Bowling Bug

plague

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I have Ashes 2009 for PC and I encountered a bowling bug that I want to know if anyone else have faced.

I was playing Aus vs Bang when I noticed while I bowl that if I bowled a swing ball straight with max speed (it happened with Lee and Johnson), when they run near the wicket, the bowler side wicket gets knocked down and you hear the click noise of the bails falling and the batsman doesn't play a shot or keeper doesn't catch the ball. If the ball is right to the wicket, I get a bowled wicket. It happened twice in the same game for both bowlers. Then the next ball, when I try to select bowling type, I have to select twice cause the game kinda refreshes itself after first selection.

I don't know if this bug has been fixed or not but it felt odd and funny to see that happen.

Also, I thought this game will be stronger in gameplay. I ended up scoring 430/3 in 35 overs and I got bored. Why is it that any shot I play end up in boundary? Why not have it so that I have to run for singles and boundaries are hard to get?

I am playing it in PC. I don't know which version. I have not done any patch and it is the DVD version.

I certainly haven't experienced it since using the patches. Used to get it a lot before them though.

I haven't installed any patches yet. Have a final version of the patch been released yet or are they still in experimental level?

Is it safe to install that? Would that mess my game since it is not final version?

Has the difficulty of scoring boundaries and sixes increased by this patch? I got bored of getting boundaries of every shot I played. :(

Also, another curious question. I like the new stamina and confidence feature in this game. But shouldn't the stamina go down after many overs? Ponting scored 178 and stayed for like 30 overs and his stamina stayed FRESH and his confidence remained max. Same with bowlers. The confidence goes down for bowlers who get beaten up but the stamina never changes. Is that only effective in test games? I haven't played test yet so I don't know.

I tried installing. It tells me "Patch not compatible with installed version". :( Both betas tell the same.

I thought I did. I bought it off Amazon marketplace. Let me reinstall and see. If that doesn't work, I'm going 2 ask for moneyback.

plague added 1 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Just so its clear, I did use Tutsi's Gameplay Patch. But that only overwrote User.Dat so I didn't consider that as a patch. Do you think that would interrupt this patch?

Users who are viewing this thread