Colin I Need A Favour

Originally posted by Rahul@Apr 28 2004, 05:48 AM
just update their stats...or let kartik be...only balaji and pathan....and just check some of the skills or stuff....make pathan and balaji good at swing..both inswing and outswing.....rest just make them a bit better coz they are inda's main bowlers now...u can find the stats at cricinfo...or else i can post them here if u want.....
but make their swing rating better..specially pathan...if u can do it on mine it'll be better...coz i've changed the face nos to put the faces in as well...otherwise i'll have to edit them again

but is there any prob in uploading files?? i'm still not able to
A really easy way to update the players without player editor maybe as

1)Make a new user profile.

2)Go to base copy and then change the values you want (stats,abilities,etc.).

3)Replace the old (unedited) player.

4)Open the roster.pak for the new user profile in a hex editor, go to the created player, copy all the bytes and paste them in the older roster.pak file in the positon where the old player was stored.

5)You get the player changed but without any doubling(two players with same name).

Also, Pathan(in my opinion) has excellent inswing but not all that good an outswing.
Balaji has both very good.

kewl dude dont remove mccullum...he's still in the team....can u put him back in....and remove micheal mason instead??

also can u update this 1 as well....i have edited the faces as well.....cant do it again!! thanx if possible!!

Originally posted by Ajit@May 1 2004, 07:26 AM
A really easy way to update the players without player editor maybe as

1)Make a new user profile.

2)Go to base copy and then change the values you want (stats,abilities,etc.).

3)Replace the old (unedited) player.

4)Open the roster.pak for the new user profile in a hex editor, go to the created player, copy all the bytes and paste them in the older roster.pak file in the positon where the old player was stored.

5)You get the player changed but without any doubling(two players with same name).

Also, Pathan(in my opinion) has excellent inswing but not all that good an outswing.
Balaji has both very good.
This is exactly what I've been doing. Remember when you replace the bytes not to repalce the first 2 which relate to the player code. You'll also have to capitalise the players name again and then delete the copy through team management.

Here's the updated roster file withe the NZl team changes. Done on the latest roster u put up.

Hey Colin, how's the player editor coming up for the stats and stuff ?? Were u and Prakash able to crack the remaining player attributes and put them in the editor ?? Lemme know if you need any help with that coz I am some free time on my hands now.

Mack

has anyone updated the england squads stats and players? E.g. Flintoff and Harmisons improved stats

thanx for that kewldude...r u on msn???
btw u edited the roster which i put up rite??? u shud edit the latest 1 on the site as well so that colin can put that up...the 1 which i have has edited face nos according to the faces i've instaleed in the game!!

roster.pak is the file you will find in your profile folder. It controls the rosters and lineups for the game.
If you want to download an updated one, please get the one from the site as this one had had some changes made by Rahul to face numbers. (I'll remove them once Rahul and Kewldude have finished editing them to save confusion)

Yes Rahul. I was thinking of updating the entire roster soon with the latest changes in all the teams. Will have a go probably today or so. I'm playing a test series with India against NZl in Nzl as well currently which I am planning to put up in the virtual tours section. Been busy with that the last 2 days.

I'll work on Colin's updated one coz he has had some of the stats improved as well. I'll try to get some of the stats improved too. But I dont think I will be able to make changes to the averages since that seems too complicated for me. I'll probably update the other details like 100s, 50s, runs scored etc etc.

Btw, my msn id is [email protected]

Mack

yup....a couple of things..ashish nehra needs to be medium fast bowler..he's medium in the game....and yuvraj singh left arm spin and not medium....i've updated on mine....u do that on collins's update....an entire update wud be good.....i can help u out with who u shud put in....west indies needs updating.......i can do the lineups if u want!! catch u on msn!!

What countries could you imagine playing cricket?
such as Russia, Sweden or Iceland, we get these sorts of nations in football so why not cricket?

All these countries are already playing cricket. Sweden are an affiliate meber of the ICC, and Russia and Iceland have applied for membership.

I cannot really understand why there are two faces for the same face no. in the gob. You can see that in GD Kit Replacer. What's the advantage that EA/HB thought in doing that?
Can it not be that someway(may be by hex editing roster.pak) we get those extra faces as well(which would make the number of faces = 50).
I think only the sweater faces are used in gameplay and the other ones when you open EA's player creater/adder.

Users who are viewing this thread