Commonwealth Bank Series

Bond and Fleming aren't looking in top form either and they are key players.

Fleming will come good though and his captaincy skills will be crucial. Bond is hit and miss, but that's what you get from quick bowlers, and if he doesn't get any injuries, he'll do fine.

evertonfan said:
I definitely heard "...and don't be afraid of the dark" as well. Advance Australia is more upbeat than You'll Never Walk Alone.
I heard the Artic Monkeys as boundary music at the NZ v England ODI at Adelaide.

Franklin did his job. Vettori bowled well too, just no assistance there for him at all. That six balooned his figures. He perhaps should have seen it comming, but he had to toss it up to hopefully get the wicket.

Oram with the bat was great, 15 quick runs and was unlucky to be caught. Can't blame him at all. It was one of those games where we needed to take those half-chance run-outs, needed to probably make a few more runs during the middle stages, just little things.

JamesyJames3 said:
Fleming will come good though and his captaincy skills will be crucial. Bond is hit and miss, but that's what you get from quick bowlers, and if he doesn't get any injuries, he'll do fine.

Flemings captaincy is of course very good, perhaps the best in the world. But as a batsman I've always felt he's not as good as some think. Doesn't score enough hundreds for my liking in either form of the game.

JamesyJames3 said:

Bond is not hit and miss hes a very consistent fast bowler when at his peak. You don't average 22 and 20 in Test and ODI respectively by being hit and miss add to that his economy in ODI is 4.39 which is more than reasonable.

Hooper said:
Yeah...Hes like Shiv Chanderpaul...All 50's no 100's
Apples to oranges. Middle and lower order players hardly ever get a chance at 100 in ODIs. All Chanderpaul's centuries have come from opening and turns out he's quite brilliant at it.

Even in Tests, as a player whose career has mostly been five and six, you can't place the same expectations for runs you would on the top order, just ask that they keep their wicket.

Maybe he meant hit and miss by his injuries. Otherwise it was just a poor game for him. It happens. He has had a dissapointing series overall though. A few wickets and his rhythm might come back.

I think I would back NZ to win the last one as they are better team on paper, in Cricket 2007 and in physical reality :p

Stephen Fleming is pretty much a Michael Vaughan; except Fleming never reached anywhere near the heights Vaughan reached when at his peak in the batting form. Fleming's overrated as a batsman.

Well we all know Fleming is due for one just a question of who the unlucky team is. Vincent and Oram are the form batters in this series and the Kiwi bowlers should do much better at the Gabba so it does point towards a win for them.

But I would rate Fleming better than Vaughan. Anyone who can hit 200+ against Murali & Vaas on SL pitch is better than any English captain any given day.

I think Australia did extremely well to restrict NZ to 291 on that pitch, should've been less but Styris, McCullum and Franklin played well in the latter overs. Superb bowling in the middle overs by Shaun Tait and Michael Clarke.

The side just doesnt feel the same without Roy :(

Users who are viewing this thread