Commonwealth Bank Series

Well it's true. They've been poor all series. They deserved a win for their hard work. But if they made the finals I am afraid they have no hope in standing up the the full powered Aussies 3 games in a row.

Another look at the scorecard. over 200 of the runs scores by sommerset were by Greame Smith and Jaysuria. Maybe you presumed I meant SA were better then Sommerset, well I should probably have made it clear that minus the internationals they would be. But anyway, lets end this nonsence. I didn't want to go in this direction but you brought it up *rolls eyes*

kodos said:
I wouldn't necessarily call Lee, McGrath and Watson part-timers :p

I guess the adv. Somerset had was that they had 2 international players that top scored, Sanath and Smith :D

Well the expensive ones. Watson back then would have been nothing compared to the skills he has now. Lee and McGraths bowling didn't lose them the match. Again. Last word son this. It;s irrelevent. Who cares. Move on.

evertonfan said:
As expected, the day that England finally give Australia their much requested challenge is when the Aussies start bloody moaning about it.

Did you see me moan mate? No. I've been the perfect gentleman! Proud am I! :p lol

irottev said:
Well it's true. They've been poor all series. They deserved a win for their hard work. But if they made the finals I am afraid they have no hope in standing up the the full powered Aussies 3 games in a row.
How can you be worried about us hanging with Australia when we've actually beaten them in this series? The mental edge is there. What do NZ have? They got close, big deal. They didn't win.

It's all good for England to set a good total and put pressure on, but bowling first in those conditions and having to bat unde rlights. Well, it would have been much harder for them.

I'll ask you this straight up. Do you honestly think England have a better ODI side then New Zealand? Honestly? Lets leave it at that.

PS: Thanks for all the negative rep everyone. I know who they'll be from. So you'll get it back. Next time sign them or make a comment to make it obvious who it is. I at least do.

irottev said:
It's all good for England to set a good total and put pressure on, but bowling first in those conditions and having to bat unde rlights. Well, it would have been much harder for them.

I'll ask you this straight up. Do you honestly think England have a better ODI side then New Zealand? Honestly? Lets leave it at that.
I think the current England side is capable of beating NZ and Australia which is all that matters, as we've proved in this series.

You didn't answer my question. All 3 teams could beat each other. It's just the frequency that matters.

You realise that Australia field their best side against us. Ponting, Lee, Bracken, McGrath, everyone. Those 4 have been rested at times against you guys or injured. That's respect.

irottev said:
You didn't answer my question.
It's intangible. The better side is decided on the day. Are England a better team than Australia, on paper no. But today we were the better team.

MUFC1987 said:
It's intangible. The better side is decided on the day. Are England a better team than Australia, on paper no. But today we were the better team.

No u were not better , you were lucky .

To be fair, England did outbat and bowl and even field you today.

But so did Bangladesh on their day. It happens.

I put all of my V Cash on Australia. It always happens. Not that VCash really matters. If there was some way to spend it then it would be.

One positive I guess England can take from this, is that with both sides missing some key players, in Australias case voluntary, less so in ours, we actually put up a fight.

It doesn't suddenly make a bad tour a good one, but at least all that talk about how everyone else in the world has more strength in depth than England isn't exactly spot on. The key really is now showing that this performance isn't an anomaly with another good performance against New Zealand and not immediately returning to the same dire performances as witnessed for the rest of the series.

Oh and I'll have to dig back in the thread and find my discussion with someone who I was trying to convince Joyce can be a success in international cricket! Nice to see an English batsman actually make use of a life and get a score, instead of just getting out shortly afterwards.

Hodge didn't look like he's done much to say he can deal with pace outside offstump, whilst Clark still has some work to do to show he can play in Odis. Tait as well, despite bowling incredibly quickly, still looks the same raw bowler we saw in England.

Anyway, glad that after watching nearly every ball of this tour I got to see at least one good England performance against Australia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread