Commonwealth Bank Series

Leicester Fox said:
i was just saying that broad would be better suited to Australian conditions than Lewis

As would most of the bowlers we could use.

Saj, Plunkett, Tremlett, etc.

Broad is a good prospect but he wained when he played imo.

Tremlett was played today and wasn't too succesful but i agree about saj mahmood and plunkett

I was confused by Flintoffs captaincy again, not trying Darylample or Collingwood.

also, Glenn McGrath at 9 :eek:

Tremlett was bowling within himself it seems, Greig was saying he usually touches 140km/h but he was below that today. He got good bounce but a bit wayward today.

Drewska said:
I was confused by Flintoffs captaincy again, not trying Darylample or Collingwood.

He had to go for wickets, it was the right thing to do.

Tremlett will come into his own soon enough, his first game on tour. He's a good bowler, he does normally bowl a bit faster, also tends to bowl with the new ball iirc.

Loye looked pretty good because he would take the bowler on. I'd keep him in the team.

well if loye is dropped then i think we will actually kill the selectors. he looked very good and i think when we get Pieterson back we've actually got quite a balanced good batting line up. bowling we're still unsure on though with Anderson the only real certainty but Panesar likely to play i would imagine

not sure who we will drop when vaughan and KP come back. Strauss and Joyce or Bell and Joyce i would imagine

Drewska said:

Batting spot? No way we would have sent him in with the game far from wrapped. He certainly didn't want a bat from the interview he gave in between inns.

Leicester Fox said:
well if loye is dropped then i think we will actually kill the selectors. he looked very good and i think when we get Pieterson back we've actually got quite a balanced good batting line up. bowling we're still unsure on though with Anderson the only real certainty but Panesar likely to play i would imagine

not sure who we will drop when vaughan and KP come back. Strauss and Joyce or Bell and Joyce i would imagine

They have to keep Loye, they made the right choice in picking him over Bopara and he repaid that faith with a good show of agression.

Leicester Fox said:

Strange to think that Bells place is still not nailed down considering he averages 40 odd so far in Odi cricket. Doesn't have the best strike rate but he is an excellent fielder as well as a good batsman, and he scores quicker than Strauss, Collingwood and Vaughan.

Something like:

Bell
Loye
Vaughan ( c )
Kp
Colly
Freddie
Dalrymple
Nixon (or any other keeper from Foster, Prior, Batty etc... )
Tremlett/Broad/Lewis/Mahmood/Plunkett
Panesar (or one of the seamers if its not going to take turn)
Anderson

Looks ok to me, Loye even if he gets a fair few failures will at least get them quickly. If he gets a flying start or two, we could feasibly start reaching 300 plus considering there would still be KP and Freddie to come, and they haven't really had the chance to take an innings away yet, normally having to rescue it from a disastrously slow start.

puddleduck said:
Bell
Loye
Vaughan ( c )
Kp
Colly
Freddie
Dalrymple
Nixon (or any other keeper from Foster, Prior, Batty etc... )
Tremlett/Broad/Lewis/Mahmood/Plunkett
Panesar (or one of the seamers if its not going to take turn)
Anderson

Isn't Vaughan the better opener or is he better at 3? Either batsmen should complement well with Loye though. That side looks much better, aggressive batsmen alternating through the lineup.

aussie1st said:
Isn't Vaughan the better opener or is he better at 3? Either batsmen should complement well with Loye though. That side looks much better, aggressive batsmen alternating through the lineup.

Yeah sorry meant to have Vaughan opening! If he's injured which is bound to happen fairly regularly, then Strauss slots in to open and Bell stays at 3.

the thing is bell's always going to be in doubt if you throw you're wicket away as stupidly as he did today

Yeah it was stupid, but at least he looked like scoring runs. One worry from this tour which has thus far been overlooked, is that Collingwood has done nothing to show that he is anything other than a slow pitch player. He still looks a walking wicket to anything just short of a good length outside offstump at pace. He has scored big runs in the last year and a 2 months, but nearly all of them have come on pitches that are either slow, or have low bounce. I'm not saying he should be dropped from the Odi side, as he is a key component (but test match wise he has proved nothing except confirm what a lot of us already knew.. expect an article in the members article forum within a few days on this very subject ;) )

Loye is a good batsman, but how old is he, does he have many years left ?

Agreed. I think he should stay in ODI's Because we need his finishing ability. BUt Tests he hasnt convinced me at all. Too suseptable to the Ball outside off.

Users who are viewing this thread