Commonwealth Bank Series

personally i would wait until the chappell-hadlee trophy then give him a few games

watson for white straight swap, put watson 4, hodge 5, clarke 6, hussey 7. clarke isnt a number 4 which has been proven so many times.

siddharth2002 said:
But I would rate Fleming better than Vaughan. Anyone who can hit 200+ against Murali & Vaas on SL pitch is better than any English captain any given day.
I'd take Vaughan's effort of getting 3 big hundreds against Australia in Australia against Warne & McGrath in one Ashes series anyday even after going out in the Newspapers and challenging McGrath.

langerrox said:
watson for white straight swap, put watson 4, hodge 5, clarke 6, hussey 7. clarke isnt a number 4 which has been proven so many times.
lol.....Watson isnt in the same class as the other 4 you mentioned batting wise

stereotype said:

I Agree and In west indies on slow pitches where most teams will have spinners bowling middle overs watson will struggle big time .He should either open or come at no 7

Cricket_god said:
I Agree and In west indies on slow pitches where most teams will have spinners bowling middle overs watson will struggle big time .He should either open or come at no 7

He'll struggle at 7 too, all the opposition need to do is bring on a spinner and Watson's out and the opposition is into our tail. Better him up the order where there is less pressure on his wicket.
I would rather go Clarke, Watson, Hodge, Hussey - Hodge is a decent striker of the ball so he can lift the rate if needed at 6.

langerrox said:
You serious? and you think Watson will proform at 4, i disagree i believe Clarke is better at 4 because he isn't a big hitter, Watson can open or go in at 6 or 7

wfdu_ben91 said:
I'd take Vaughan's effort of getting 3 big hundreds against Australia in Australia against Warne & McGrath in one Ashes series anyday even after going out in the Newspapers and challenging McGrath.
Easier for an English player to play in Aussie conditions than to bat on SL pitches under scorching heat and humidity. I am saying that because I have experienced both conditions.

Ah well, this next game will give both captains enough chances.

Drewska said:
The Kiwis could do with Andre Adams, he won a game with 12 needed of one ball last week :p!

lol. We certainly don't need that bowler though.

siddharth2002 said:
Easier for an English player to play in Aussie conditions than to bat on SL pitches under scorching heat and humidity. I am saying that because I have experienced both conditions.

Usually if it's a pretty humid day it's more of a day for runs; not wickets.
Not that the pitch has anything to do with anything but I figure the Australian bowling attack at that time was more formidable enough then the Sri Lankan attack to take the condition of the pitch out of the picture.

siddharth2002 said:

siddharth in playing test cricket shocker!

siddharth2002 said:
But I would rate Fleming better than Vaughan. Anyone who can hit 200+ against Murali & Vaas on SL pitch is better than any English captain any given day.

Harder to keep it up for a whole series than one test.

stereotype said:
? why would we move hussey? hodge just made 99* @ #5, 0,1 @ #3, clarke lacks the technique to bat #4 and watson has a good technique and accumulates runs well I don't see why it wouldnt work?

Users who are viewing this thread