Commonwealth Bank Series

Looks like England are about to take anther thumping :-(

England 242/8 (50 ov)
Australia 178/2 (31.0 ov)
Australia require another 65 runs with 8 wickets and 19.0 overs remaining

The bonus point situation is the only thing to watch here :) 58 in 43 balls is challenging.
Oh crap Ponting looks like he has a niggling injury, doesn't look too serious though.

Don't get overconfident you Aussies you :p

But really if NZ don't show any signs of competition, it could be the same as any other series.

^ We will try out best :p

I feel sorry for the English team. Now they have lost Pietersen. Their best batsman is out.

Anderson is too inconsistant. Give Plunkett another go. Flintoff was terrible today with the ball.

I dunno. England are just going through a shocking period and they can't do much about it.

White is a poor bowler. He bowls far too short most of the time. He is an interesting bowler which is a shame, but really he will be picked on his batting not bowling. Clarke out-bowled him. He had a good day at number 4 infact. Good to see.

The way Australia are currently playing, it will be very tough for us to beat them. We have little chance of winning on Sunday unfortonatly. You never know.

Plunkett was set to play today irottev but he got a toe injury at the start of warm up, I wonder who came in for him.

Another dismal performance, we batted Ok, the top 3 were poor but 4,5 and 6 did well. We gave ourselves a chance but a combination of poor opening bowling and good attacking batsman at the top for the Aussies made the game a foregone conclusion after 15 flipping overs.

Now that KP is out we have to bring in someone attacking, beit Loye, Shah or even Maddy!

Where do we go from here?

I agree England are going though a bad patch - Not Quite as bad as when they lost a series to Zimbabwe (1996/97) when Eddo "the chicken farmer" Brandes took a One day hat-trick. But they are still doing bad!

Ahhh, toe injury. Jeez. He has has pretty rotten luck with injuries.

Is there any recent news on Trescothick? How is he doing?

If England can manage to play one game well and win a game it might lift them.

Well, we're set to hear who will replace KP in 24 hours or so.

So come on Poms, who's gonna replace Pietersen in your ODI squad?
I'm stumped as to who they'll pick.

As for the up-coming AUS vs' NZ match.
I really hope the Kiwis put up good fight. Truth be told,
I'm getting sick of all these walk-overs on England,
I wanna see some hard fought cricket this Summer.

Last edited:
Personally I think they need to pick a big hitter and just hope he comes off at some stage. We currently have only one player you feel can clear the boundary with no Kp. So it's either a case of experience with someone like Loye, or youth with someone like Benning.

Problem with Benning though is he's not really good enough at the moment :p

I think Pakistan could challenge us. When fit, they'll have a bowling attack of Asif, Gul, Akhtar, Naved, Saqlain (not gonna happen).

I think Mills & Bond will trouble our top order batsman and Vettori will chip in with a few wickets but generally I think the bowling lineup of McGrath, Lee, Johnson, Clark, Bracken, Hogg or whoever we decide to play will probably destroy New Zealand's batting lineup and end up saving us the match.

As for England, unless acouple of their batsman steps up and makes a match winning hundred then I don't see them winning a match on this tour.

Users who are viewing this thread