Commonwealth Bank Series

How about editing out the swearing? You got rid of something I spent time typing. And I hope these people who are stiring me up are getting told to stop it also.

Great performance by England. The difference in the end was Collingwood, Flintoff and Strauss. Vaughan's captaincy clearly makes a big difference as well. Some of his changes were questioned initially but worked out in the end.

Australia still are the favourites but England now have some confidence and hence some chance. What is the latest on Anderson and Lewis because I cant rely too much on Plunkett and definately not on Mahmood. We cant expect Freddie to do what he did today in every game. Besides the Aussies are miles better than the Kiwiz and would have won this game from the given situation.

irottev said:
How about editing out the swearing? You got rid of something I spent time typing. And I hope these people who are stiring me up are getting told to stop it also.

1. You shouldn't be swearing in the first place.

2. They haven't done anything wrong.

Move along please everyone.

Should be an interesting finals series, especially with the way Australia have juggled their lineup. Looks like White will be making way with Hogg coming into the team. Let's just hope we can nick one and take them to the third game, which win, or lose, would be an achievement for us.

m_vaughan said:
Australia still are the favourites but England now have some confidence and hence some chance. What is the latest on Anderson and Lewis because I cant rely too much on Plunkett and definately not on Mahmood. We cant expect Freddie to do what he did today in every game. Besides the Aussies are miles better than the Kiwiz and would have won this game from the given situation.
Plunkett and Mahmood were brilliant against Australia though. For me, if it's not broken, don't fix it. Unlike the batsmen, these two have made their mark and deserve to keep on playing in my view.

The problem is, i've made too many comments now, and since i'm the only nzer I look like an idiot now. I am in no way obsessed or someone without a life. I just love cricket and when I see the team lose, it takes away some of my pride. It's not like i'm sitting here crying, but I am pretty damn angry and feel like breaking a window. It would help if you stopped being idiots and left me alone and think what it would be like in my shoes. It's not the end of the world and i'll be over it once we start winning again. It;s been a terrible series for us, and it;s all because we skrewed it up. We got the opportunities and skrewed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
We r also ready to face England :) . things will get even now . :cheers

If anyone has any problems with posts being deleted, please get in touch with a moderator of thee forum concerned. If you do not get a satisfactory response, contact a global mod or admin.

Be advised though, that if you swear in a post, it will be deleted, no questions asked. If you don't want posts to be deleted, don't break the rules. Simple really.

End of discussion.

m_vaughan said:
Besides the Aussies are miles better than the Kiwiz and would have won this game from the given situation.

There isn't miles between us. If you have been through the agony of watching the last 10 odd games we have played you would understand. A lot of them have been close games, REALLY CLOSE. We just don't take all our opportunities.

irottev said:
There isn't miles between us. If you have been through the agony of watching the last 10 odd games we have played you would understand. A lot of them have been close games, REALLY CLOSE. We just don't take all our opportunities.

Kiwis r really good .My second favourites after Aussie. and Stephen fleming another gr8 example of Captaincy after Ponting . :hpraise

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Kiwis r really good .My second favourites after Aussie. and Stephen fleming another gr8 example of Captaincy after Ponting . :hpraise
On Captaincy skills alone, Ponting is not even in the same league as Fleming, I'm afraid.

MUFC1987 said:
On Captaincy skills alone, Ponting is not even in the same league as Fleming, I'm afraid.

Then whom do u think is in the league ?

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Then whom do u think is in the league ?
I take it you mean who do I think are the best Captains?

I'd say Fleming, with Smith and Vaughan still a bit behind. Tactically Ponting struggles and relies a lot on bowlers setting their own fields, rather than controlling that himself.

MUFC1987 said:
I take it you mean who do I think are the best Captains?

I'd say Fleming, with Smith and Vaughan still a bit behind. Tactically Ponting struggles and relies a lot on bowlers setting their own fields, rather than controlling that himself.

And thats y we won the WC Final ,ICC champions trophy , ASHES 5-0 . :p

NZ shouldn't have dropped catchs, simply as that.. I felt for that kiwi fan who cried though awwww

Well done Eng, well played, and I loved seeing Freddie fire!

The finals should be a great!

Users who are viewing this thread