Commonwealth Bank Series

Lewis was flattered by his stats as ive said all the way through this thread, he is no-where near good enough to be awarded with a 4-wicket haul, and Jimbo only getting 2 wickets.

Even if Loye, Flintoff and Anderson are fully firing, i still know for a fact that we cannot win :( Team morale is low

Simbazz said:
Lewis was flattered by his stats as ive said all the way through this thread, he is no-where near good enough to be awarded with a 4-wicket haul, and Jimbo only getting 2 wickets.

Although I agree that Lewis is cannon fodder at this level, you can't deny that he bowled well today mate. Saying things like 'there's no wayhe deserved 4 wickets' is a bit harsh considering he had Hayden in all sorts of trouble early on and was consistently beating the bat.

On a helpful pitch like today, yes he did do well, but on every other type of pitch it is proven that he is crap, i dont like the way he bowls. I feel we have better than him who can take wickets on unhelpful surfaces.

Simbazz said:
On a helpful pitch like today, yes he did do well, but on every other type of pitch it is proven that he is crap, i dont like the way he bowls. I feel we have better than him who can take wickets on unhelpful surfaces.

I wasn't arguing that he was good for our side Simon, I was saying he bowled well today. I seem to remember you wanting him to be pushed into the Test side not so long ago. :p

and i don't imagine Lewis is suited to the Australian conditions but Anderson is improving loads as his fitness comes back

Leicester Fox said:
and i don't imagine Lewis is suited to the Australian conditions but Anderson is improving loads as his fitness comes back

Like I said a while back, It was just a matter of him getting to grips with his new action, which he seems to have done.

Yeah he looks like he could be succesful in the world cup. how was Monty? i hope the fields by flintoff weren't too defensive but we didn't have many run to work with. did he even bowl?

Not A Ball?! :eek: :mad

wait just saw your post simbazz! thats all right then

in that case why the hell didn't we play him. i thought they wanted to be consisten until the world cup now. in that case why play Joyce? we'd be better off playing bopara

They felt it would be a seamers pitch so decided to go in with the quicks ahead of the spinner. Considering McGrath, Bracken, Lee, Lewis and Jimmy got all the wickets to fall today i think it was probably the right decision.

I am however baffled as to why Dalrymple, someone who for the majority of his career has been a batsman who bowls a bit, is batting below Nixon.

that is a good point but i suppose they want to reward Nixon for his 2020 performance and can't be bothered to change it although i don't think that Nixon is suited to playing against Australia with their lack of spinners seeing as thats his strength

Leicester Fox said:
i think we can win, how did Tremlett bowl today, i saw Lewis and Anderson's figures but didn't see tremlett. i still think broad would be better suited with his batting abilitys too.

Shut up about Broad. He dwindled away in the Pakistan series and lacked consistency. Not yet is he good enough. :mad You're worse than Matt was on Loye! :D

evertonfan said:
Although I agree that Lewis is cannon fodder at this level, you can't deny that he bowled well today mate. Saying things like 'there's no wayhe deserved 4 wickets' is a bit harsh considering he had Hayden in all sorts of trouble early on and was consistently beating the bat.

Each wicket the batsman got themselves out, with maybe both openers being rushed onto the shot a little. His figures flattered him compared to Jimmys.

i was just saying that broad would be better suited to Australian conditions than Lewis

symonds_sixes said:
Tait can be a rather expensive bowler. He can take wickets but can go for a lot of runs and we already have Brett Lee who is the same type of bowler. We can't have 2 of them in the same ODI team.

If Lee recaptures his ODI form of last year then it would be alright as he was taking wickets and keeping the runs down. Then having Tait to rip through the attack is handy. If hes on his day he'll keep those runs down.
Hopefully at the very least he gets a game this series, in place of Lee if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread