin bowlers were increased particularly in Test Matches Hard Mode!. Now the bowlers can bowl quicker than before and also a variation of pace is employed.

10. Swing/Seam/Spin tweaked and it is varied more.

11. FastSpin introduced with CGPv3. Now it is tuned. Flight spinners will get more purchase where as the flat bowlers will get quick turn.

12. Pace/Swing/Seam/Spin depends on pitch type as well as bowlers and Game Modes(Hard, Normal, and Easy). Now the quality bowlers will get more or varied pace/seam/swing/spin from the pitch where as lesser quality bowlers will struggle to find any help from the pitch. Seam/Swing will be more on Green pitches. Spin is a prime factor in Dusty pitches. Bounce/Pace will be good in Hard Pitches and viceversa in Damp pitches. Normal pitch is ideal for every one. What ever the help we can find in any pitches are all early in the innings.

13. Each and every stroke's key timing/power/direction/height/edge amount/frequency were tweaked according to real life cricket. So the same shot will not produce same result.

14. Dance down Strokes been tweaked and eased a bit!. Very less frequency provided for this shot for CPU.

15. In test matches, the CPU will play more attacking/6 hit shots after they reach 100. But hits a crucial blow in btw to pep you up.

16. Field Placements are revised and made according to the patch as well as real life standard.

17. The shot selection and timing for both CPU and us is common now!, u can't always connect the ball 100%, it may be several time beaten or even taking wickets with that if the shot selection went wrong!.You need to spend more time in tests to avoid the edges and to get correct timing of the shot, and in ODIs is well u have to spend more time for a six-hit, otherwise the shot mostly ended in a catch. In general there are more chance of the wicket if you like to play aggressively before set, if u are lucky u may get away with it and get early advantage. The same applies also for the CPU.

18. There is no special bias given to the CPU!!!, it'll be like 50-50 to us!!!, what ever happen to us is same applied to them is well!!!.

19. More variation presented in Mode of dismissals.

20. Bowling Cursor is varied by the Game modes and it also depends on bowler stats. It is hard to bowl in Hard mode on the same spot again and again. For lesser quality bowlers, there is a large cursor indeed!. But will be easy to bowl in Normal/Easy Mode.

21. Pitch and Ground Characteristics are modified. Ball bumpyness depends on the pitch type now!. Out field conditions changed (Dusty pitch, the ball raise through the fence, where as in damp pitch u need to time it perfect to find the fence.). Bounce is also modified.( You can expect the ball ripping through the keepers glouse in hard pitch with lot of bounce, where as in damp pitch, the bounce will be half stump high..;-{,). In CGPv5, the amount of byes may be reduced as i tweak the bowling action.

22. The CPU running is improved.(Ofcourse along with sam's no runout exe). They run for every possible single/two/even three at times. But if you set a really deep in field, there is more chance of Run-outs as they call for runs lately at times.

23. All New "Complete Camera Angles Mod Patch" for TV BROADCAST like Regular Camera Settings(incl: new First person Cam angle) along with Auto Replay (First Time in c2k4 History!, changed the auto replay Camera Settings (played when batsmen get out/hit 4 /6 /edges...), new panning type Rotating cam included that gives you the flavour of movie "Matrix", and as usual Manual Replay settings for good aesthetic feel in game.

24. You must have to play with IRCUv5(Full Version-seperate for Tests and ODIs). All the test playing Teams Player's char and stats are updateded!.This is a innovative think am working on that will give you a realistic game play experience!. The default player characteristics are not up to the mark in game. So that am decided to tweak it to more realistic and works well now. All the player's consistency, temper, flexibility, aggression, defence, (batting, bowling)- play style and fielding parameters are changed according to their stats!. All the above chars are different in Tests and ODIs. So select your roster and configs accordingly for appropriate results. (ref.to: Installation Methods).

Hope This Will Help you!. Friends!, i'll ans all u'r queries tomorrow!!!, Thanks to every one who gave rep.pts as well as replies. Expect more fb/rev/comm from u guys as u play along with CGPv5 FF!.

Download CGPv5 FF Document Now!!! (Size: 9 KB Only!) (Instead Of Directly Clicking the link, kindly use "Save Target as" Method to avoid some prob as the host didn't allow the hot linking and then scan with any good virus scanner before use it!).

Cheers :happy :cheers :hpraise

Boss

Last edited:
Thanks boss for the CGPv5 FF Document. I like your patch, but the only thing that I don't like is that all the batsman are playing like S. Afridi, 100s in 35-50 balls...too aggressive.

May be you might need to reduce the CPUReward value boss???

Users who are viewing this thread