CA Beta | Team: PlanetCricket

Great work their Biggsy, thanks a milion. So if I am reading this right who will actually be playing this team online or will we all be able to download it and use it as we will?

Would be great if we can set up some kind of competition against the big ant boys or something....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, as I said I'll look at finalizing everything over the weekend. The "First 15" will all make the online squad, with the reserves being included if there's an even amount across all squads, otherwise they can add themselves.

There will be a 1st XI posted with a batting/bowling order included in the squad which you can download from the server, so it'll be a pre-made ready to go three-format squad with all our users as above. You can then edit/change as you like on your own system, but the one uploaded on the server will be the "official" version of whatever I come up with this weekend.

Hope that makes sense.

And some sort of player ranking system that would update the ranks every fortnight or so. Something that'd make us play for some sort of a goal.

As long as you keep you players updated on the server as you play the game, I'll update the squad accordingly every month or so and re-upload it. Call it a passion project...

Nope, as I said I'll look at finalizing everything over the weekend. The "First 15" will all make the online squad, with the reserves being included if there's an even amount across all squads, otherwise they can add themselves.

There will be a 1st XI posted with a batting/bowling order included in the squad which you can download from the server, so it'll be a pre-made ready to go three-format squad with all our users as above. You can then edit/change as you like on your own system, but the one uploaded on the server will be the "official" version of whatever I come up with this weekend.

Hope that makes sense.

Yeah makes sense, even to me......

....i look so forward to this place being alive with stories, leagues, competitions, career diaries etcetera.

Worth quickly noting as well, all this is for fun and if you don't like the squad you're in, just change it when you download it. But this is the "official" PlanetCricket squad to go "head on" in the game with the BigAnt one...

And some sort of player ranking system that would update the ranks every fortnight or so. Something that'd make us play for some sort of a goal.

Wait till the game is out and there is online play sessions with PC member's here

You have no idea how crazy fun it is to play with other PC member's here aka Monty Cup's etc

I'll organize online tournaments as well with prizes if time permits but this will be the official PC squads

Yeah, totally. The idea of the concept is just to have a ready-to-go "official" squad on the server for our users to download and do with whatever they want to do... Time saver, basically.

Wait till the game is out and there is online play sessions with PC member's here

You have no idea how crazy fun it is to play with other PC member's here aka Monty Cup's etc

I'll organize online tournaments as well with prizes if time permits but this will be the official PC squads

Sounds fun.
Just a query if any one of you guys can help me out. (I fear I might sound dumb here) Who will the PC.net team play against? I mean I am not quite familiar with the way such things work. If you get what I mean.

Sounds fun.
Just a query if any one of you guys can help me out. (I fear I might sound dumb here) Who will the PC.net team play against? I mean I am not quite familiar with the way such things work. If you get what I mean.

I think the purpose Biggsy has this thread is to have a full PC squad with proper kits and such which is ready to download

In the past we didn't had luxury of having a detailed editor like CA

But hopefully if the game dev's have the time, we can hopefully organize play sessions online and chat and discuss the game with them while having fun

How are the squads selected? Is it first in first served or selected according to forum activity?

@Biggs
You have any particular criteria for selection? I hope us old timers have some advantage.:thumbs

Just trying to get my player uploaded too. :)

I see there are no slots left but I think a team in DBC14 can have upto 25 players (I could be wrong though), so I hope I can at least make it to the reserves. Something better than nothing :p

Nice. I can already feel the goosebumps on having made it to the 15-man team :D

Users who are viewing this thread