Commonwealth Bank Series

Drewska said:
Shaun Tait probably won't have a long international career anyway (well, a stop-start one), until he sorts his action out.

Thats as sorted as his action gets he knows he won't be playing to 37 like McGrath once he loses his pace he's said it's time to go cause that's what hes about.

Taits action makes doctors and physios hide behind the sofa like Doctor who did to many.

Taits a dangerous bowler, no way near the finished thing but you don't know what you'll get from him. His action will cause problems if he's not treated right. (Ie, 20 overs in a day maximum, absolute maximum)

Could anyone please tell me what is the affiliation between 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and the Australian Cricket team? I've heard it played countless times at the grounds throughout this tour when Australia have been playing.

I definitely heard "...and don't be afraid of the dark" as well. Advance Australia is more upbeat than You'll Never Walk Alone.

Well they thought Liverpool were using it so they might aswell have the same song as the greatest team ever :p.

Well didn't Shaun Tait look good yesterday? I'd have in the World Cup squad after that performance. Stuart Clark is probably the guy the selectors wanted to take, but he has yet to show he can take wickets (except if the batsmen smash him to a fielder) and he has yet to show he can consistently keep the runs down. I think Tait can do both of these tasks better than Clark.

Prior to this game I thought the selectors should take whoever was the best fielder out of Clark/Tait/Hilfenhaus as I didn't see that much difference between them, but yesterday showed me that Tait has great pace (easily faster than Lee and hitting 160km once) and will be great value during power plays or at the end of an innings, which Australia desperately needs.

McGrath is probably our best bowler of yorkers, Lee and Bracken are OK but Clark isn't a guy you want bowling at the end and Johnson hasn't even been given the chance - so one can only assume he's not real good at it.

Bond is obviously bowling whithin himself, so he may as well not play against England unless he's giving it everything. I rekon he'll be rested anyhow. I'd bring in Patel for him. Obviously a slow pitch. He should cause trouble.

Oram is going to need to sort his bowling out as well. He's usually economical. These are flat pitches though. Not easy on any of the bowlers. Taits figures stand out like a beacon. I can understand us being cautious though. Probably the fastest bowler these players have played with and it's their first time. Wouldn't really know what to expect.

Yeah Oram was pretty useless yesterday, didnt find the form with the bat nor ball. Styris played well in his comeback game for 6 weeks

you can't blame Oram for that loss though. 1 bad game after being fantastic in the others

His bowling hasn't been fantastic though. In this series he has shown he is capable with the bat, however he looked like a bunny during the ICC trophy. With the ball he has always looked suspect to me. Which is ashame as he has the frame and build to potentially be a great allrounder.

His bowling hasn't been good. None of the New Zealanders really performed with the ball though so the blame shouldn't just be pinned on Oram

We're talking about the series in general not just the one game. No one blames one player for a defeat. I think New Zealand are reasonably well set for the World Cup, my only worry would be Franklin. Especially with the small grounds in the West Indies.

Users who are viewing this thread