Bradman was an admirer of Murali

yeah its not based on geographical distance from Sri Lanka...or the continents...its based on one's perception of his (definitely uncommon) action...some people can't just agree that such a haphazard action can be legitimate...and to add to it he takes so many wickets...perhaps had he been less successful he would have got less criticism and adoration...:)

sachinisgod said:
the starter of this thread was a clever fellow...he started it and vanished to allow us all to debate what is going to be debated as long as Wisden keep their records...:)

Lol... I'm still around.... Just been busy at work....

I think I have said enough already on the topic. I have learned that you can't change arrogant peoples way of thinking no matter how many experts and scientific proof have cleared Murali. They will believe what ever they want.

I do give props up to Michael Holding though. He used to say that Murali was a chucker, since new evidence shown that the rules are flawed and 99% of bowlers do chuck, he has publically have said that
he was wrong.

Last edited:
gold639 said:
Hondo are you Zimbabwean?Or which team do you support?

I have a Zimbabwe background, and Lived in Colombo for a bit.

I just love the Sri Lankan Team!

the starter of this thread was a clever fellow...he started it and vanished to allow us all to debate what is going to be debated as long as Wisden keep their records...

its a futile debate...coz I for one will never agree that Murali bends his arm deliberately(of course I have been fortunate enough to see him bowl in a plaster cast...the program was broadcast in Asia only)...but then for every me there will be you who will swear to it that they heard him admit it...so what's the point in it...when a man as respected and loved as the Don himself says Murali's ok...he is ok with or without this new rule...oh may be his Dusra isn't coz Don didn't see that did he?

Yes , even i saw murali bowl all his deliveries with a brace(made of thick plaster of paris) and no one can chuck wearing that !! Murali is a gr8 bowler nd the fact is that there is no use discussing all this after he has taken 500+ wickets . 500 wickets have to be earned whether with a 12 degree or 15 degree flex of the arm .
All people here who think that Murali chucks please tell me what distinct advantage does a bowler have if he bowls with a 15 degree flex rather than stipulated 12 degrees ????

Last edited:
dude i am talking of the same program...he was wearing a plaster-of-paris cast - one people wear when they have fractured bones...

Yeah they showed it on the ESPN Cricket Show I think. I missed most of the program but made sure I caught that part!

Users who are viewing this thread