Career Mode Star Player Line ups??

mitchapalooza

School Cricketer
G'day All,

Playing as myself in 'star player career mode' (cause you can dare to dream) in the Australian team.
The game has offered me to be Captain straight up for the World Cup (which to be fair I don't really want), and regardless of whether i accept or not, the squad is seems to be randomly selected. Guys like Dave Warner are left from the team entirely (not even selectable from the 25 odd man squad), and Payne/Carey are out for Whiteman etc. It's the unmoded Australian squad, and when I check the lineup in the academy its the original squad I'd like to select.

Each time I restart the career, the squad is slightly different each time. Does anyone else have this issue? And I guess more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Mitch

Addy

National Board President
G'day All,

Playing as myself in 'star player career mode' (cause you can dare to dream) in the Australian team.
The game has offered me to be Captain straight up for the World Cup (which to be fair I don't really want), and regardless of whether i accept or not, the squad is seems to be randomly selected. Guys like Dave Warner are left from the team entirely (not even selectable from the 25 odd man squad), and Payne/Carey are out for Whiteman etc. It's the unmoded Australian squad, and when I check the lineup in the academy its the original squad I'd like to select.

Each time I restart the career, the squad is slightly different each time. Does anyone else have this issue? And I guess more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Mitch
That is the reason why I don't play career mode. (I think) Players with best abilities in the academy are automatic selection in the squads and playing XI, which is so unrealistic.
Would be great if we get the option to play as star player in the custom tournaments with correct lineups and playing XI.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
G'day All,

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Mitch
That's dynamic squad, it's a feature that's intended to make career mode more realistic. If you play rookie career mode, you'll progress through the years, and even your club team mates will make it to the national side, some of them. So that's why squads in career mode are dynamic squads.

For a star career mode, I think dynamic squads still do apply. Think of it as an alternate reality, different from the real life squad selection!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is the reason why I don't play career mode. (I think) Players with best abilities in the academy are automatic selection in the squads and playing XI, which is so unrealistic.
Would be great if we get the option to play as star player in the custom tournaments with correct lineups and playing XI.
It's what you get with Dynamic Squads, it's basically meant to resemble real life cricket, where squad keeps changing. If you play rookie career mode it makes more sense, but if you play star career mode (as I said in the post above) think of it as an alternative reality!

mitchapalooza

School Cricketer
It's what you get with Dynamic Squads, it's basically meant to resemble real life cricket, where squad keeps changing. If you play rookie career mode it makes more sense, but if you play star career mode (as I said in the post above) think of it as an alternative reality!

I understand that, but I'm not a fan. When I do rookie career mode I get to represent Australia, and there is maybe 3 players in the squad that currently play. Is there a way to turn it off?

Users who are viewing this thread