Commonwealth Bank Series

aussie1st said:
You really just need to read a few post up to find you answer ;)

yea ur right . Anyway we won thats the main thing :happy . but now time has cricket austrlia should do something with opening slot :( . gill is perfect but haydos :mad . what he is playing he doesnt know himself . and that hodge ....... is better in test only . :p

Well seeing as all your Aussies are shouting and dancing for the win, i think ill have a little rant...

England played one of the best ODI ive seen for a long time. Ok the batting wasnt overly good, but the fact Duncan Fletcher has finally seen Mal Loye is only a good thing.

Jimmy Anderson troubled every batsmen swinging the ball in and out, and he also got a little seam to boot.

I dont think Jamie Dalrymple is the way to go, i think the England OD side would benifit from Panesar, he may go at 4 an over but when he can trouble batsmen he is valuable.

Tremlett did very well today, give him 3 or 4 years experience and get a bit of strength on him, he will be getting up for Flintoff pace :D

In a whole, well bowled, poor batting....a facinating match, well done you Aussies!

MUFC1987 said:
Hussey bores his way to another innings. Perhaps we can arrange for Gilchrist to have a few words so that the former walks when he knows he's out. Didn't even have the guts to look Anderson in the face, now that is spineless.
But then he won't be able to keep going at that amazing average. ;)

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
yea ur right . Anyway we won thats the main thing :happy . but now time has cricket austrlia should do something with opening slot :( . gill is perfect but haydos :mad . what he is playing he doesnt know himself . and that hodge ....... is better in test only . :p

Brad Hodge is a very useful OD player. Look at him for Lancashire, he has put in some big runs, and quick aswell. I think he just needs a settled run in the side to show that if Ricky Ponting ever needs that rest, Hodge would be able to fill in perfectly.

Simbazz said:
Well seeing as all your Aussies are shouting and dancing for the win, i think ill have a little rant...

England played one of the best ODI ive seen for a long time. Ok the batting wasnt overly good, but the fact Duncan Fletcher has finally seen Mal Loye is only a good thing.

Jimmy Anderson troubled every batsmen swinging the ball in and out, and he also got a little seam to boot.

I dont think Jamie Dalrymple is the way to go, i think the England OD side would benifit from Panesar, he may go at 4 an over but when he can trouble batsmen he is valuable.

Tremlett did very well today, give him 3 or 4 years experience and get a bit of strength on him, he will be getting up for Flintoff pace :D

In a whole, well bowled, poor batting....a facinating match, well done you Aussies!

Thx simbo. :clap . Enjoy with us . Hve some Beer . :cheers

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Thx simbo. :clap . Enjoy with us . Hve some Beer . :cheers

I'll not enjoy it, England still lost. To see Flintoff, Anderson, Lewis (His stats flattered him a little, he isnt good enough to get 4 wickets when Anderson got less) and to some extent Tremlett also played well for us.

In my opinion we should drop Dalrymple and try out a batsmen, with only 3 bowlers. I think the ODI side needs to be experimented with, we have the talent there, but we just cant use it for some reason. Personally i think Duncan Fletcher needs to be sacked but thats for another time.

Simbazz said:
I'll not enjoy it, England still lost. To see Flintoff, Anderson, Lewis (His stats flattered him a little, he isnt good enough to get 4 wickets when Anderson got less) and to some extent Tremlett also played well for us.

In my opinion we should drop Dalrymple and try out a batsmen, with only 3 bowlers. I think the ODI side needs to be experimented with, we have the talent there, but we just cant use it for some reason. Personally i think Duncan Fletcher needs to be sacked but thats for another time.

Remove Fletcher To Stop Nightmares :p

I believe Fletcher has been a great coach but he is well passed his sell-by date.

MUFC1987 said:
Hussey bores his way to another innings. Perhaps we can arrange for Gilchrist to have a few words so that the former walks when he knows he's out. Didn't even have the guts to look Anderson in the face, now that is spineless.
If you walk then you're soft. I wouldn't expect an Englishmen to walk and I don't like it when Gilchrist walks. Hussey didn't have to go because he wasn't given out by the umpire. End of story.

wfdu_ben91 said:
If you walk then you're soft. I wouldn't expect an Englishmen to walk and I don't like it when Gilchrist walks. Hussey didn't have to go because he wasn't given out by the umpire. End of story.
Cheat to win?

Yup you cant blame Hussey for not walking as 99.99% of the cricketers would have done the same. Often you are given out when you are not.

I dont think the bonus point is of any importance to Australia. Yes it will matter in matches involving NZ and Eng.

Much better performance by England, felt nice today. If only we had batted out the 50 overs. Great bowling by Lewis and Anderson. Tremlett was average, but then it was his first game of the tour.

MUFC1987 said:
Cheat to win?

Tell Me What would hve Collingwood done ? :p

Do u want be to belive he would hve walked away with his bat to pavillion .

Take 1 thing mate . Gilly is the honest cricketer this world hve ever seen .

MUFC1987 said:
Cheat to win?

Its not about cheating, each player has his own standard. Gilly has always seemed to be the type of player to walk when he knows hes out, and fair play to him. Australia have a whole array of batsmen who have differnt mindsets, if Ponting thin edges one and everyone is sure, he will stand his ground till he is forced to leave. Its the way of the game, it would be dull to see every batsmen walk as soon as he nicks it.

And on the subject of Hussey, how the hell does he play boring cricket? Do you just look for fours and sixes all the time? Hussey is technically perfect at times, i would call him entertaining if anything!

Users who are viewing this thread