Bowling Guide!

After a couple of months i have finally discovered what makes the bowling work.
It just clicked into place in the last couple of days.
Jaraarrow is on the up.;)

What is it then?

I used to bowl wrist spin as a young fella so am trying again with this game.
As others have mentioned however I find it hard to bowl a traditional leggie as the ball always seems to spin the wrong way.
I do get 7 or 8 wickets in most shield games so Im happy with my progress but would be nice to sort the leggie out.
I found it hard to work out the drift etc & it seems the ball moves alot in the wind yes?
Any tips appreciated.

Last edited:
Really struggling with spin - not with the RPMs (hit 1500 plus consistently), but just with getting the ball to turn! This is even when the last rotation is timed with the release....

Not asking for ripping leg breaks all the time, but it barely moves off the straight no matter how much RPM and the pitch conditions?

Has anyone managed to be able to turn the ball consistently? Do you find pitch condition and ball age affects this?

Would be great to see videos of spin just to prove that is it actually there!

Mind posting your detail about your discovery? I'm still struggling with bowling in career mode with medium-fast bowler. I understand the basics but getting wickets is very random and I don't why my bowler bowls one delivery at one time and completely different delivery with the same combination. In one test match I got four wickets in the first innings but in second innings I bowled more than 25 overs and did not get a single wicket :(

Last edited:
Really struggling with spin - not with the RPMs (hit 1500 plus consistently), but just with getting the ball to turn! This is even when the last rotation is timed with the release....

Not asking for ripping leg breaks all the time, but it barely moves off the straight no matter how much RPM and the pitch conditions?

Has anyone managed to be able to turn the ball consistently? Do you find pitch condition and ball age affects this?

Would be great to see videos of spin just to prove that is it actually there!

right arm wrist spin I manage to get quite a bit of turn with the left stick (down+left) at around 1500 rpm. It's the drift that makes it effective. This is playing on pro in career with a batting all-rounder.

I depends a lot on the pitch though. The last game I played I struggled, to get it to turn. Also, standard leg breaks (up+left) don't turn that much.

Last edited:
I'm not that good at bowling and would appreciate any tips and inputs from your side.

If he wanted to give any tips he would have. He just wants to boost here

Damn these kids these days

right arm wrist spin I manage to get quite a bit of turn with the left stick (down+left) at around 1500 rpm. It's the drift that makes it effective. This is playing on pro in career with a batting all-rounder.

I depends a lot on the pitch though. The last game I played I struggled, to get it to turn. Also, standard leg breaks (up+left) don't turn that much.

Yep tried this and it seems you're right. Definitely turns noticeably when selecting the 'slow drift and flight' delivery.

This makes sense from a cricketing perspective (as a former leggie in real life, the slower flighted balls turn more than the standard), however there should be some turn for standard leg and off breaks which atm are pretty much straight.

really struggling to get my head around spin bowling lol in a left arm wrist spinner so when im bowling i rotate the stick and hold up/left? should the ball then turn from left to right? it seems it always goes the other way lol!

also the drift seems to go left and i never mean it too? it doesnt always do this so im guessing wind is a factor? is there any simples guides out there to assist us in this area?

even so since patch 2 easily the greatest cricket game ever! Well done BA!!

Users who are viewing this thread