Commonwealth Bank Series

manee said:
Maybe, maybe not. If his shoulder is strong enough to bowl it at 95mph then it may be able to withstand a whole career without many injuries.

If he had an action like Brett Lee where his body goes straight with really straining his back, yes. But Taits back strains a lot during each delivery.

you saw the today even his bad balls are hard to get away because they are coming in over 150 kph and he can potentially take a wicket every ball

Fair enough but I'm going to be annoyed if Darren Gough gets picked ahead of him just because he's doing well at beach cricket. Did anyone else hear his rant on sky sports news?

Drewska said:
If he had an action like Brett Lee where his body goes straight with really straining his back, yes. But Taits back strains a lot during each delivery.

I agree. What is interesting is that if he can bowl that pace, there must be something in his action which is very efficient.

Good to see Australia getting the job done to make the last game all the more interesting.

Vaughan back could be tricky, although it will free up Flintoff in my view to play his natural game. Is Loye fit enough to play again or not?

I'd go with:
Joyce
Loye
Bell
Vaughan
Flintoff
Collingwood
Bopara
Nixon
Plunkett
Mahmood
Panesar

If Loye isn't available, then Strauss in at four and Vaughan up the order. Bopara should stay in the team as even his bowling looks more threatening than Dalrymple. We should be fine as long as the pitch isn't too kind to spin bowlers.

MUFC1987 said:
Good to see Australia getting the job done to make the last game all the more interesting.

Vaughan back could be tricky, although it will free up Flintoff in my view to play his natural game. Is Loye fit enough to play again or not?

I'd go with:
Joyce
Loye
Bell
Vaughan
Flintoff
Collingwood
Bopara
Nixon
Plunkett
Mahmood
Panesar

If Loye isn't available, then Strauss in at four and Vaughan up the order. Bopara should stay in the team as even his bowling looks more threatening than Dalrymple. We should be fine as long as the pitch isn't too kind to spin bowlers.

I think Bopara should go higher he didn't look too comfortable at the death when batting.

MUFC1987 said:
We should be fine as long as the pitch isn't too kind to spin bowlers.
its being played in brisbane....

Griffo said:
That's great and all, but I've never been to Brisbane, especially not to look at their Cricket pitches.

Griffo said:

Yea a semi final of sorts. Even Flemming said that lol. It's gonna be great! I hope the Eng and NZ players not only go for the catch that might be just out of reach, but actually hang onto the ball! Each man has to give 110% for his team! No holds barred! lol

MUFC1987 said:
That's great and all, but I've never been to Brisbane, especially not to look at their Cricket pitches.
so you have never watched a match on your television that was at the gabba not even the first test of the ashes series this year

Griffo said:
so you have never watched a match on your television that was at the gabba not even the first test of the ashes series this year
Do you expect me to have logged the state of the pitch in a book somewhere or something. Pitches can change from week to week as well.

Can't wait for this next ODI. the best part is i will be able to watch it all because it's "academic target setting day" where we go into school for 10 minutes to have a chat with our teachers! Monty must play in this game and if Mahmood and Plunkett carry through their good form then we will win imo. Mahmood can destroy teams if he hits the right gear

The worry is if Lewis is fit. Mahmood and Plunkett both deserve to keep their places. I know Lewis played well, but I think the guys are in possession and doing well, so deserve to stay.

it would be silly to drop them. Plunkett has proved he's more han capable with the bat and if they have to drop someone for Lewis make it Dalrymple (not sure how you spell it)

MUFC1987 said:
The worry is if Lewis is fit. Mahmood and Plunkett both deserve to keep their places. I know Lewis played well, but I think the guys are in possession and doing well, so deserve to stay.
To be honest, I wouldn't say thats a worry, I'm really glad we have bowlers that deserve to keep their place after good performances. I would probably drop Mahmood, he is inconsistent in ODI cricket and we could really do without a 70 run 10 over quota.

Users who are viewing this thread