Commonwealth Bank Series

lol well I'm happy he gave us some entertainment at least. :) too bad that all inevitable collapse happens all too often for the English. Will it happen for NZ on Sunday again as well?

stereotype said:
I hope Mal Loye plays the same through the series, but he didnt phase Bracken i think the tactic of using both Bracken and Johnson due to them being left handers will make it tougher to sweep...the angle will make it near impossible

I'd fomd a way, Australia seem to think the future is Brett Lee and 2 quick left armers :p

I think having even just the one Fast Medium Left Arm bowler will be very effective, and will give players like Strauss a run for thier money as Strauss wouldnt really be too over the top, jump for joy, happy to be playing against a left armer is the angles and types of shots he can play will change

New Zealand will fair better against us aussies this series than England because we havent made an embarrassment of them live over the last few months like we have the english

m_vaughan said:
Maybe he'll reverse sweep them in the next game. Simon I think you are getting a bit too carried away with Loye after just one knock.

I'm not :D Ive watched him a lot for Lancashire, as i support them ;) Home county :D

And i can say, give him 5 games on the bounce and he'll look like a ODI player for sure. Give him a run in the test side he could replace Bell IMO.

John Adams said:
lol well I'm happy he gave us some entertainment at least. :) too bad that all inevitable collapse happens all too often for the English. Will it happen for NZ on Sunday again as well?
Underestimate the Kiwiz at your own peril. I reckon they are a quality one day side who have played to about 20% of their true potential.

Simbazz said:
I'm not :D Ive watched him a lot for Lancashire, as i support them ;) Home county :D

And i can say, give him 5 games on the bounce and he'll look like a ODI player for sure. Give him a run in the test side he could replace Bell IMO.
Well let him play those five games then. As far as tests are concerned I dont think he'll replace Bell.

stereotype said:
New Zealand will fair better against us aussies this series than England because we havent made an embarrassment of them live over the last few months like we have the the english

In my honest opinion you Aussies only have players with a little bit more class than us English.

The whole thing is with the Ashes is that Australians go into the first test saying, "Right, win this, win them all," us English go in to it saying "Maybe we will lose a few but im confident we have talent to win 3." Australia KNOW they are going to win, England THINK they might win.

Simbazz said:
In my honest opinion you Aussies only have players with a little bit more class than us English.

The whole thing is with the Ashes is that Australians go into the first test saying, "Right, win this, win them all," us English go in to it saying "Maybe we will lose a few but im confident we have talent to win 3." Australia KNOW they are going to win, England THINK they might win.
I hate to say this but Australia have better players. I think only Freddie, KP and SJ would stand a chance to make it to the Australian team, while we would readily take even their A team players.

m_vaughan said:
I hate to say this but Australia have better players. I think only Freddie, KP and SJ would stand a chance to make it to the Australian team, while we would readily take even their A team players.

We can make 2 Australia Teams with ur players . ;)

m_vaughan said:

Yeah but i think its more mental side rather than ability. Look at 2005, England had a better mentality, but all our players where fit :p in 2006/07 Vaughan, Jones, Flintoff and a few other party places were either unfit or not fit to call themselves ready to play

Simbazz said:
Yeah but i think its more mental side rather than ability. Look at 2005, England had a better mentality, but all our players where fit :p in 2006/07 Vaughan, Jones, Flintoff and a few other party places were either unfit or not fit to call themselves ready to play
Couldnt agree more to that.

John Adams said:
Will it happen for NZ on Sunday again as well?

It better not! lol. I think half our batting order are due a good score. Oram is comming over but won't play til Adelaide.

I was almost getting worried today, if England were to beat Australia we may not have made the finals lol. Thank god it didn't happen. I might be going to watch the final at the MCG hopefully. It should be great (so long as we make it into it). So by then we better be batting better.

Anderson was great today, he got back into rhythm against us. He was the chief destroyer.

England put up a good fight but Hussey and that great cameo from Lee got them through.

I think Australia have won this, so i basically think its a fight between NZ and England, and im happy to say England are winning :D

Simbazz said:

I agree, at test level the ability is there but Australia have won every encounter this summer over here and yes injuries, preparation and mental strength are what causes it and now Australia will be without McGrath, Warne or Langer in their next test against Sri Lanka at the end of 2007 but have bowlers like Stuart Clark who has been a revelation for Australia since he made his debut in S Africa..and we have guys like Johnson, Tait, Bracken, MacGill, Cullen, Rogers, Jaques, Thornley, Haddin and Hilfenhaus (sorry to leave any out if i do) who will fill the breaches who i think would already be playing test cricket if they played for someone else

It will be a test of Australias strength in 11 months time to see how they fair without the experience of especially Warne and Mcgrath, but i think Langer will be more missed. Who would have thought the partnership between himself and Hayden would end but it has and Australia will need to find a very worthy replacement to have any chance

Users who are viewing this thread