Commonwealth Bank Series

Feelin Blue? said:
I Haven't seen him bat yet, whenever i tune in he always just got out or was out not long ago for 5 :l

Yeah well i think he likes to keep his appearences short :p

Helped Anderson's hair :p its gone big

But seriously, Anderson played very well today!

england from what ive seen is just a strong level of mediocrity (no offense) you have a lot of players of the same level of ability, and no stand outs. Even KP and Freddie have their downfalls as players.

rickyp said:
england from what ive seen is just a strong level of mediocrity (no offense) you have a lot of players of the same level of ability, and no stand outs. Even KP and Freddie have their downfalls as players.

What people fail to realise is that we a very very young team, most of the players haven't gel'ed into a team yet, like Australia had a basic lineup for years maybe as many as 5-10 years, and when one player retired they would pluck one more out from the pile and stick them in, its been a very basic routine, now Australia cant do that, and i think give it 3 years England will be at the top

Feelin Blue? said:
Well every bowler in their attack is under 30 so thats promising, not sure about Freddie though

Fred needs to come on in the 15th over to a scoreline with 1 or 2 wickets down atleast, then he bowls like a worldclass player. Bringing Fred into the attack at 40/0 with Langer and Hayden throwing there bat about isnt effective.

He was getting great bounce today without the new ball, so that too was promising with the young blokes having a terrific game, well done English!

At the moment we are talking about OD bowlers. When it comes to who will be on as bowlers in tests its another topic, for one i'd drop Harmison when playing away.

Users who are viewing this thread