Commonwealth Bank Series

Sureshot said:
I was a bit surprised by Ravi's bowling. I was expecting it to be around 70ish, but he was pushing high 70s and not that different from Lewis, he got good movement too and of course the huge wicket of Hussey.

Though why Nixon batted ahead of him only Fletch knows.

Yer Bopara should of been batting at 4 or something he didn't look suited to the last 3 overs.

Also Bracken batting at 7 for the aussies gotta laugh at that.

Drewska said:
Yer Bopara should of been batting at 4 or something he didn't look suited to the last 3 overs.

Also Bracken batting at 7 for the aussies gotta laugh at that.

This series has so far been closer than the stats say.Australia is not that great a side as they used to be as there fifth bowler is weaklink when they do not get early wickets and both teams have had chance in all matches
high time a team took there chance and won the match.

I seem to remember saying that England would have one match in this series where the batting would click and put on 300 (292 is not far off) and then skittle the opposition out. I was ridiculed by all bar MUFC but who's laughing now eh? A bit of faith in your side is needed, even for pointless ODI's like these.

Irottev, I get the bitterness thing from the fact that you are throwing your toys out of the pram just because we beat Australia and you haven't yet. So what if you nearly chases 300+, the fact remains that you didn't.

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
No u were not better , you were lucky .

Oh wake up and smell the coffee. We weren't lucky, we were the better team on the day for the first time in this tour. You've got the challenge you really wanted now stop bloody moaning about it.

evertonfan said:
I seem to remember saying that England would have one match in this series where the batting would click and put on 300 (292 is not far off) and then skittle the opposition out. I was ridiculed by all bar MUFC but who's laughing now eh? A bit of faith in your side is needed, even for pointless ODI's like these.

Oh wake up and smell the coffee. We weren't lucky, we were the better team on the day for the first time in this tour. You've got the challenge you really wanted now stop bloody moaning about it.

yea u r right . Moaning time will be urs soon .

Right just finished celebrating. now then great performance by the English today. Bopara should definately be played instead of Collers and joyce is quality. with KP back i know i'm an idiot but i believe we can win the world cup. (just my belief,don't persecute me!) and we were just the better side. This is the Australian second team though so i probably shouldn't read too much into it. Didn't stop me jumping up in the middle of the classroom and shouting yes when i read the results on my mobile though.

I don't get it. why is he so bitter when his team is so easily the best in the world?

I'm getting a bit fed up with just some Aussies today. We congratulate them and praise their team when they win. However when we win, they call us lucky or anything else under the sun to try and disguise the fact that we were the better team on the day. Of course Australia are a better ODI side than anyone else, no Englishman with a sane mind would dispute that but we batted and bowled very well today, so I dont think thats luck.

He's a fanboy Joey, nothing but a fanboy. Loves it when they win, can't stand it and gets very angry and blameful when they lose.

Leicester Fox said:
I don't get it. why is he so bitter when his team is so easily the best in the world?

I lost my all Vcash . :( . and 200$ in real life today , and then the loss .... .... all the things r going in worst way today .

evertonfan said:
He's a fanboy Joey, nothing but a fanboy. Loves it when they win, can't stand it and gets very angry and blameful when they lose.

i support United so i'm not getting involved. actually i used to be a Manc when i was about 8 but that won't stop me supporting leicester. if you think i'm bad with broad imagine what i'd have been like with Freddie!

anyway looking forward to England v New Zeland. that wil be the game of the series and i'm going to be making sure i'm ready to watch that one.hope to see Enland build on this win rather than just going out with no effort. Interestng to see what our full strength pace attack would be because i don't think Broad will be getting a look in with Plunkett,Mahmood,Anderson,Panesar and Lewis

Just watching the cricket back again why did the Aussies have a go at Nizon for trying to run out Symonds when he walked back to speak to Hayden? they did it!

Leicester Fox said:
Right just finished celebrating. now then great performance by the English today. Bopara should definately be played instead of Collers and joyce is quality. with KP back i know i'm an idiot but i believe we can win the world cup. (just my belief,don't persecute me!) and we were just the better side. This is the Australian second team though so i probably shouldn't read too much into it. Didn't stop me jumping up in the middle of the classroom and shouting yes when i read the results on my mobile though.

Joyce should definitely be opening, hes in good form and now has a 100 from the opening spot. Strauss looks like he'll be dropped completely now.

I still think Collingwood should play, if your gonna drop someone let it be Strauss because Strauss can't bowl and isn't as good a fielder (obviously).

Thats the way I would go, if Collingwood can find his form with the bat again he'll be a decent rescuer down the order and then offers good medium pacers.

Finally we put together a match.

Question: Ed Joyce is the second Irish player to score a hundred for England. Who was the first?

Users who are viewing this thread