Buying Don Bradman Cricket 14 in Asia

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bollocks. Sorry but if you want something that costs money, buy it. If you don't have the money, don't. I appreciate that in different parts of the world people will have different incomes etcetera but just because someone hasn't got the money doesn't mean they have the right to steal it.....in my neck of the wood I cannot afford a Porsche.....I do not go and steal it.

----------

Anyway Planet Cricket prides itself in its approach to pirating. We hate it. Full stop. Anyone who wants to be a member here needs to understand we do not like pirates. They can better go somewhere else. This is not the place for them. They will get a lot of stick, a lot of stick.

There are no excuses for pirating.....none. Full stop.

That did contain a hint of irony and sarcasm, meh, I should've been less ambiguous.

ashtonreeves

School Cricketer
^I'm going to buy this game not for console, my pc,I'm from panadura.If you are going abroad maybe you can bring me this game:thumbs:):yes

that's not a problem. but I will be here IN sri lanka for the next 4 months (so I can't bring you the game from abroad). but you won't be needing me or anyone else.

here's what you need. open an account with "STEAM" and buy the game online.

you're going to need credit or a debit card. if you are going to use a debit card, you can use the HNB or Commercial bank savings account visa card. if you are using the HNB card you have to call them and activate online transactions before you pay (maybe same with commercial). you can also use a pre-paid card. sampath bank do have a pre-paid card for online use. here's more info about it, Sampath Web Card

you can also open a PayPal account linking that card :) if you have any of the above payment methods you can buy the game without a problem.

if you don't have any, don't worry I will buy the game for you. just send me a PM.

now have a peace of mind you can buy and play the game when it's out.

* make sure your PC can handle it.
* I don't know it will be available on steam, on day one

EDIT, I just read the thread and you said you're 13? you can't buy this game online. non of the Sri Lanka Banks offers online supported debit card for under 18. so credit card is out of the question.

ask you moms help. or visit one of your friends. if NO one can help you. just let me know.

Last edited:

Fernando Upeka

School Cricketer
ashtonreeves,thank you brother. I can get help from Mom but she'll say its too troublesome:noway. Perhaps after the release if you can please buy it form me and I'll pay you a comission if you want.:):cheers

ashtonreeves

School Cricketer
just sent me a PM when it's out :)

I will not be checking the forum daily. so don't think I'm ignoring you if you don't hear from me immediately.

Fernando Upeka

School Cricketer
no way i ignore you friend:yes

----------

any sri lanka except astonreeves and me know a way of getting the game easily other than from steam could give me some help:yes

D

Dutch

no way i ignore you friend:yes

----------

any sri lanka except astonreeves and me know a way of getting the game easily other than from steam could give me some help:yes

Way past bedtime now. This thread is not about how you get hold of this game as such. Many options have been given. Sort it out by PM.

On a side note the overuse of smilies and the frequent posting of the same thing gets annoying.

Thanks.

007avenger007

Club Captain
Just like the guys on here I don't support piracy either... But I don't go around practically cyber-bullying a 13 year-old for committing a crime that's barely considered a crime in society!:facepalm
I'm all for having an opinion on piracy but come on! Just tell the kid what he needs to know. I didn't expect this from the mods here at all... ok maybe from Biggs... but the rest of you? Really?

Props to ashtonreeves:yes... The only person who doesn't seem immature in this thread :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just like the guys on here I don't support piracy either... But I don't go around practically cyber-bullying a 13 year-old for committing a crime that's barely considered a crime in society!
I'm all for having an opinion on piracy but come on! Just tell the kid what he needs to know. I didn't expect this from the mods here at all... ok maybe from Biggs... but the rest of you? Really?
You're in a forum talking to the developers of the game and then start talking about how you're going to pirate it, don't expect a kind response.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
a crime that's barely considered a crime in society!

i think the whole point is that this forum does consider piracy a serious crime (it is, it's theft) and were getting that across. i think it's legitimate to challenge the broader perception of the crime in society (which I agree with you, doesn't take it all that seriously) in a forum with a vested interest in seeing it taken seriously. (we want developers to profit as much as possible to encourage them to continue developing games)

also, if you use a word like props, you immediately forfeit your right to call anyone immature.

007avenger007

Club Captain
You're in a forum talking to the developers of the game and then start talking about how you're going to pirate it, don't expect a kind response.

The developer is human... If i were the developer I would looking forward to welcoming a new consumer rather than cussing him out... And this is a forum... And he only made a joke... And he was only asking about availability in Sri Lanka... And Sri Lanka is in Asia...

Honestly if Ross got offended by that then I don't know what to think of him now :\

----------

i think the whole point is that this forum does consider piracy a serious crime (it is, it's theft) and were getting that across. i think it's legitimate to challenge the broader perception of the crime in society (which I agree with you, doesn't take it all that seriously) in a forum with a vested interest in seeing it taken seriously. (we want developers to profit as much as possible to encourage them to continue developing games)

I was talking about it from the kid's perspective...
"Just like the guys on here I don't support piracy either..."
I don't want to get too deep in this but I just want to say that there are other ways to go around telling someone they are wrong... You can easily go around treating the person like a thief which is justifiable but IMO immature considering the current situation of society about the crime...
Or you can inform the person gently about the actual seriousness of his crime how the people here on PC.net don't take kindly to people who deliberately don't support developers and still pirate their games...

also, if you use a word like props, you immediately forfeit your right to call anyone immature.

lol... I honestly don't know where you got that idea

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Why would you welcome new consumers who were planning on stealing your game? That's like saying "I'm really looking forward to moving house. My new area has the highest rate of burglary in the world but you know burglars have to feed their families too."

007avenger007

Club Captain
Why would you welcome new consumers who were planning on stealing your game? That's like saying "I'm really looking forward to moving house. My new area has the highest rate of burglary in the world but you know burglars have to feed their families too."

Well if I were a developer and had to respond to a comment like that I wouldn't start bashing on the person right away... I still wouldn't judge... If explaining kindly and humbly about the crime's effect on on my business and how I - as a developer - feel about it doesn't change him and the he persists on committing it, then I would just leave it instead of bullying him... especially if he is 13 and his actual question didn't allude to pirating the game at all...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think there has been a lot of explanation and posts about the effect on companies. There is a whole thread dedicated to it which as I've said before we've made an effort to provide in the hope that people read it. By contrast we could just be banning people and deleting posts for talking about it.
I don't think that it's a bad thing that people get a strong reaction because they need to realise that their actions are harmful and cannot be condoned. Maybe it's just words but some of the members who have talked about pirating are now talking about supporting the developers instead.

Users who are viewing this thread