Computer Shuts Down. Help !

johrisaurabh

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
While playing Crick 2004, my computer shuts down automatically. It becomes very frustrating.

Pleas help

May be some viral infection.You need to check up your computer with any antiviruses like Zonealarm 5,Norton 2006.
Also do a reformat of your computer.
Better wait for some oters to answer this before foramtting.

Has it always happened with Cricket 2004? Does it happen with any other games? Specs?

I have done virus scans.

The specs of my laptop are : Intel Centrino, 1.5 gHZ, 256 mb ram, Windows XP, 40 GB HDD.

I only have simple games like chess on my comp. It does not happen with them

Perhaps its overheating? Is anything blocking the fans on the laptop or the air around it? Or are you using it in a hot enviroment?

Ste

the same problem occurs with my laptop while playing cricket 2004.
the comp shuts down abruptly without any error messages.
i have scanned for viruses and spyware, but my system is clean of them.

specifications :
intel P-4 2.8 Ghz, 256mb shared ram (64 video leaves 192 mb), win XP pro, 30 Gb hdd.

and yes, it happens only with cricket 2004. i have checked for overheating and fan obstructions, but everything is normal.

please help :help

You could try switching off you power management settings. It doesnt sound like a virus also reformatting is unlikely to help but it could be heat. How long do you have to be playing for it to happen? Is it always after the same amount of time or when you get to a specific point in a game??

Ste said:
Perhaps its overheating? Is anything blocking the fans on the laptop or the air around it? Or are you using it in a hot enviroment?

Ste
If it is overheating then other games also shouldnt work!

Try chaging the settings to low.

Last edited:
Mahesh Babu said:
If it is overheating then other games also shouldnt work!

Try chaging the settings to low.

Not if the only other game he has been playing is Chess.

ste

it could be due to Graphic card...or somewhere it might be clashing with something runing in the background try pressing alt-contrl-delete and in the proccess end proccess of whatever is not need and close extra things like other things which are not need it or if you need help you can give me the list of things i will tell you what to end process...Try this and it might work...or try increasing your ram

Dear all, Thanks for the prompt replies.

Dear KEVMEAD: How do I switch off my power management settings? Yes it happens when I have played for 10-12 overs.

Dear INDIANCRICKETER: How do I know which processes are not important. There are 46 processes running

Dear Mahesh Babu: Which settings should I change to low?

Users who are viewing this thread