Commonwealth Bank Series

langerrox said:
? why would we move hussey? hodge just made 99* @ #5, 0,1 @ #3, clarke lacks the technique to bat #4 and watson has a good technique and accumulates runs well I don't see why it wouldnt work?
Technique is overrated. I'd prefer someone who actually knows how to score runs, instead of someone who knows how to swing a bat.

Making a generalisation, nothing to do with Watson and Clarke.

Ben Hilfenhaus, Bradman Young Cricketer of the Year

Adarsh said:
2006? Because 2007 has just started !
Probably a good point, as the matches in January count to the awards.

Richie looks like a bit like Monty Panesar when he reacts after a wicket.

LOL!!!

Love the quote from Charles Macartney and how Ian Chappell said it.

"I love to whack the new ball straight back at the opening bowler... It tends to rattle em"

Last edited:
So, recap of the AB Medal.

Australian ODI Player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

Bradman Young Cricketer of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

Australian State Player of the Year: Chris Rogers

Australian Women's Player of the Year: Lisa Sthalekar

Australian Test Player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

Allan Border Medal: Ricky Ponting

WOO MY DAD OWES ME 20 BUCKS he bet hussey i bet punter

p.s go hilfy and bluey

aussie1st said:
Bond is not hit and miss hes a very consistent fast bowler when at his peak. You don't average 22 and 20 in Test and ODI respectively by being hit and miss add to that his economy in ODI is 4.39 which is more than reasonable.

I don't think you quite understand my point. After watching him in this series and the one against Sri Lanka. It would seem he has one great game followed up with one terrible one, and repeat. Thus maintaining a consistent average.

Although he does have a fantastic record against Australia. Won't remind you of that too much though Sylvester :p

Drewska said:
Rogers, what a player.. get him in the next test squad!

Oh so true! He is such a damn good player.

Once Ricky Ponting picked up the ODI award I knew he would get it all. I got that feeling that Symonds or Hussey might've got the ODI but Ricky Ponting scored so much from this CB series!

Ponting with all 3. Amazing. He deserved them all though. What a player.

JamesyJames3 said:
I don't think you quite understand my point. After watching him in this series and the one against Sri Lanka. It would seem he has one great game followed up with one terrible one, and repeat. Thus maintaining a consistent average.

Although he does have a fantastic record against Australia. Won't remind you of that too much though Sylvester :p

Don't see what you're basing that on given he only played 2 ODI matches against SL. Test matches that's a whole different game. This series hes 2 good then 2 bads ;)

angryangy said:
So, recap of the AB Medal.

Australian ODI Player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

Bradman Young Cricketer of the Year: Ben Hilfenhaus

Australian State Player of the Year: Chris Rogers

Australian Women's Player of the Year: Lisa Sthalekar

Australian Test Player of the Year: Ricky Ponting

Allan Border Medal: Ricky Ponting

Talk about cleaning up Ponting winning everything on offer. Rogers and Hilfy also deserved their award.

Australia and their one man band some might say ;)

Sylvester, just to put my point straight I am therefore basing m estimation on Bond on around 8 matches, which some would say isn't fair and I agree somewhat. However, I just thought I would let you know my early impressions on the fella before the World Cup ;)

It's a good sign for opposition teams that for sure :) I'm just so use to Bond moving the ball all over the place, clean bowling our batters with an inswinging yorker. I'll be happy if Bond plays like this against us at the WC :p

Users who are viewing this thread