Bowling Guide!

So can you please give me correct flow?
I'll try to explain as simply as possible, hopefully it's understandable :).

1) Begin the run-up with A (good), B (short) or Y (full) - holding the left stick to the left or right at the same time you press one of these will alter the position on the crease you release the ball from.

2) During the run-up, press the left stick in the direction of the delivery type you wish to bowl.

3) At the top left of the screen, there is a gauge to assist the bowling timing - when the needle is in the green zone on the top diagram, press the right stick down and hold it there, this times the bowler's jump.

4) When the needle reaches the green zone on the second diagram, you must flick the right stick up to release the ball, with the direction you flick affecting the line you bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to explain as simply as possible, hopefully it's understandable :).

1) Begin the run-up with A (good), B (short) or Y (full) - holding the left stick to the left or right at the same time you press one of these will alter the position on the crease you release the ball from.

2) During the run-up, hold the left stick in the direction of the delivery type you wish to bowl, and keep it held there throughout the following steps.

3) At the top left of the screen, there is a gauge to assist the bowling timing - when the needle is in the green zone on the top diagram, press the right stick down and hold it there, this times the bowler's jump.

4) When the needle reaches the green zone on the second diagram, you must flick the right stick up to release the ball, with the direction you flick affecting the line you bowl.

Good description but I don't think you have to hold the LS for the delivery type during the bowling action. At least I don't and it still seems to work.

Good description but I don't think you have to hold the LS for the delivery type during the bowling action. At least I don't and it still seems to work.
That's true, you don't have to hold it early in the run-up, it only has to be done when you are initiating the bowling action with the downward flick of the right stick, but for a beginner struggling to execute the basics it is probably easier to do it the way I mentioned, as it's one less thing to worry about come the latter stages of the delivery :).

That's true, you don't have to hold it early in the run-up, it only has to be done when you are initiating the bowling action with the downward flick of the right stick, but for a beginner struggling to execute the basics it is probably easier to do it the way I mentioned, as it's one less thing to worry about come the latter stages of the delivery :).

I choose the delivery type just after the start of the run up. I just flick it to the desired position and release. This is well before the bowler get into his delivery stride. That way you've only got the RS to worry about.

Last edited:
I choose the delivery type just after the start of the run up. I just push it to the desired position and release. This is well before the bowler get into his delivery stride.
Oh right, can you just flick it in a direction and then leave the left stick alone completely for the rest of the run up and delivery?

I've been holding the left stick in the direction of the delivery type throughout all of it from about half way through the run-up onwards... Didn't think any differently because it works that way... Oh well! :lol

So nothing happens even if I press RHS down while I am in the green zone. Late! ARGH! The Tip box still keeps showing 'R' ( down ) indicator. I dont think the gamepad / controller is not functional. :noway

So nothing happens even if I press RHS down while I am in the green zone. Late! ARGH! The Tip box still keeps showing 'R' ( down ) indicator. I dont think the gamepad / controller is not functional. :noway
On your PC go to;

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

Right click your controller and click 'Game controller settings', from this menu click your controller and hit 'Properties'. This will allow you to play around with the inputs and see visual feedback on how it is responding which should let you know whether it is functional or not.

That sounds like the problem.

Are you able to bat in the game? Right stick movements and timing are just as important there so it's unlikely you could do one and not the other if the controller were at fault.

Oh right, can you just flick it in a direction and then leave the left stick alone completely for the rest of the run up and delivery?

I've been holding the left stick in the direction of the delivery type throughout all of it from about half way through the run-up onwards... Didn't think any differently because it works that way... Oh well! :lol

It doesn't really matter, it all has the same effect. It just allows you to forget about the LS during the delivery phase.

It doesn't really matter, it all has the same effect. It just allows you to forget about the LS during the delivery phase.
True - edited my post accordingly.

I had it in my head that if the left stick were left central when you executed the delivery, it would result in the standard ball (i.e. straight seam). I'll probably carry on doing it as I am though because I'm used to it :p.

Are you able to bat in the game? Right stick movements and timing are just as important there so it's unlikely you could do one and not the other if the controller were at fault.

I did try to bat and its not working either.

I am unable to find the controller in the list of devices so trying to re-setup to see if it helps.

I did try to bat and its not working either.

I am unable to find the controller in the list of devices so trying to re-setup to see if it helps.

It's a while ago now, and it was for the nets beta, but when I set my PS controller up to work with my PC I downloaded free Motionjoy software and a driver for it.

Last edited:
I did not have to use any driver and ALL other controls are working fine except RHS so I guess I am going to check with Flipkart guys for this.

Users who are viewing this thread