Commonwealth Bank Series

Simbazz said:
Its not about cheating, each player has his own standard. Gilly has always seemed to be the type of player to walk when he knows hes out, and fair play to him. Australia have a whole array of batsmen who have differnt mindsets, if Ponting thin edges one and everyone is sure, he will stand his ground till he is forced to leave. Its the way of the game, it would be dull to see every batsmen walk as soon as he nicks it.

And on the subject of Hussey, how the hell does he play boring cricket? Do you just look for fours and sixes all the time? Hussey is technically perfect at times, i would call him entertaining if anything!

Simbo Hats of 2 u man. :hpraise .

m_vaughan said:
Yup you cant blame Hussey for not walking as 99.99% of the cricketers would have done the same. Often you are given out when you are not.

I dont think the bonus point is of any importance to Australia. Yes it will matter in matches involving NZ and Eng.

Much better performance by England, felt nice today. If only we had batted out the 50 overs. Great bowling by Lewis and Anderson. Tremlett was average, but then it was his first game of the tour.

Tremlett was more than average, i think he just showed his inexperience towards the end of his spell when he gave away the odd boundry but except for that he rarely give the batsmen anything.

And on the subject of Lewis, he did bowl well but Anderson did better. I think the figures he got flattered him slightly

m_vaughan said:
Hussey does what matters the most - win matches for Australia. Something that Bevan used to do before him.

Totally agree, I'd say he is the hardest, and most prized wicket to get out of the whole team. With Ponting he likes to pull and hook and with that you always have a chance but with Hussey he gives you nothing, he plays "on the ground," cricket, but saying that he does sometimes chance his arms as seen by that top edge six!

m_vaughan said:
Hussey does what matters the most - win matches for Australia. Something that Bevan used to do before him.

yea vaughn . Hussey is just playing the role what Michel Beavan used to do .

One difference . Hussey bangs and Beavan used to take 2s ,3s .

John Adams said:
Haha Strauss should always walk since he's given out no matter what! :laugh

Strauss has forgotten how to play ODI, his scores are not even a run every two balls, its like a run every four balls which is absolute crap as far as top of the order goes. Bang Fred and Loye in to open :rolleyes:

I wouldnt say Hussey bangs but yes if and when required he can and does hit the odd six.

Simbazz said:
Strauss has forgotten how to play ODI, his scores are not even a run every two balls, its like a run every four balls which is absolute crap as far as top of the order goes. Bang Fred and Loye in to open :rolleyes:
Wouldnt be a bad idea. Maybe send Joyce or Bell to open with Loye and send Strauss in at number 4.

If Vaughan does make a comeback I think Strauss or Bell should be dropped.

m_vaughan said:
I wouldnt say Hussey bangs but yes if and when required he can and does hit the odd six.

I'd say he is a great opening type batsmen, a bit like Trescothick when he is on form. Hussey has the ability to try to get his eye in and score 7* runs off 30 balls but when it comes to the wire he will get up to 40 off 45 deliveries, he is that good.

m_vaughan said:
Wouldnt be a bad idea. Maybe send Joyce or Bell to open with Loye and send Strauss in at number 4.

If Vaughan does make a comeback I think Strauss or Bell should be dropped.

I think out top five, if everyone was fit, In ODI would be;

1.Loye
2.Trescothick
3.Vaughan
4.Strauss/KP
5.KP/Strauss/Flintoff

If we dropped Strauss, id say get KP at four and Flintoff at five.

Say Vaughan gets injured again, id say Flintoff at 3. and KP at four.

it was an unusual game...it was 4/77 of 25 overs slowest australian batting since Bill Lawry...anyway I think Hussey is the most versatile batsman in world cricket right now, he can play a camio innings of 40 off 40 but he can also build an innings...and at times doing so without looking like he is in trouble, sometimes it feels like he bats in second gear...thats his advantage over Michael Bevan and his career, Michael Bevan could only really play one way (although it did him well doing it) Hussey can play the Bevan or the Clarke or the Symonds role without looking out of place, and he can hit the ball miles

Simbazz said:
I'd say he is a great opening type batsmen, a bit like Trescothick when he is on form. Hussey has the ability to try to get his eye in and score 7* runs off 30 balls but when it comes to the wire he will get up to 40 off 45 deliveries, he is that good.

I think out top five, if everyone was fit, In ODI would be;

1.Loye
2.Trescothick
3.Vaughan
4.Strauss/KP
5.KP/Strauss/Flintoff

If we dropped Strauss, id say get KP at four and Flintoff at five.

Say Vaughan gets injured again, id say Flintoff at 3. and KP at four.

Well all i can from these ECB Should join immidiately to Planet Cricket

Here they can get better ideas than there.

stereotype, i think your totally right, he is so versitile when playing is amazing he can like you say, hit 40 off 40 or hit 10 off 70 and he doesnt look any differnt with his confidence.

You also have the added benifit of Hussey being able to bat anywhere in the order from 1 to 7

Simbazz said:
stereotype, i think your totally right, he is so versitile when playing is amazing he can like you say, hit 40 off 40 or hit 10 off 70 and he doesnt look any differnt with his confidence.

You also have the added benifit of Hussey being able to bat anywhere in the order from 1 to 7

Australia Got A magic Wand ........... Michael Hussey :happy

I think that magic wand is needed for England ;)

I think Mal Loye, given a uninterupted run could gain experience and become a decent type of player. I think its a bit late in the day for him to do so, at 33 is he?

Users who are viewing this thread