Commonwealth Bank Series

siddharth2002 said:
I don't know much about what happened as I am not watching the game but either way Colly should be expecting any kind of delivery from Bond.

Pretty much as Bond got into his action Dalrymple was in the process of picking his bat up from in front of the stumps at the other end of the crease having just dropped it :p

Was a pretty strange sight, and considering people walking behind the bowlers arm is a distraction, I'm sure it was too. It was the perfect delivery to be fair, and when something like that happens, the little chance you have of actually keeping it out must go out the window!

Really, all our batsmen are showing signs of being in decent form. I don't rekon there is a key today. The key for England will be to get early wickets and keep taking them in regular intervals. Basicly don't let a partnership settle. That Strauss/Collingwood partnership was very valuable to England. We need to match it. Oram near the end will be a key though. It's really a case of wickets. We need to keep wickets.

puddleduck said:
Was a pretty strange sight, and considering people walking behind the bowlers arm is a distraction, I'm sure it was too. It was the perfect delivery to be fair, and when something like that happens, the little chance you have of actually keeping it out must go out the window!

Oh ok, yeah it was funny. lol. I guess Collingwood is lucky it wasn;t a bouncer going towards his head. That could have been nasty.

puddleduck said:
Pretty much as Bond got into his action Dalrymple was in the process of picking his bat up from in front of the stumps at the other end of the crease having just dropped it :p

hahaha :laugh, gonna find it on Youtube if it turns up.

Good batting performance that, shame Strauss went a bit early though, especially due to the way Flintoff is playing at the moment.

aussie1st said:
Lee clocked his fastest over in NZ in 05 at 160.8km/h and Akhtar quickest is at 161km/h.

Flintoff out without doing too much damage but Collingwood still there so 240 is still on the cards.
I didn't realise Lee bowled a 160km/h+ ball. I knew Akhtar did but I'm pretty sure it was a no ball against England at the 2003 WC.

Should be a great chase! I didn't think they'd get that many, maybe 250 but that was great. That last ball was pretty funny :)

I think Akhtar at 100mph was against Knight in the WC, who calmly defended it back to him with no trouble really. :p

symonds_sixes said:
I didn't realise Lee bowled a 160km/h+ ball. I knew Akhtar did but I'm pretty sure it was a no ball against England at the 2003 WC.

Should be a great chase! I didn't think they'd get that many, maybe 250 but that was great. That last ball was pretty funny :)

Lee's clocked another 160km/h in the WC. The Akhtar one I listed was in 2002, I don't really know much about his ones. The way Tait is going he'll probably break that record.

Heres the article on it - http://www.theage.com.au/news/Cricket/Lee-breaks-100mph-barrier/2005/03/05/1109958140838.html

MUFC1987 said:
I think Akhtar at 100mph was against Knight in the WC, who calmly defended it back to him with no trouble really. :p
He also bowled one at Rahul Dravid around 160.5 K during one of the Sharjah cups.

Right, I'm going to play the wild card, by getting breakfast and not watching the cricket for 10 minutes. It's bound to work.

MUFC1987 said:
Right, I'm going to play the wild card, by getting breakfast and not watching the cricket for 10 minutes. It's bound to work.
10 minutes over right now, Kiwis are flying for a change.

Come on England! Make my Science lesson tolerable. Just get Fleming out or you've got no chance.

Stephen Flemming isn't a good risk taker is he???

England are in a very good position of winning this game....

Users who are viewing this thread