Career - add nations for Tests

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
Ladies and Gents,

I hope we've all seen the ICC announcement about Ireland and Afghanistan being made Full Members. Now how do I add them to the international fixtures calendar in career mode?

D

Deleted member 46200

I'm liking your style, spot on. Thanks!

Sadly you can't gonna have to wait until 2019 for that one.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A patch can do this, provided BA is willing to do this if they don't want us to wait till DBC19 (if that is their next target)

cricket_eireann

School Cricketer
It's extremely frustrating that there's no option to select your national team to be an associate. On Bradman 14 I was able to start a career as a domestic player in England/ Australia and then progress onto play international cricket for Ireland. But none of that can be done on Bradman 17.

sphanlon

School Cricketer
It's extremely frustrating that there's no option to select your national team to be an associate. On Bradman 14 I was able to start a career as a domestic player in England/ Australia and then progress onto play international cricket for Ireland. But none of that can be done on Bradman 17.

Hey, I haven't bought either game yet. Are you saying you could get selected to a non-test country team in 14 but not in 17? Can you only ever play internationally for the 10 (now 12 in real life) full members int he new game? That's a big deal for me.

D

Deleted member 46200

A patch can do this, provided BA is willing to do this if they don't want us to wait till DBC19 (if that is their next target)
Not gonna happen sorry bro!

Hopefully in DBC 19 we an choose out own nation.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very sweet of you thanks :D

They haven't confirmed but it's a successful game so more or less there will be DBC 19.

the confirmation will come in 2018 :P and you are sweet too but am little bit more lol

D

Deleted member 46200

the confirmation will come in 2018 :P and you are sweet too but am little bit more lol
I guess they'll be looking to do DBC 19 it does sell well and being honest they have supported it well..

Yep, that box DBC 14 looks good shame it isn't a pint... Now that would be sweet.

cricket_eireann

School Cricketer
Hey, I haven't bought either game yet. Are you saying you could get selected to a non-test country team in 14 but not in 17? Can you only ever play internationally for the 10 (now 12 in real life) full members int he new game? That's a big deal for me.
Unfortunately yes that is now the case. You can only select from the 10 Full Members prior to the expansion. I tried to be creative to get around it - I linked the England team's data with Ireland in the academy so England effectively became Ireland. However once the career began the Ireland team was a hybrid of English and Irish players, very frustrating!

sphanlon

School Cricketer
Unfortunately yes that is now the case. You can only select from the 10 Full Members prior to the expansion. I tried to be creative to get around it - I linked the England team's data with Ireland in the academy so England effectively became Ireland. However once the career began the Ireland team was a hybrid of English and Irish players, very frustrating!
Yeah, well I've been thinking of a possible workaround too. I mean can't you assign any uniform to any team? Like give England Ireland's unis. It won't reset itself in career because it's meant for you to be able to get and use custom stuff to work around licenses anyway, right? Then you can use either the database or league or career save editors from this site(whichever would actually accomplish this, perhaps multiple would) and change the names of teams and players. The only downsides are the team will dynamically update with players from wherever you overwrote, and I also think the commentary will use the old name. But it theoretically could work. Do you think?

cricket_eireann

School Cricketer
Yeah, well I've been thinking of a possible workaround too. I mean can't you assign any uniform to any team? Like give England Ireland's unis. It won't reset itself in career because it's meant for you to be able to get and use custom stuff to work around licenses anyway, right? Then you can use either the database or league or career save editors from this site(whichever would actually accomplish this, perhaps multiple would) and change the names of teams and players. The only downsides are the team will dynamically update with players from wherever you overwrote, and I also think the commentary will use the old name. But it theoretically could work. Do you think?
Everything like team name, stadium, team kits seem to be changeable for the career, the problem is the career mode still registering the team as being England instead of Ireland and therefore it will call up English players to it. Are the database and league or career save editors only applicable for PC version of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread