Commonwealth Bank Series

That'd be pretty embarrassing as a batsman, getting to 90 and then being made look like a tailender.
Tait has to go to the WC. Over Lee, over Johnson, over Clark.
He just has to bowl straight on the stumps and quick like he did today and his economy will stay low and his strike-rate will only get higher.
Well bowled Tait.

Lillie went through a period where he slowed down and he became one of the greatest bowlers ever

Cut lee some slack he was up against someone who just bowled a 160 kph ball which hasnt been done since the world cup in 2003 i think
His bowling as slow as Jason Gillespie though and if we have someone bowling 155kph + then theres no real reason to have Lee in the side.
When Lee was Lilliee's age, Lilliee was already in the process of being of the greatest bowlers ever.

Last edited:
Well Tait is a strike bowler, people were worried about his economy if he didn't take wickets. Well today seems to have proven he can keep it tight and if he clicks with the ball we get his usual damage.

Interesting that the Kiwis didn't bring in Oram should give him as much time as possible to make a biggie with the form hes in.

wfdu_ben91 said:
His bowling as slow as Jason Gillespie though and if we have someone bowling 155kph + then theres no real reason to have Lee in the side.
When Lee was Lilliee's age, Lilliee was already in the process of being of the greatest bowlers ever.

Dizzy was in the 130s when he was dropped, if Dizzy was bowling at Lee's current pace he would still be in our side taking wickets I suspect.

Go Pup, bowls Taylor hes again bowled well.

Clarkey! :cool: He is a good tatic bowler, can keep it tight or get the wickets when the batsmen attempt to slog

Oh yes, Clarke is pretty damn handy with the ball, went straight on. Hopefully they will have a half decent pic of him on Cricinfo now! :p

Clarke needs to keep it tight.

aussie1st said:
Well Tait is a strike bowler, people were worried about his economy if he didn't take wickets. Well today seems to have proven he can keep it tight and if he clicks with the ball we get his usual damage.

Consistency is the key though. At the moment he certainly looks like he could win games with the ball. He also looks like he could lose games though, poor in the field, and if it goes wrong he'll get carted. Key will be how often the better days outweight the bad days. Personally I hope he makes it, because someone bowling at 92-97mph consistently is pretty fun to watch.

Wonderful bowling by Pup, now its Oram turn, lets show him that You cant smack Clarkey around

Feelin Blue? said:
He was bowling up at the 143's - 149's
Averaging in the low 140's and bowling an effort every couple of overs.
After seeing Dizzy bowl in domestic cricket, I have to kinda agree with irottev.
He atleast deserves ago infront of Stuart Clark.
Lee's all about shear pace and his losing that. That's why he didn't take many wickets in the Ashes.

Feelin Blue? said:
Clarkey is to slow to hit around the park really
We sae Taylor go after him, the ball that Hodge dropped, so it isnt impossible to hit him around, but i wouldnt be doing it if i was Oram, you see what happened to Taylor, try and slog him, he'll get ya

Well it didn't go out of the ground :p it was a good hit but you have to swing hard to do that which means you are risking missing the ball in the hard swing and getting bowled

puddleduck said:
Consistency is the key though. At the moment he certainly looks like he could win games with the ball. He also looks like he could lose games though, poor in the field, and if it goes wrong he'll get carted. Key will be how often the better days outweight the bad days. Personally I hope he makes it, because someone bowling at 92-97mph consistently is pretty fun to watch.

If he has a good day it's usually 4 fer something, it's not often you see Tait get figures like he did today. I agree on the consistency hopefully we see more of him in the final series to see how consistent he is.

Users who are viewing this thread