Commonwealth Bank Series

Best that he took a break anyway. Been working pretty hard on the field and not that surprised with Hodge's selection. Gives him a chance to get to double figures this series.

I thought Watson would be given a go, never even thought of picking Hodge. Looks like he will be there to the end of the final series anyway as even if he stuffs up we've got no other batter to come in.

DOM hasn't been in great form this season, seems a bit inconsistent for me. On his day hes excellent but they have been few and far between this season and last.

It's right that they've given him another chance. He is obviously talented, else he wouldn't have got into this side. Everyone has failures, it's his bad luck that they came in his first two innings. If he fails again, then they can drop him. Atleast he wouldn't be one of those who got a couple of ODI chances only to never come back again.

Feelin Blue? said:
Yea i agree, im just like the Blues representing there country :)
isnt it 'is dom is good' not the dom is good :p?

GO AUSSIE AUSSIE BEST TEAM WORLD EVER SEEN THINKS I

Adarsh said:
It's right that they've given him another chance. He is obviously talented, else he wouldn't have got into this side. Everyone has failures, it's his bad luck that they came in his first two innings. If he fails again, then they can drop him. Atleast he wouldn't be one of those who got a couple of ODI chances only to never come back again.

If it was just 2 failures fair enough but there has been a few before this series too. If he clicks hes an awesome batter but he just hasn't transferred that domestic form to ODI. Anyway as I said he'll be there to the end of the series so if he can't prove himself by then, then his ODI career is over.

Adarsh said:
hodge?

he has been very unlucky with his innings so far, but he hasnt performed at all in ODIs he played a few in NZ and in the VB series iirc, another poor performance would just be another nail in the coffin of his international career i think!

Feelin Blue? said:
No one agrees with Dominic Thornely :p Watson would be the go i guess

Don't even see where Thornley comes into the frame from. Nowhere near his best.

Selectors are in no rush to bring Watson back. Three games against NZ will probably be enough for him.

Last edited:
evertonfan said:
Dominic Thornley? He's barely good enough to make the England squad.
hey, you havent even seen the guys thinking that andrew macdonald should be playing for aus have you? my god !

Users who are viewing this thread