Commonwealth Bank Series

Ah just as I speak Gillespie gets the breakthrough. It's only Ponting they have to deal with now. He's not going to do much good...

Pretty disappointed that Hayden didn't make a big score. He went for the sucker ball. Still no guarantee that his spot will be there when the WC comes.

O well, if Ponting wants 400 he's going to probably show signs early.

Well Aussies are on fire again and Gilly is taking them apart. Gilly looks to be set for a big series here. Haydos too has had a pretty good start from what i saw

Ponting has been watchful so far but no surprise as Gillespie is bowling really well at good pace.
Gilly has been slowed down a bit, hopefully it doesn't cause him to get out though.

Powerplay taken now, this is Gilly's chance to go but Patel is bowling dam well still and proving hard to get away.

Gilly getting a bit carried away there but that was definitley out. Huge wicket for NZ and Patel shows good character to respond well to conceding 10 in 2 balls.

There's really something about Gilly and getting out in his 60's. I think by him moving away made him look more suspicious and he was just getting started.

Clarke and Ponting combination again.

Dam Gilly was starting to look really good especially that 6 out of the ground. Once again good bowling by Patel there. Gilly's done his job though just too bad he got out.

I find it amazing with Gilchrist that as his career has gone on, his test form has started to drift away but his ODI form has only gotten better.
Why isn't Mills playing?

Well Test cricket is so much more demanding plus Gilly is suited to ODIs so you probably would expect that.

Mills is still back in NZ getting some games under his belt as hes just come back from injury.

Massive wicket that for New Zealand. Good catch by Fleming as well; Hit that really hard did Ponting.

Hussey in now. Does this batting line-up have any weak links at all?!

punter gone now. These Aussies are in trouble. i'd drop him and Gilchrist and get rid of the coach

Users who are viewing this thread