Chucking tests don't work

Andrew G said:
It's probably because there's more attention on the Australian matches,
plus in Oz we always have the best available umpires contracted to
ejudicate the international matches, so there's more chance of being
reported.

Andrew...

I was under the impression you had the same ICC elite panel as everyone else...

andrew_nixon said:
Because if you do throw it, you can flex your wrist much more.

It's a never ending argument really, especially with some members on here. ;)

barmyarmy said:
I was under the impression you had the same ICC elite panel as everyone else...
Correct... What I meant was that Australia usually get the better umpires
for their international games, as would England, etc, Billy Bowden is an
exception to that though...

And might I point out to those saying Australia reported Botha for
his bowling action, it was the match referee, Chris Broad (ENG), that reported
him to the ICC for investigation, so children (you know who you are), get your
facts right before trying to blame the Aussies for something they had no part in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Andrew G said:
It's probably because there's more attention on the Australian matches,
plus in Oz we always have the best available umpires contracted to
ejudicate the international matches, so there's more chance of being
reported.

Andrew...
We don't actually. We're deprived of the best umpire in the world, Simon Taufel, and we're stuck with Ray Charles (Steve Bucknor as you know him) or the worst in the world, Aleem Dar.

Andrew G said:
facts right before trying to blame the Aussies for something they had no part in. :rolleyes:
Botha was reported by Billy Bowden (NZ), Aleem Dar (Pak), R Parry (Aus) and Chris Broad (Eng). All four reported him.

Andrew G said:
Correct... What I meant was that Australia usually get the better umpires
for their international games, as would England, etc, Billy Bowden is an
exception to that though...

That is just a ridiculous comment. So your saying that the ICC would just neglect the other teams with inept umpires. Australia and England don't have the best umpires, Dar isn't the best, same as Bowden.

I was wondering if the ICC still requires impartial umpires in Test cricket, despite the ICC Elite Panel. That seems contradictory.

ZoraxDoom said:
Give Botha a break, he is a medium pacer who just took up spin. He will have a few hiccups in the way, as it isn't a natural action and bowling a lot of overs can have a strain.
Hardly makes him exempt from the laws- and how can bowling a lot of overs be the cause when firstly he never bowled an extended spell and secondly his action was dodgy from the start (I think the slow motion shot they showed was in his first over). However I'm sure he'll be able to bowl a few gentle straight balls to keep the testers happy.

Wildwil said:
good spinner......like Botha
lol

Jarryd said:
I did a couple just blatantly throwing it, and it spun an absolutle mile. Did a few bowling normally only moving my arm in a throwing motion a bit, probably over the 15 degree limit. Got far more spin that way than with my normal action.
Sorry if i don't believe you,but when you blatently throw it.......well fair enough.But when its just minimal flex,then you can't spin the ball all that much more.In fact,on some ocassions it would more difficult. If Botha chucks,why can't he spin the ball>?

I have seen Bucknor up close on a number of occasions,and for your information Jarryd, he looks niether like Ray Charles or Morgan Freeman.

kodos said:
That is just a ridiculous comment. So your saying that the ICC would just neglect the other teams with inept umpires. Australia and England don't have the best umpires, Dar isn't the best, same as Bowden.
Maybe it is a ridiculous comment, but atleast it's not as ridiculous as the
few comments you've been posting lately...

Andrew G said:
Maybe it is a ridiculous comment, but atleast it's not as ridiculous as the
few comments you've been posting lately...

You are just too arrogant to admit that most of your comments are ridiculous and most other members on this forum agree with that fact. You blatant facts that the ICC provides more emphasis on Aussie matches is just stupid. And your fact that in Auatralia they usually get the best umpires. Listen up mate!! If you think Australia is the most important in world cricket than you should get your facts straight and your biased opinions is just stupid because your saying that there should be no concern for other cricketing nations in the world.

Can we please concentrate on the actual topic rather than resorting to personal attacks.
I know this is one that provokes tensions so I'd urge anyone who feels unable to keep their cool not to post.

brad352 said:
Hardly makes him exempt from the laws- and how can bowling a lot of overs be the cause when firstly he never bowled an extended spell and secondly his action was dodgy from the start (I think the slow motion shot they showed was in his first over). However I'm sure he'll be able to bowl a few gentle straight balls to keep the testers happy.

lol

If his action is soo dodgy why didn't he get called on 2 a tours to the subcontinet or a one day tour to India???

Users who are viewing this thread