Story [C2007] Dan Cullen's Tour Diary of New Zealand

WhiteHand

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was time for our second ODI against New Zealand. We had an unchanged lineup. The old formula works, I suppose. I really hoped the Kiwis would give us a better match then last time.

It all started with Haydos and Watto going out to bat, after we had won the toss and elected to bat. Watson didn't trouble the Kiwis, he was out fairly quickly. While Haydos did lend us a bit of firepower, he was gone before long. This left Gilly and Punter in the field. They did well to hold on for a while; about til the 20 over mark, in fact. They made a nice partnership of around 80, but were both deadly close to reaching their fifties when they fell, in quick succession. 4/120

Michael Clarke worked himself in, but Huss was almost immediately dismissed. Enter Cameron White. He smashed 16 in about 5 balls. At this stage Michael Clarke was out. 6/156.

As I left the pavilion to take my place on the field, Ponting told me to get Cameron to slow the scoring down a little. Whitey simply shook is head, and continued smashing the ball around the field. As I made my way to a tidy 10, before getting out, Cameron White smashed his way to the top score of 56, getting out on the next ball. This would spell the end of the Australian batting attack. New Zealand had a target of only 200...

When everyone was back at the pavilion, White and Ponting came to blows. It was a heated argument, and neither player seemed on giving it up. Our team went on the field for our bowling innings split in two...

WhiteHand

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Standing out on the field, I could feel the tension between Ricky and Cameron. I'd never seen such a large disagreement between the captain and a player. This impacted upon the whole team, and after 10 overs, New Zealand were racing ahead at 0/70.

At the 17 overs mark, I was called upon to begin bowling. As I delivered my first ball, it was hit viciously for six. I shook my head in anger, but continued on, managing to strangle runs for the rest of the over.

The next over saw our first breakthrough. Shane Watson bowled a short one to Low, who attempted to glance it. Instead, he edged it straight down the throat of Cameron White, who took the catch easily. The celebration of this wicket was very cold, and the tension was still in the air.

Stephen Fleming didn't last long, owing to me. Bowling a, if I may say so myself, beautiful offbreak which meant right around his legs, it hitting off-stump.
cullen1.jpg

Yelling, and pumping my fists in the air, I'd got the wicket I'd wanted. Gilchrist gave me a quick high five, and Clarkey gave me a hug aswell.

New Zealand were broken. The next twenty overs involved strangulation, and they'd barely gotten 140 before being all out. This tour was becoming a drag for me, as I was hoping I'd have a challenge. My economy rate of 2.0 was great, and my two wickets were even better.

Cameron White did not bowl in the match. This troubled me somewhat, as Ricky seemed to be acting a little childish over the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread