Commonwealth Bank Series

Simbazz said:
What people fail to realise is that we a very very young team, most of the players haven't gel'ed into a team yet
Nixon and Loye?

Cricket is based on individual performences. So what you said about gelling into a team is incorrect.

i am willing to bet my life that england will be so far behind aus for years to come. They just dont have it in them, and they rarely show signs that they ever will. Who would rate an english bowler above Johnson (and still younger), Johnson has proved himself at international level in almost every game he has played. Anyway, opinions only, dont question other peoples opinion on their decision to my question please.

Australia will become better than they are now because they will not rely so heavily on 3 or 4 players to do the work...some of the State sides on their own could beat international sides (and they do regularly when they tour here)
England are lucky to be 2nd in the test ratings so close behind Australia tbh..

Australia have won every test bar one since their ashes defeat in 2005 (draw with S Africa in Perth in late 2005)

Australia have won every test in 2006

Sri Lanka are the next best in 2006 at around 60%

England's record is around 50% since their ashes win ( prior to ashes series here)

Last edited:
cricketmad09 said:
Nixon and Loye?

Cricket is based on individual performences. So what you said about gelling into a team is incorrect.
i'm sure the world XI disagree with that, the ashes 2005 is a perfect example. england didn't have the better lineup but they were twice as determinded and focused as a team and they beat us, cricket is a team sport. hence there being 11 people out there..

also why isnt tait playing? the selectors are stupid sometimes

langerrox said:
i'm sure the world XI disagree with that, the ashes 2005 is a perfect example. england didn't have the better lineup but they were twice as determinded and focused as a team and they beat us, cricket is a team sport. hence there being 11 people out there..

also why isnt tait playing? the selectors are stupid sometimes
Tait can be a rather expensive bowler. He can take wickets but can go for a lot of runs and we already have Brett Lee who is the same type of bowler. We can't have 2 of them in the same ODI team.

cricketmad09 said:
Nixon and Loye?

I believe you are incorrect. In 2005 England worked in a pack, 2 fast bowlers and 2 fast bowlers. As it was then Hoggy and Harmy and Flintoff and Jones.

Cricket IS based on individual efforts but there are certain parts of the game which need players to become familiar with oneanother so they can player world class cricket

Your right there Simbazz but ODI's are a bit more reliant upon stand-out individual performances though.

Was nice to see Anderson carry on his form from the New Zealand game over and this is probably his first show of consistency since 2003 when he was at his best.

I'd also partly agree with you Simon on the young side argument, but there is enough experience in there to win ODI's without using it as an excuse.

Feelin Blue? said:
Well England have a very big county set up so you would imagine you would have to have some quality players coming through
Regarding Gilchrist he is effective as opener as he can get Australia off to a blazing start

Rashid, Davies, Northeast to name a few.

Sam Northeast scored something like 19 centuries in 2005 if I remember reading the bit about him on the Wisden Cricketer properly, he's only 17 too. Kev might know more.

Sureshot said:
Rashid, Davies, Northeast to name a few.

Sam Northeast scored something like 19 centuries in 2005 if I remember reading the bit about him on the Wisden Cricketer properly, he's only 17 too. Kev might know more.

I read that about that guy, sounds like a good prospect. Rashid looks to be Englands only hope on a leg spinner :(

i wasn't too dissapointed with the loss today. we proved we're capable of challenging Australia and we're still due a win and maybe we can fluke one in the final and the other 2 will be a washout. seems our only chance

Ive lost all hope of a win over Australia now :( But i wouldnt say no to another win over New Zealand :p

i think we can win, how did Tremlett bowl today, i saw Lewis and Anderson's figures but didn't see tremlett. i still think broad would be better suited with his batting abilitys too.

Simbazz said:
Ive lost all hope of a win over Australia now :( But i wouldnt say no to another win over New Zealand :p

Ah come on man where's the belief? We have Lancashire's finest in Loye and Jimmy firing on all cylinders now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread