Chennai Champions Team Thread

Sorry I haven't been on lately guys, been very busy. Glad to see we are in the final. Hope I can get my first wicket.

Sorry for being inactive for so long... Was having some issues.

Great to see our team in the Finals. Precambrian is lucky charm!!

BTW, Precambrian is still in the team right??

Yup mate.Your definitely in the team,atleast till this season ends.
Its great now to see some of our members coming back.Ady,Navin and now Precamb.BM is the due now.
C'mon Champions we are not far from lifting the trophy!:happy

Of course, they all show up when we're in the finals. :p

Sorry I haven't been on lately guys, been very busy. Glad to see we are in the final. Hope I can get my first wicket.

You've been the second most economical bowler in the league.

Of course, they all show up when we're in the finals. :p

You've been the second most economical bowler in the league.
I know, couldn't believe I only conceded 13 in one game. Now hopefully we can leap to first in the group.

Zaheer back in for the dead rubber. I haven't been happy with KP's performance so far, he's consistently been getting out in the mid 20's. Hopefully Zaheer has a good game ad we can look to playing him in the finals.

KP hasn't been too effective, but Zaheer Khan has been simply terrible in most of the games he's played so far. We haven't lost too many wickets in most of our matches, so KP coming in at 3 or 4 to score something like 20 runs off 18 balls doesn't hurt us. But, Zaheer has actually hurt us in matches. He has taken only one wicket in total and has an economy rate of 9.5. All of our member bowlers have done much better than that.

Dang, he has to go and take 4 wickets right after I post that. And Naresh, you're a beast in this game.

We now have a predicament.

I think we should open with Naresh and Karachi again. They've been in good form. Sachin is the shoe in at number three.

The only question is - Zaheer or KP? Zaheer just got 4 for 14 in the last match, however against a side without any internationals. KP has been average, Zaheer has been terrible bar the last match.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think we should keep Zaheer in because KP doesn't get to bat much and even if he does, im sure anyone else who bats can still do a job that he does and we already have good batsman in the top 3 spots.

I don't know. He bowled really well in the last match, but there were no international players in the Dublin side. The Toronto Tanks just scored 210 on a poor pitch, so I'm not sure if we would want to take that risk when our members have shown that they can bowl just as well. For the first match, I think we should go with what has been working for us during our 6-match win streak. We'll take risks later depending on the result of that match.

Users who are viewing this thread