Commonwealth Bank Series

Another 5 wides from Flintoff, 11 extras for Flintoff :) And none of our batters have scored yet.
There is swing there for Flintoff so thats a good sign if he can get it right.

He meant 5 wides (4 byes plus wide) and a wide.
Another wide in Lewis over our batters only have 1 run a piece until that great shot by Gilly for 4 :)

aussie1st said:
He meant 5 wides (4 byes plus wide) and a wide.
Another wide in Lewis over our batters only have 1 run a piece until that great shot by Gilly for 4 :)
OH i get it now, i thought 6 wides in the over. LOL great start by our batsmen i hear despite only a few runs off the bat

Not looking great for England, they need to get wickets or at least concertrate on bowling at the stumps more

The thing is though, his keeping is the stronger suit. Don't know how he dropped that.

Anderson on, time for the 10'fer.

Jones was keeping good in the Tests and so was Read, like aussie1st said you need to stop picking batsmen keepers, ecspiecally if they are debuting at 36, Read needs to be played, how old is read?

evertonfan said:
The thing is though, his keeping is the stronger suit. Don't know how he dropped that.

Anderson on, time for the 10'fer.

Lol well after that slowmo replay GG that was a school boy error.

He's dropped one catch which wasn't even edged and your ruling out hsi ODI career already FB? It's something called nerves you know. He might be 36 and vastly experienced, but this is his ODI debut don't forget.

Feelin Blue? said:
Jones was keeping good in the Tests and so was Read, like aussie1st said you need to stop picking batsmen keepers, ecspiecally if they are debuting at 36, Read needs to be played, how old is read?

28 years old, the selectors just don't rate Read at all.

Here goes Gilly, back to back boundaries.

another 4 for Gilly, this time a pull to midwicket, we want this game over and fast! looking for a bonus point now

This is getting on my nerves now. All that hard work Flintoff put in by ushering the tail late on has proved to be absolutley worthless thanks to this appaling start.

Mike Atherton is right. The reason why England are poor at ODI's is because they never take advantage of fielding restrictions in the first overs and they have to be aggressive in the settling down periods of the game where other teams consolidate after a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread