Bowling systems -

Which Bowling system works best!

• Brian Lara 05

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • EA Cricket 2005

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • They're both dull. I've got a better idea!

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Cricket Friend

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sure it has been posted before but I'd like to start a fresh poll

-- Which bowling system works better -

EA 05
Lara 05
Yours?

If you have a good idea that works for PC and consoles lets hear it!!!

ACCURACY

I believe that there will be turbulant areas on the pitch where its harder to pitch the ball...for bad bowlers the turbulant areas would b in good areas and for good bowlers the turbulant areas will b well outside off and leg.

This will partially control where bowlers pitch it yet making it more eratic in a way.

SWING

1. A swing system like C2K5, so a delivery that swings and an arrow to control the amount of swing. But a stat in the batsman decides how visable the swing marker is...it isnt harder for the bowler because all they hav to do is press e.g left for more swing and right for less.

2. The actual swing should be different, I think the problems with Cricket 2005's swing are obvious.

3. And for a swinging delivery the accuracy marker (where you pitch it) should move like in B.L.I.C, but the amount of swing and which way it swings should be pre determined.

4. Reverse swing should be uncontrolled by the bowler and is more dependant on who the bowler is and how old the ball is this would be simpler to do

5. It'd be good if it works by the marker (which says where the ball is going to pitch) moves one way a bit but the ball actually goes either in the opposite direction or where the ball originally was going to pitch

SPIN

1. Less bounce than Cricket 2005, and BLIC

2. Drift, but much much less than Brian Lara.

3. Same amount of spin as in Cricket 205 with the same variations

SPEED

Cricket 2005 too slow_____________REAL LIFE_________Brian Lara (too fast)

My speed list is posted on every other suggestion list so ull prob b able to find it.

Last edited:
ACCURACY

I believe that there will be turbulant areas on the pitch where its harder to pitch the ball...for bad bowlers the turbulant areas would b in good areas and for good bowlers the turbulant areas will b well outside off and leg.

This will partially control where bowlers pitch it yet making it more eratic in a way.

NICE IDEA!

SWING

1. A swing system like C2K5, so a delivery that swings and an arrow to control the amount of swing. But a stat in the batsman decides how visable the swing marker is.

What about the bowler for this though? Doesn't this make it harder for the bowler as well?

2. The actual swing should be different, I think the problems with Cricket 2005's swing are obvious.

For sure

3. And for a swinging delivery the accuracy marker (where you pitch it) should move like in B.L.I.C, but the amount of swing and which way it swings should be pre determined.

SPIN

1. Less bounce than Cricket 2005, and BLIC

3. Same amount of spin as in Cricket 205 with the same variations

SPEED

Cricket 2005 too fast ?? (too slow you mean?)___REAL LIFE___Brian Lara (too fast)

My speed list is posted on every other suggestion list so ull prob b able to find it.

For sure, I've taken a look throw it and totally agree ^_^ - Thanks so much.

Ok, edited my list, have you cn my speed list,

Brian Lara's Cricket would be much better if there was less swing, late swing doesn't make it go miles and if it wasn't so easy to get it where you want.

blic has much better bowling system than ea in blic you can swing the ball in the air unlike in ea you can't and there is much more spin in blic than ea blic has a better bowling system than ea

hasun300 said:
blic has much better bowling system than ea in blic you can swing the ball in the air unlike in ea you can't and there is much more spin in blic than ea blic has a better bowling system than ea

I think swinging the ball in the Air is after the ball has left the hand is really unrealistic in BL. But think the seam / spin in EA is way too little, it needs to be exagerated. What about an analog bowling system, you could try and mimick the bowlers movement with an analog stick?

Users who are viewing this thread