BOWLING CONFIGS - Testers needed

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
After reading posts made about the settings in the bowling configs, I have been tinkering all night with them to see what changes may be possible to enhance gameplay.

I did ask in the test config topic if people would post what changes they might like to see. As no-one replied , I decided to try and implement the changes I would like.

To summarise the main changes I have tried to implement are:

-better carry on deliveries for all types of wicket
-more bounce off the pitch (especially hard & dusty wickets)
-for hard and dusty pitches, more bounce when hitting the ball into the ground

As there are 4 config files, fast , swing, offspin & legspin, and 5 different types of pitch, as you might imagine, trying to test these new settings are proving to be onerous.

Changes made in some cases may only seem minute, but that is because if you make the bounce off the pitch too great, or make the speed of the ball to fast after pitching, there are too many byes and wides etc

Therefore if anyone is willing to test these configs it would be much appreciated. Please note this is only my first attempt, so any feedback, whether good or bad will be invaluable

Regards

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
thanks guys, I knew I could rely on you two :)
check your mail in about 20 mins.

dippyslara
I will send you the file too, but bear in mind this is only my first attempt at tweaking the bowling files, so it may not be the enhancement you was looking for

regards

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
files are on there way
You will find most changes are for hard and dusty wickets.

let me know how you get on

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Zimrahil, I have bowled 10 overs on a hard pitch, 5 fast- 5 leg spin, using your test configs and your atr files, again with my rot. files, I used the following bowling speeds:
Fast 61092
Normal 60000
Slow 10980
Boost 14352

LegSpinFlipper 28284
LegSpinSpeed 1500
LegSpinBoost 26000

My first impressions of these changes are that they are superb!,these are mainly impressions of the ball after pitching from the bowler, as opposed to the ball off the bat,(not seen enough shots to judges as yet)1. fast bowling:, more bounce cpu plays much more on the back foot (my length has not altered from before I installed the new settings
o byes past keeper 2, so far, genuine edges to short leg of a good length delivery (bouncing up in-to the ribs)the bouncer off a delivery with no speed boost now gets excellent lift, this means that you can now have 2 bouncers, the cpu can be surprised by a mix of this one and the one with speed boost, this is excellent, and led to one of the catches to short leg.

2. leg spin:, first over, byes past keepers shoulder, this has not happened again, off the same type of deliveries, in any case this can be nullified by having a very fine leg excellent and varied bouncemany chances to get close in catches(I am working on new fielding positions to account for this) as the cpu now plays a back foot defensive shotcpu again played many shots,scoring,off the back foot, this added excellent realsim, I have not had to plan for the cpu playing these shots before the settings.

I have not tried off spin/swing as yet, should do in due course, these are only early impressions,10 overs, but so far this is excellent work,(again!)
regards,paul

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
paul, thanks so far for your early feedback. I really do think that the bounce is more unpredictable now & that applies to when you bat as well as bowling. (try batting on a hard pitch and see how you get on !!)

Your fast bowling speeds are the same as what I use when I was experimenting with the configs, and I think I have got the fastest permissable ball speed after pitching that doesn't go through for 4 byes each delivery.

These changes are most noticable on hard & dusty pitches, but there should be differences on all types, so please try them all (eg you may want lower bounce on damp pithces etc). However, as you said these are only early impressions so please let me know what you think after you have played an innings or two.

Regards

S

sangamm

hey guys i've told you before the

the speed under the normal-45000 is for Right Arm Fast Bowlers
and the speed under-Fast-xxxxxx is for Right arm or left arm medium fast bowlers

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
sangamm
thanks for that, but what you are referring to is the speed of the bowl as it leaves the bowlers hand. We are talking about the speed & bounce of the ball after it pitches which is derived from the bowling configs :)

iaq

Club Cricketer
hi zim
i will give u my feedback tomorrow... because my pc is not working properly...
see u tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread