Checklist for MattW's Visit to BigAnt's Office

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
Since it is confirmed that MattW would be visiting BigAnt's office in the coming weeks, I thought why not create a checklist for him based on what we would like him to test in the game, as I am pretty sure he would be too dazed to react after looking at the game playing live in front of his eyes :p

Now, I know MattW may or may not decide to use this list, but whats the harm in trying :spy!!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Since it is confirmed that MattW would be visiting BigAnt's office in the coming weeks, I thought why not create a checklist for him based on what we would like him to test in the game, as I am pretty sure he would be too dazed to react after looking at the game playing live in front of his eyes :p

Now, I know MattW may or may not decide to use this list, but whats the harm in trying :spy!!

First of all he should be checking all the basic stuffs in controls for batting, fielding and bowling ......The variations as well aggression and the defensive stuffs as well.....:):D

Sorry forgot to mention first he should see how the menu of the game looks and what all stuffs are in there.....:D

Westindies

Club Captain
A to Z, inside out, cover to cover, nook and corner what else you can call :rolleyes

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1) Un-orthodox shots like The Switch Hit and The Dil-scoop?

2) If you bowl 6 bowls in a same spot (e.g. Good Length) at same speed, does it variate or simply repeats itself like the previous deliveries (like in previous games)?

3) How many deliveries options are there for a bowler and is there a confidence meter or something to unlock the special bowls or we can simply bowl any bowl any time?

Well that's about it from me :D

PS: And by the way, thanks Angad for opening this thread :P

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
1. Wear clothes
2. Don't turn up (too) drunk
3. Don't go all David Warner on Ross when he won't let you take a copy home

Should cover it.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. Connect his phone to the Wireless network (or 3G network)
2. Live stream the play-session using one of the Apps available for both Android/iOS platforms.
3. Profit?

Hunbbel

Club Captain
My recommendation to Matt will be to cover as much details as he can for us hungry funs ;)

More specifically, I would like him to do the following things:

1. Try tracking for some bugs. Especially, when it comes to fooling the AI.
2. Keep an eye on the fielding setups by AI. Almost every other game had it wrong - which could be easily manipulated.
3. Check the physics of the ball. How does it zip off the surface on different types of pitches. Can we seam the bowl 'slightly' to make the AI batsmen play inside the line of the bowl and get some 'oohs' and 'aahs'. Plus, what would be the commentators saying then? ;)
4. Does the umpires have any special/specific attributes that come into play during their decision?
5. How the running b/w the wickets happen during the career mode? Who calls for the run? Does the caller change if there is a tailender/junior on the other end?
6. Last, but not the least, how different it would be to play in different parts of the world? For example, in England, Australia, India, SA, West Indies.

I know it sounds a long list, but it does cover some very important aspects of the game. I would be really grateful if you could at least check the 'playing inside the line of the ball' thing. That's the most important for me :)

Have a great tour and have fun :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Make sure he can see the game and make out what the graphics look like, unlike barmyarmy :spy

rezwannavid

School Cricketer
2) If you bowl 6 bowls in a same spot (e.g. Good Length) at same speed, does it variate or simply repeats itself like the previous deliveries (like in previous games)?

It is hard sometimes impossible to bowl Six Deliveries in same spot as the controls are different!

D

Dutch

Clean underwear and a raincoat and plenty of water for the journey and of course a cheery smile for all those lovely people on the way........

This place is going to the utter dumps.........

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Matt has been around long enough and seen plenty of cricket games to know what he needs to focus on and what to look for. The biggest "make or break" for any game is AI and I doubt anyone can find much about AI in a limited amount of time so my ask would be for Matt to record the play session and make it available for us to see :thumbs

007avenger007

Club Captain
!

Matt has been around long enough and seen plenty of cricket games to know what he needs to focus on and what to look for. The biggest "make or break" for any game is AI and I doubt anyone can find much about AI in a limited amount of time so my ask would be for Matt to record the play session and make it available for us to see :thumbs

IMO, AI doesn't really matter if their is multiplayer mode... Especially Online multiplayer mode...
RLL series has a decent online mode and I bet C14 won't be any different...
I think gameplay for sports games should be designed solely judging online play... I don't want to spend all my time playing with a machine you know! :)

Users who are viewing this thread