Catch of the decade?

I will always remember the McGrath one, some of them aren't from the last decade like the second one but wow that was a ripper. Collingwood and Ponting have quite a few. JP from last season was good as well.

The last catch. Paul fatty Vautin you legend!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the one from the end of Syls vid

Paul Vautin. Ex Rugby League star takes one of the best catches you will see. What a legend. Great ball from Alfie Langer too ;) haha.

"and that is the greatest fluke in cricket history" hahaha love it.

What about that running catch by some NZ chick with long hair of Hayden's pull? :p

This one? What do you mean nz chick with long hair? He has short hair.

That Ponting one was pretty amazing. That'd be in my top 10 ever. Keeper catch-wise McCullum's one against Bell which no one else in the world could have pulled off. Other outfield ones, there were a few which were caught, thrown back up and then the player went ver boundary, came back and recaught it. Those are always sensational. There was one I saw live which was Nathan Astle catching Dwayne Smith I think off Jeetan Patel on the boundary where he jumped stretching back over the rope and kept his balance when he landed. Collingwood has taken some screamers at backward point for infield catches. Caught and bowleds it's hard to go passed Shane Bond. He's pulled off 3 amazing ones. 2 in the latest Pakistan series and the other against Australia.

all pretty bad Q really :(

I was at that game where McCullum took that blinder of a catch off Ian Bell, everyone in the crowd was like WTF just happened, amazing.

OMG you found the Nathan Astle catch! I havn't seen that for years. Doesn't look very good without replays though.

Maybe one of you NZ'ers will remember Brett Lee's magnificent running diving catch in the 2000 series, 2nd one dayer, even better than Sinclair's.

The thing that makes sinclairs catch so good to me, is the fact that he caught it with his left hand

And yeah I've seen replays of Brett Lees catch..... It was ok :laugh

I saw that game earlier as Sky Sports filled up time with a classic game. In my opinion it's the best catch ever. Just stunning! I remember watching it live and thinking it was one of the best ever and I still do.

Collingwood and Rhodes > Everyone else, fielding wise.

Here are the ones Aj was talking about. Terrible vid, but a great catch:

He took it in between his thumb and finger too. It could well be one of the catches of this decade.

Ah, heres a better one. First one is Steven Smith bowling and Dwayne Smith taking the catch. Second one is Dwayne bowling and Steven taking the catch.

Users who are viewing this thread