Commonwealth Bank Series

Nixon brings a lot of things in my view. He's very solid with the gloves and likes to motivate which is good and helps to keep the intensity up. Why all this moaning about people backing down to Hayden? Was it not him who felt the need to come to Symonds rescue when the ball was thrown towards him.

Australia are a strange bunch. They're all for the sledging, but once a team gets on top of them and starts telling them about it, they seem to lose their cool.

Anyways, some good positives today. Plunkett showed that he has control as well as wicket taking ability and at last Mahmood got a go with the new ball. Joyce looks to have settled in. Him and Trescothick at the top of the innings would be ideal.

Bopara did well as well. Apparently JD was due to be dropped before Collingwood fell ill.

I smelt something slightly fishy about the Collingwood situation to be honest. I feel that they wanted to drop him but they couldn't lose his fielding so they used him as a sub instead.

Plunkett was excellent today. That's my reward for supporting him throughout the tour! Mahmood's figures don't do him justice either; He bowled far better than that.

Collingwood replaced Loye who was off to the hospital having stiches and a scan. Unless the plan was for him to get one in the chops, Collingwood fielding was just circumstancial. If he did have a dicky tummy though, it's understanable as you can field for 30 mintues or so before a call of nature, which is more difficult to incorporate when batting.

We are always favourites with the bookies, but who knows Kiwis will have Styris back I think so their middle order is strengthened. Top order is clicking bar Fleming whose due for one so they could cause an upset.

I noticed Nixon went quiet after he dropped that catch for a while. Then of course when the next wicket fell he was back into it.

I can totally see why he pisses people off so much.

John Adams said:
Yea it's real exciting isn't it? :)

This was what I was expecting last year given England really gave us a challenge last time we played them in an ODI and the Kiwis always go well against us. Started off a bit boring but with all 3 sides starting to fire with the bat we should have some good matches.

gambino said:
have you forgotten the rope shoaib had around haydens neck in 2005 winter tour in aus?
You mean the one where Shoaib cried like a spoiled brat?
Everyone goes through a rough patch.
You want rope around someone's head? Go check out Shoaib's economy-rate when Hayden made his highest ODI score.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/...TK/SCORECARDS/AUS_PAK_TTK_ODI2_30AUG2002.html

I have to agree with Johnny Adams aswell, Bell does look ironically like a human mouse among other fetishes and tendencies he might obtain. :D

Nixon is useless; his in line for a punch in the mouth.

As expected Symonds ruled out for the series, not so expected Hodge given another chance.

Australian team to play New Zealand at the MCG:
Ricky Ponting (c), Adam Gilchrist (v-c), Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Brad Hodge, Mike Hussey, Cameron White, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Shaun Tait, Glenn McGrath (12th man)

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=38799

Users who are viewing this thread