BREAKING NEWS

E

electioneering

Ofcourse not.He is definitely not caught.All these are rumours.

I

indyan

Shocking News

The Nobel Prize medal given to poet and freedom fighter Rabindranath Tagore has been stolen from a museum in Shantiniketan, West Bengal.

The theft was detected on Thursday morning when the Vishwa Bharati University was reopened after a day's break.

A watch, a bangle along with important citations belonging to the poet, kept in the showcase at the Uttarayan Complex, were also missing.

Tagore won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913.

CID enquiry

West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadev Bhattacharjee has ordered a CID inquiry into the incident.

Bhattacharjee described it as a 'catastrophy' and asked the Director General of Police to immediately send a team to Shantiniketan.

"I have spoken to the Vice Chancellor and I have told him to look into this immediately. A high level CID team will also leave to investigate," said

The Chief Minister has also demanded a first hand report from the Vice Chancellor of Vishwa Bharti University.

The Trinamool Congress too has asked for a judicial enquiry into the incident.

Reactions of outrage

Reactions of outrage have poured in from across the country following news of the burglary.

"It is unthinkable but then it has happened. Just the other day we were saying if Tagore is in danger, then Shantiniketan is in danger. Unfortunately it has happened," said Mahashweta Devi, Writer.

The theft has come as a shock to Shantiniketan, the university town set up by Tagore.

And now it is up to the CID to resolve the case as quickly as possible and restore the medallion where it rightfully belongs.

The vice chancellor of Vishwa Bharati University has called a meeting of all employees and students at Shantiniketan today.

The meeting comes after the theft of Rabindra Nath Tagore's Nobel Prize, from a museum on the campus, was discovered on Thursday.

A team of CID officials have also arrived in Shantiniketan. But with no breakthroughs yet into the theft, allegations of lapses in security are snowballing.

Possible theories

"The place is highly protected. And I am amazed that a theft could happen," said Atish Sheth, resident.

Vichitra, the museum building is closed on Wednesdays.

And one theory gaining ground holds that someone posing as a visitor may have entered the museum on Tuesday and hidden himself inside when it was locked up. After burgling the museum, he broke open the grill of a window to escape.

"It is possible that the thief sneaked in on Tuesday itself. We are investigating all the angles, but we don't know anything definite yet," said S K Maity, additional ######, West Bengal police.

Security issues

Only two armed guards are deployed at the museum complex and the vice chancellor is bracing for a stormy meeting where questions are likely to be raised about security lapses.

"I feel very sad and accountable to the nation. I hope I will have the people's support at this time of crisis," said Dr Sujit Kumar Basu, vice Chancellor, Vishwabharati.

The chief minister has dispatched a team of CID officials and fingerprint experts will accompany them to try and identify who the possible culprit might be. But nothing really will salvage the situation till the national treasures are restored to where they belong.

SumoNYR88

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
A lot of people in India say that Bin Laden has been caught, and his capture will be revealed during the November elections......I've heard other things, but if you live in Delhi and saw doordashan in the summer of 2003, you know what I'am talking about.....

J

jeromedascorp

Forget bout wat ppl in india r sayin. Quite a number of ppl here in US saying that the whole plan is to reveal Bin Laden to the World about 1 or 2 months before the Nov Elections. When I say ppl i mean the public. ANother big controversial issue is the new computerizedvoting systems. Ppl say that bush's republican party will prolly set it up, just like theydid last time.

J

jeromedascorp

Personally, I dont believe it at the moment, but after Bush's BS about the Weapons in Iraq being the reason for war, I wont be surprised.

I

indyan

NDA IS OUT OF POWER
About 4 hours after counting began it's evident that there's going to be a change in power in India.
A congress led coalition is like to assume charge.
But still it's not clear who is going to be the PM.Sonia Ganghi is believed to be the favourite.

I

indyan

Originally posted by ricky123@May 13 2004, 01:51 PM
^_^ man this is india ,dont jump so quickly ,
Well it was almost sure even after 3 hours of counting that NDA is going to loose.But I still waited for another hour.
Anyway I must say that I am dissapointed :sorry:

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
As a strong supporter of BJP I'm very dissapointed. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

It was mainly beacuse of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
Congress-DMK made a clean sweep in Tamil Nadu winning all the seats,BJP won 0 seats.
People were crazy.India is going to be ruled by the stupid Gandhi family again-It's almost become like a Monoarchy.
We now have a Stupid Prime Minister-Sonia Gandhi. :angry: :angry:

R

rasi

Originally posted by bharat_88@May 14 2004, 07:35 PM
As a strong supporter of BJP I'm very dissapointed. :sorry:? :sorry:? :sorry:

It was mainly beacuse of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
Congress-DMK made a clean sweep in Tamil Nadu winning all the seats,BJP won 0 seats.
People were crazy.India is going to be ruled by the stupid Gandhi family again-It's almost become like a Monoarchy.
We now have a Stupid Prime Minister-Sonia Gandhi. :angry:? :angry:
Of 100 crore Indians, people cannot select one Indian to rule the country. Why do we need someone from Italy to rule our country?

We are risking our lives to keep the foreigners out, and the people elect a foreigner to handover power. Stupid!

Almost every single person I know in the IAF, voted for NDA, but we are so few in number.

btw, Indira, Rajiv, Sonia, Maneka, Rahul, everybody, must be called Gandy. Thats the name actually. It is the name of a caste.

Users who are viewing this thread