Commonwealth Bank Series

Yea I would put Gillespie in for Franklin, hes troubled us the most of the Kiwis so far.
At last the Kiwis at full strength looks to be a very good side very well balanced on the bowling and batting now.

gambino said:
the more under strength australia are the more exciting this world cup will be
every team has a chance
but even at full strength this aussie team is beatable
ugh gambino mate, your getting a bit ahead of yourself there.

Two names im not happy to see in the australian team are Hodge and Clark...i mean seriously the experiment has been tried and failed, cant the selectors just move on?

im with you on that genghis, what about hilf? bowls a fine spell and then gets dropped! what about north? hogg? voges!? cosgrove!?

langerrox said:
ugh gambino mate, your getting a bit ahead of yourself there.
well due to england getting battered there
they are looking invincible
i said that nz will bring aussies down to earth and they did when they fell short by just 8 runs

they are beatable even at full strength but just the england performances make them look the greatest team on the planet ever

gambino said:
well due to england getting battered there
they are looking invincible
i said that nz will bring aussies down to earth and they did when they fell short by just 8 runs

they are beatable even at full strength but just the england performances make them look the greatest team on the planet ever
No Lee? No Johnson? No Ponting?!
We had a debutant & Stuart Clark in our ODI side.
When we're determined, no team on the face of this earth can hold a candle to us.

langerrox said:
im with you on that genghis, what about hilf? bowls a fine spell and then gets dropped! what about north? hogg? voges!? cosgrove!?

Cosgrove I can understand can't go bringing in out of form batsmen given you're dropping an out of form batter. But the rest deserve a go, right now we've got one backup batsmen for the WC - Hodge.

genghis_khan said:
Two names im not happy to see in the australian team are Hodge and Clark...i mean seriously the experiment has been tried and failed, cant the selectors just move on?
Yeah. Give Voges a go. He will be a good ODI player. Not like Hodge.

Sureshot said:
I've been surprised Watson hasn't been playing in this series, he's playing state cricket isn't he? I know he had injury problems but he must be over them now?

He has played 1 ODD, where he didnt bowl, and 1 FC match.

Gotta give the guy some time in the middle to get his form and confidence back after his break.

Mind you, would be difficult to say Englands bowling is better than WA's.

aussie1st said:
Cosgrove I can understand can't go bringing in out of form batsmen given you're dropping an out of form batter. But the rest deserve a go, right now we've got one backup batsmen for the WC - Hodge.
One Backup batsman if Symonds is fit you mean.

Today marks the one time that I will be supporting the Australia Cricket Team. :(

wfdu_ben91 said:
I think the selectors are convinced that Clark is a ODI bowler.

Yes it's getting to the point where it appears the selectors minds have already been made up. Clark's and Hodge's performances appear irrelevant no matter what the result, and that they will both be heading to the Carribean.

Personally id be taking Tait or Hilfenhaus over Clark and anyone over Hodge ;)

aussie1st said:
cossie played a brilliant innings last night, maybe a odi selection will give him the kick in his fat ass he needs so he will get fit. hodge has been proven a failure at international level

langerrox said:
cossie played a brilliant innings last night, maybe a odi selection will give him the kick in his fat ass he needs so he will get fit. hodge has been proven a failure at international level

Yea looks like he might have turned the corner just like Jaques. I'd give him a few more games to show hes actually turned that corner no rush when you have Voges, North and co.

Not a bad first over from Tait most balls in similar spots apart from the one Fleming knocked for 4 but looked a bit too short to trouble the batters. Good speed though.

Users who are viewing this thread