Commonwealth Bank Series

Well he is playing today at this stage, and it's a much less flat pitch expected. He should do well today. He's due for a good return, especially against England. He can't hold back. It's a Semi. He has to give it everything. I'm looking forward to it. The last few days theres been no swing for him or anyone else for that matter. In Zimbabwe he was swinging it miles. Will be interesting in the West Indies how much he gets.

Typical England, form means nothing, reputation means everything :rolleyes:

Unless Colly and Vaughan get 50's, or Colly contributes with a full 10 over spell and a wicket or two cheaply, Bopara must be gutted. I can understand Vaughan back in, but one of Bopara or Loye had to stay, whilst Loye hasn't kicked on yet, he has at least gotten out quickly with quick runs, instead of slowly with no runs. Whilst Bopara looked energetic, quick between the wickets, and managed something no English bowlers done very often, or before he's taken the game away from us, got Hussey out! Anyway, heading downstairs, I'm knackered as it is, but I'll see how much I can watch.

My bet's on an England limp performance and a thrashing by New Zealand.

This match was over the moment Englands team was selected.Our selectors are officialy gay.

Joyce for captain!

I suppose it's for a good cause! England just starting to rebuild now and just need to keep wickets until the last 10.

Strauss and Collingwood are 2 most out of form batsmen batting ok today

Collingwood with his slazenger has it too

50 off 51 for strauss. he needs to make it into a big score now. good knock given his bad form

This could be the thing that Strauss needs to end this tour on a high (assuming England make the finals). Collingwood finally back in some batting form, much better effort from his thus far.

Bond should be brought back to break this partnership. he was the only newzealad bowler who has bowled really well today

For me England are about 20-30 behind where they should be. The NZ bowlers bar Bond bowled appalingly, and a diet of long-hops and half volleys for some reason brought 3 wickets and a run rate of 3.6. Good recovery from Strauss and Colly, but they still need to get as close to 300 as possible, as this is a good pitch, and the England bowling attack isn't exactly the strongest ever seen.

I think England will need 240 at least. They'll get plenty of assistance bowling at night as it's really humid here at the moment and that should create swing later tonight.

Can't believe they dropped Tait and it was too early to recall Watson, just plain bizarre selections.

What i like about Tait is that you feel like any delivery could be a wicket, and at the moment he looks better than Lee.

They should be able to get 240 as long as there isn't a huge collapse.

genghis_khan said:
Can't believe they dropped Tait and it was too early to recall Watson, just plain bizarre selections.

What i like about Tait is that you feel like any delivery could be a wicket, and at the moment he looks better than Lee.

Yea sad not to see him in the squad as hes an excitement machine, Lee is just plain boring these days. I don't get how they expect to know if Tait is up for it with only 2 games.

genghis_khan said:

Watson shouldn't play until the Chap/Had series and Tait does look really threatening. Is he the only other bowler recorded besides Thommo to break 100MPH legally?

Users who are viewing this thread