Champions League CLT20 4 Returns to south africa

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why is there discussion on T20 World Cups and International teams in this thread? Take it somewhere else and stop clogging it up with monster posts.

Anyways, another good win for the South African team and I must admit that I laughed at Yorkshire being taken apart by two of their own, or at least one of their own and an old boy in Lumb.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Why is there discussion on T20 World Cups and International teams in this thread? Take it somewhere else and stop clogging it up with monster posts.

Yes we have ventured a bit off topic with the current point, which initially evolved from a champions league topic point.

Such things can happen in a healthy cricket discussion. However it will be over soon, so if it bothers you so much, just close your eyes and pretend that you are not seeing the posts for the time being.

spooony

Club Captain
Personally, I haven't seen enough of him keeping to know how good he is, so picking Tsolekile may be the better option as far as I know, but for me, his batting will get him far. He's got a great opportunity to get into the side as a batsman on merit and then develop his keeping as he goes, much like de Villiers really. I don't think fast tracking him into the ODI and T20 sides would be a bad idea really.

I don't say play him. I say take him with and nurture him. Kuhn is 10 times better as Tsolikele. We have a saying in selecting our keepers. If he is a liability with the bat he is a liability. Which Tsolikele is. Unfortunately Kuhn who is 28 is going to play second fiddle not because the other person is better than him but because of politics.

This is Thami Tsolekile vs Heino Kuhn vs Quinton de Kock vs Dane Vilas vs Morne van Wyk

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
CSK are already out if KKR fail to win against Perth tonight they can go home too IPL teams can only play in there backyard expect for 1 or 2

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I think CSK are on the brink of elimination and not entirely out yet. Would be more than delighted to be proven wrong though.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Yes we have ventured a bit off topic with the current point, which initially evolved from a champions league topic point.

Such things can happen in a healthy cricket discussion. However it will be over soon, so if it bothers you so much, just close your eyes and pretend that you are not seeing the posts for the time being.
I wouldn't use the word evolve when it only went off topic because you brought it up straight away. If you want to spout off about Australian selections, then do it in the right place (which I then avoid) rather than bringing it up in every other thread, which is hard to ignore.
I don't say play him. I say take him with and nurture him. Kuhn is 10 times better as Tsolikele. We have a saying in selecting our keepers. If he is a liability with the bat he is a liability. Which Tsolikele is. Unfortunately Kuhn who is 28 is going to play second fiddle not because the other person is better than him but because of politics.

This is Thami Tsolekile vs Heino Kuhn vs Quinton de Kock vs Dane Vilas vs Morne van Wyk

I never got that whole nurture thing. He's not going to get the gig as first choice keeper, because there are guys ahead of him, like the ones you brought up. But with the greatest respect to South Africa, outside the usual suspects, there's not a whole lot backing them up in terms of limited overs Top order batsmen. I'm saying they'd be better off giving de Kock a chance ahead of the likes of Levi and when they want to rest the likes of Kallis and de Villiers etc. Can't do him any harm, whereas I feel turning him into a full time drinks carrier would. Especially when if Tsolekile does get picked full time, he'd probably be keeping wicket for his Domestic side anyway, which would do him some good.

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
CSK are already out if KKR fail to win against Perth tonight they can go home too IPL teams can only play in there backyard expect for 1 or 2

Very wrong considering CSK actually won the 2010 edition in SA. :rolleyes

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
4 wins on 4 for the South African sides in this edition of the CLT20 then - one that sees them join Australia in the 60 or more win% list. Guess they've more than merited to stake a claim to have 2 auto qualifiers.

Btw this Titans side are actually dismantling their opponents without their 'BIG 4' - AB de Villiers (injured), Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel and Faf du Plessis (all 3 leeched by the IPL sides).

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
KKR out, and CSK about to go out. Shows that the Indian teams should have gone through the qualifiers aswell and given chance to a team like Hamphire or Sailkot

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Dam shame that Perth match got washed out. Would have been good seeing Mitch Marsh do his stuff. Very slow knock by Shaun, he really hasn't been the same for a while now.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Dam shame that Perth match got washed out. Would have been good seeing Mitch Marsh do his stuff. Very slow knock by Shaun, he really hasn't been the same for a while now.

Ye the way S Marsh has fell of in the last year, after promising to be the next big middle-order option, pretty much summarizes the problem with the next generation of Australian batsmen at the moment.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
KKR out, and CSK about to go out. Shows that the Indian teams should have gone through the qualifiers aswell and given chance to a team like Hamphire or Sailkot

And also Trinidad
2009- FINALS had Polly and Bravo
2010- did not play. Guyana Qualified this year.
2011- Won the Qaulifing round. and Won 2 out of 4 games in the group stage. Played without Polly and D Bravo.

Played outstanding in all two Tournament. in 2012. without Narine, Bravo and Pollard, tehy fought hard, but they lack in they bowling department they Failed this year, but to me they were unfair.

spooony

Club Captain
I wouldn't use the word evolve when it only went off topic because you brought it up straight away. If you want to spout off about Australian selections, then do it in the right place (which I then avoid) rather than bringing it up in every other thread, which is hard to ignore.

I never got that whole nurture thing. He's not going to get the gig as first choice keeper, because there are guys ahead of him, like the ones you brought up. But with the greatest respect to South Africa, outside the usual suspects, there's not a whole lot backing them up in terms of limited overs Top order batsmen. I'm saying they'd be better off giving de Kock a chance ahead of the likes of Levi and when they want to rest the likes of Kallis and de Villiers etc. Can't do him any harm, whereas I feel turning him into a full time drinks carrier would. Especially when if Tsolekile does get picked full time, he'd probably be keeping wicket for his Domestic side anyway, which would do him some good.
You don't understand the nurture side? Well let me explain it like this. In most sport especially Football, cricket, rugby etc etc young players in a team will get to pick a mentor where they will try and feed off. A good example of this is Makhaya Ntini who picked Brain McMillan as his mentor in 97 because he was part of his inspiration. They learn training routines, all kinds of stuff when their touring etc etc etc.
For backup we have plenty. Why do we need to rest guys in International cricket when they just came from a long break before the England series? Dunno if you follow our domestic cricket but we have plenty of back up.

Spouting off about Australian selections? What are you on about?

I will leave the other issue at rest. As you said not time and place.

----

The LOLKata Knight Riders are eliminated thanks to the rain. Come to think about it it was a good idea having 4 IPL teams otherwise there wouldn't be any left.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
You can't win them all I guess, we'd already taken out the Pakistani champs, the English champs, and the IPL champs.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag